2013 3* LB Jonathan Walton (South Carolina signee)

trout54

Would have been a nice addition, but I'm not losing any sleep on this one. Very average athletic ability made up for by physicality and effort. This is not one you would confuse for a "combine freak".

Walton is a very good athlete, as shown by the fact that he played both sides of the ball with success. Absolutely no idea why you are painting him as some filler "effort" recruit. You dont get numerous SEC offers this late otherwise.

Jonathan Evans says hello.

Sometimes guys who would barely sniff a SEC offer during the summer become a hot commodity during January based on teams' having open slots that they are trying to fill. This is a perfect example of that.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What puzzles me is why we didn't offer him at least a shot at linebacker. We need linebackers even worse than we need RB's. Somebody said that when Walton made his official visit he measured 6' 1" and weighed in at 238. Sounds like a LB prospect to me.

Umm so because he has good height/weight, we should offer him at linebacker? I was 6'3, 230 as a freshman, but by no means would I have had any business stepping out on that field.

No, but apparently Steve Spurrier didn't think you were a good enough linebacker prospect to fly from South Carolina and make an in-home visit to recruit you. He did that for Walton, so the guy must have some high potential.

What puzzles me is why we didn't offer him at least a shot at linebacker. We need linebackers even worse than we need RB's. Somebody said that when Walton made his official visit he measured 6' 1" and weighed in at 238. Sounds like a LB prospect to me.

Umm so because he has good height/weight, we should offer him at linebacker? I was 6'3, 230 as a freshman, but by no means would I have had any business stepping out on that field.

No, but apparently Steve Spurrier didn't think you were a good enough linebacker prospect to fly from South Carolina and make an in-home visit to recruit you. He did that for Walton, so the guy must have some high potential.

Its called "closing" man.

I was thinking the same thing at the time. Let him have a shot at LB until he saw the error of his ways. But if he did up his game at LB, it solves another problem for us. Sort of the way we are handling Jason Smith, by giving him a shot at QB/WR.

I hate it for him, but his offer "timed out" this weekend just like a few others we've discussed. I wish him well since I think he's a good kid.

apparently he just sat on the pot.

There's a joke in there somewhere, bird.

i really don't want to miss on this young man. he really would be a great get. both on the field and off. notice...... no games from him!

Archived