Clemson loses another playmaker

TigerProwl24

There's been mentions already on this site. But thanks for the info.  :wareagle:

"I am proud of the improvements Mike Bellamy made in the spring semester in a number of areas," Swinney said. "We gave him the opportunity to return to school in January and to grow as a player and a person and by all accounts from his teammates and coaches, he was doing well."

Huh... :dunno:

This truly hurts us, he would have easily given up a fumble for a touchdown

^^^This^^^  ;D

Seems like we recruited Bellamy hard and were in  the running for him. If he is the one I am  thinking about, I recall being disappointed when he committed to Clemson.

Just another case of all  the excitement and distraught we (me included) sometimes have over recruits is all for naught.

Seems like we recruited Bellamy hard and were in  the running for him. If he is the one I am  thinking about, I recall being disappointed when he committed to Clemson.

Just another case of all  the excitement and distraught we (me included) sometimes have over recruits is all for naught.

You're thinking correctly. Bellamy was the top RB choice for me coming out of his class and I was disappointed we couldn't land him. On film he was in my opinion the most impressive back of that class.

I remember in 1977 or 76 AU had a freshman RB very few had ever heard of by the name of Joe Cribbs. As I remember, he turned out OK. Another point, in 1982 Auburn pulled in a RB by the name of Alan Evans, considered the top RB in the state. He never played a down at Auburn. There was a guy by the name of Bo Jacksom whobwat him out. And a Paul Harvey would say, "Now you know the rest of the story."

I remember in 1977 or 76 AU had a freshman RB very few had ever heard of by the name of Joe Cribbs. As I remember, he turned out OK. Another point, in 1982 Auburn pulled in a RB by the name of Alan Evans, considered the top RB in the state. He never played a down at Auburn. There was a guy by the name of Bo Jacksom whobwat him out. And a Paul Harvey would say, "Now you know the rest of the story."

Evans and Jackson were in the same recruiting class. Evans from Enterprise and Jackson from McAdory.

Running back Mike Bellamy has been ruled academically ineligible. Another big loss for Clemson. http://www.thestate.com/2012/05/15/2277588/clemson-rb-bellamy-wont-play-for.html

The Kickoff Classic is looking better all the time!!!  :cool:

Don't get to big headed. 

Clemson historically has a stable of running backs like we do.

They will still have some stud to fill their needs.

You're thinking correctly. Bellamy was the top RB choice for me coming out of his class and I was disappointed we couldn't land him. On film he was in my opinion the most impressive back of that class.

I was curious about our recruiting him so I looked on Rivals.  They say we never offered him.  Interesting.

Archived