Bama loses Tim Castille to a knee injury

CShine

You guys love to bash Shula. I dont think he is really doing that bad of a job. His defense is playing great, but the offense is not there. Whatever, I like Shula. Its going to take a while for Bama to actually have a great season. If anyone (including bama fans) thought that this year would have been easy, they are really stupid and dont understand football. It takes many years to build a good football team. Shula has only been there for 2 years, and got handed a team that has been through alot of crap. Of course his is going to sturggle his first 3 or 4 years. Tuberville went to Auburn and had problems his first few years also. Now look at them, they are playing for the SEC title and maybe a National Title. Bama fans have got to understand that its going to take 3 or 4 year for that program to even being to turn around.

You guys love to bash Shula. I dont think he is really doing that bad of a job. His defense is playing great, but the offense is not there. Whatever, I like Shula. Its going to take a while for Bama to actually have a great season. If anyone (including bama fans) thought that this year would have been easy, they are really stupid and dont understand football. It takes many years to build a good football team. Shula has only been there for 2 years, and got handed a team that has been through alot of crap. Of course his is going to sturggle his first 3 or 4 years. Tuberville went to Auburn and had problems his first few years also. Now look at them, they are playing for the SEC title and maybe a National Title. Bama fans have got to understand that its going to take 3 or 4 year for that program to even being to turn around.

114459[/snapback]

I agree with you and have nothing against Shula. To his credit he hasn't fanned the fires of the Auburn-bama rivalry which is more than I can say for your last few coaches. However, when they show Shula close up during the games he looks lost.

actually, CTT won 9 games and went to the SEC CC Game and a New Years Day Bowl Game in his 2nd Season. That was predominantly caused by him going out and securing the services of Rudi Johnson.

Not sure if that is struggling . .

oh, I'm pretty sure you know my feelings about CTT after last year. I was just rebutting the comment that CTT struggled his first few years at Auburn, when in fact he played in one SEC CC Game, and played in two bowl games in his 1st 3 years.

Also, I don't think he has been on the hotseat every year.

After 1999 (5-6) everyone was pretty pleased with victories over LSU and UGA - no hotseat

AFter 2000 (9-4) we were pretty pleased with Rudi and again, SEC CC Game and New YEars DAy Bowl game - no hotseat

AFter 2001 (can't remember exact record - but included 'Black Saturday; - he kept himself off the major hotseat by canning Mazzone (who needed to be fired) and Lovett. Still, good victory over UGA this year - I'll give you hot seat here

After 2002 (9-4) Huge victory in the Iron Bowl, last second loss to UGA, blowout win over LSU and New Years Day Bowl Victory over PSU - no hot seat

Now, after 2003 - no question .

so he has been on the hotseat twice in 5 years . . not quite 'every year but one'

uh, did you see my comment about 2003 - "no question" - that implied "no question he was on the hot seat."

He was on the hot seat after the 2001 season and after the 2003 season - not on the hot seat after 1999, 2000, and 2002.

That's twice in five years. . .

I'm going to assume you misread my post.

That all being said - YES, I am DANG GLAD we flew up to Louisville. I just started a thread that should adequately explain this - but in short - the flight to Louisville forced some much needed Changes at Auburn - including CTT's coachign style.

Archived