Bleacher Reports a joke

MFDTIGER

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1178156-auburn-2012-football-schedule-keys-to-each-game/page/3

SIAP, This shows the credibility of some of these sports sites. It says Miss St. was one of our most crushing losses last season. Unless I missed something the good guys won that one. I'm pretty sure I was there.

:dunno:

BR is a website who lets amateur (would be) sports journalists sign up and write content for free.  They might let the "writers" share the monetized elements of their blogging based on hits, but I'm not sure.  A while back I clicked on a BR link and it was an article written by a ninth grader. 

Nothing wrong about it, but I will never rely on BR as a credible source for sports news.  Ever.

Ian does very nice work.  I appreciate his articles, they are very well written and have very good content.

I only read BR when there's nothing new around the web. Which unfortunately, happens to be a lot.

Anyone can write a column for BR. You have to remember that when you read it.

Anyone can write for Yahoo as well. B/R has built its contributor platform from the ideas that built the Yahoo sports machine.

Ian does very nice work.  I appreciate his articles, they are very well written and have very good content.

Thanks Bigbird for the kind words and for reading the content.

BR is a website who lets amateur (would be) sports journalists sign up and write content for free.  They might let the "writers" share the monetized elements of their blogging based on hits, but I'm not sure.  A while back I clicked on a BR link and it was an article written by a ninth grader. 

Nothing wrong about it, but I will never rely on BR as a credible source for sports news.  Ever.

B/R does not focus on breaking sports news. It is more of a forward thinking, column based platform.

The new B/R Team Stream app for iPhone and Android is a very good breaking news app however, and the breaking news teams have become very effective and reliable.

B/R does not focus on breaking sports news. It is more of a forward thinking, column based platform.

The new B/R Team Stream app for iPhone and Android is a very good breaking news app however, and the breaking news teams have become very effective and reliable.

Does this app allow you to subscribe to specific teams for breaking news? Say, Auburn, for example? Thanks in advance Ian...enjoy your articles and insight into AU football!!!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1178156-auburn-2012-football-schedule-keys-to-each-game/page/3

SIAP, This shows the credibility of some of these sports sites. It says Miss St. was one of our most crushing losses last season. Unless I missed something the good guys won that one. I'm pretty sure I was there.

I had posted this on my Facebook page after the game.  Not sure if this was real or not as I had found it somewhere (maybe even here can't remeber) or someone emailed it to me  :dunno:.  Check out the records. 

Does this app allow you to subscribe to specific teams for breaking news? Say, Auburn, for example? Thanks in advance Ian...enjoy your articles and insight into AU football!!!

It does. It pieces together a number of media outlets as well as B/R content. Team specific, or sport specific. Thanks for reading.

Oh and we lost opener as well according to the LA Times.

I caught that but did you miss this little gem ? 

"It's hard to imagine the Tigers knocking off the Crimson Tide this season, but they'll have a shot if they can eat the clock up and keep that defense on the field. That will keep the game close and crowd in the game throughout the contest."

Now just why would we want to keep the crowd in the game when we play in Tuscaloosa ? It just goes to show that most of these guys (columnists in general) know little about AU football. Ian Berg is one of the exceptions.

Yeah Bleacher Report is def a joke, every now and then u can catch a good recruting article on there. But any of us can write a article on there and most likely be alot better at it. :wareagle:

Bleacher report is the same thing as this forum, but in the form of articles. There's nothing wrong with it, it just is what it is.

Yeah Bleacher Report is def a joke, every now and then u can catch a good recruting article on there. But any of us can write a article on there and most likely be alot better at it. :wareagle:

Please apply for chance to write. I would love to read your work, as it must be leaps and bounds above the abilities that the crazy Auburn Featured Columnist comes up with. Reading your comment, I see the flow skills fo sho.

Please apply for chance to write. I would love to read your work, as it must be leaps and bounds above the abilities that that crazy Auburn Featured Columnist comes up with. Reading your comment, I see the flow skills fo sho.

:bow:

Please apply for chance to write. I would love to read your work, as it must be leaps and bounds above the abilities that the crazy Auburn Featured Columnist comes up with. Reading your comment, I see the flow skills fo sho.

Ian, you do great work.  Don't let the vocal minority bother you. A lot of the people criticizing BR are the same ones that laud you when you link yours.  Ironic, don't you think?

Ian, you do great work. Don't let the vocal minority bother you. A lot of the people criticizing BR are the same ones that laud you when you link yours. Ironic, don't you think?

Indeed it is BB. Tough skin here layered with sarcasm at times. Have you read the comments I get on B/R? Quite an interesting group that frequents the site with the full intent to blast the content I produce. Most have scarlet, scripted A's somewhere tatted on their body I am willing to bet.

If folks would like to write, I strongly encourage it. There is a contributor program that is available to all. Positive perspectives about Auburn are great, that is why I started three years ago.

I also found a calling three years ago. Some might not and do it just for fun, that's great too. I do get a bit ornery about B/R sometimes I admit. Simply because the platform gave me a chance to find my professional aspirations--which was long overdue--and B/R continues to attempt to add credibility by adding known writers to the fold.

When folks defame my credibility, it hurts the message. My message.

If others think they do better work, do it. If not, they shouldn't speak out of turn.

Sorry for the quick rant. Again I truly appreciate the time you take to read my content and share with the board. I hope to always project Auburn in the best light possible, on B/R and The Parkway.

Archived