What can the Auburn Family do besides prayers?

ausoldiergrad

I know LP had a daughter.  I don't know if Ed had any children.  I am in no position to rally the troops from where I am right now, but maybe one of you are.  Maybe someone out there with the right connections could start a scholarship fund for Ladarious's daughter or any other children that lost their father last night to this tragedy.  Maybe this thread would be a good place to discuss any other ways we could look out for the families of the fallen?  Ideas, suggestions?

Yeah, if i could id donate right now. Start my new job thursday so if there is a way to donate soon i will with part of my first paycheck

Never say "what can we do besides pray?". Praying is HUGE in times like these. When your money is tight and you feel there's nothing you can do, you can always pray many times during the day if your able to.

If something is done, I'd hope it would be for all those that were slain.  Ed, Ladarious & Eric add "name value" to the tragedy but 1 other person died and another is fighting for his life.

Demario Pitts left behind two children.  I think it would be a great thing for the Auburn family to start a fund to help support the children of Demario and Ladarius.

Does anyone have any info on how to go about such a thing?

Just continue to pray.

I hope whoever finds the shooter, takes the $15,000 and gives it to the families of the victims.

I've always heard that old cliche' that people say when they feel helpless coming to the aid of someone that goes a little something like this - "well, all we can do is pray..."

No, that's the best and most important thing you can do!

I've always heard that old cliche' that people say when they feel helpless coming to the aid of someone that goes a little something like this - "well, all we can do is pray..."

If anyone knows of a tangible way we can help these now fatherless children, I'd be willing to step up to the plate and donate.

If anyone knows of a tangible way we can help these now fatherless children, I'd be willing to step up to the plate and donate.

Count me in, too.

Look I wasn't trying to defend anyone by saying what else can we do beyond praying.  Pray all you want, but I think that good deeds go a long ways too.  Maybe if we set up a paypal/credit card account that people could make donations too?  Lets show everybody that Auburn is a family, and we take care of our own.  I lack the ability to set this up because of my current situation, but I know some of you smart people out there could easily pull this off. 

Yes!!  I would love to be able to help these three families and the other young man that is at UAB.  Hopefully these messages will make it to our AD and/or president Gouge.  If anyone hears please post.

Look I wasn't trying to defend anyone by saying what else can we do beyond praying.  Pray all you want, but I think that good deeds go a long ways too.  Maybe if we set up a paypal/credit card account that people could make donations too?  Lets show everybody that Auburn is a family, and we take care of our own.  I lack the ability to set this up because of my current situation, but I know some of you smart people out there could easily pull this off. 

I could set one up, but I would want to make sure I dot all of my i's and cross all of my t's to make sure everyone's money is cared for properly and gets to the right place.  One of my alumni brothers is a lawyer.  I'll talk with him and get back all of you with what I find out.

I could set one up, but I would want to make sure I dot all of my i's and cross all of my t's to make sure everyone's money is cared for properly and gets to the right place.  One of my alumni brothers is a lawyer.  I'll talk with him and get back all of you with what I find out.

Thanks man.  That is what I'm talking about.

:thumbsup:

I spoke with a contact at the University and they can not have any involvement in this kind of effort, so it's going to be a bit more complicated than I had hoped, to arrange from KC.  I need some "boots on the ground" (tip of hat to ausoldier) to work with the families representatives and figure out how to get the money to the proper people, once it's collected (trust funds, maybe?).  The last thing I want to do is take money that is given for a cause and have it end up in the wrong place and not serving the intended purpose.  Outside of that, I can work out the collection side of things on this end, as soon as I here back from my lawyer friend.

I have a friend th played college ball with Ed Christian's dad. He spoke with him the other night so I know they are still in touch. I'll see what I can do/find out on my end.

Why did ST not post it here?  Can someone provide the link?

I don't know the answer to that, but I got the link rightchur:

You can still make a donation to the families of Ed Christian and Ladarious Phillips.

Click link to donate now!

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=7TS7HWW8QZ9A4

Why did ST not post it here?  Can someone provide the link?

I don't know the answer to that, but I got the link rightchur:

You can still make a donation to the families of Ed Christian and Ladarious Phillips.

Click link to donate now!

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=7TS7HWW8QZ9A4

Hmmmm... isn't working for me.

Archived