2013 3* LB Jonathan Walton (South Carolina signee)

trout54

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FWIW, I have it on good authority that JW is looking to visit us on 1/25.

listed on AUC here

Thanks. Makes me look like I was just drawing info from elsewhere. :-( Sorry, but it really did come from someone REALLY CLOSE to his situation FWIW......??????

listed on AUC here

Thanks. Makes me look like I was just drawing info from elsewhere. :-( Sorry, but it really did come from someone REALLY CLOSE to his situation FWIW......??????

It's all good Trout. Just was clarifying that it was already public knowledge. Any info to his recruitment would be much appreciated.

I believe you, Trout...but Golf thinks you're full of it.

That's okay. He's a golfer. Just like fisherman, it's just engrained in him that people would be feeding him lines of BS. LOL

listed on AUC here

It's all good Trout. Just was clarifying that it was already public knowledge. Any info to his recruitment would be much appreciated.

Nah. I appreciate it. I'm not much on doing a bunch of research. that's what i have you guys for.......one stop shopping. I was jsut giddy over the fact that i FINALLY have some inside intel for a change. :bananadance:

I believe you, Trout...but Golf thinks you're full of it.

That's okay. He's a golfer. Just like fisherman, it's just engrained in him that people would be feeding him lines of BS. LOL

listed on AUC here

Nah. I appreciate it. I'm not much on doing a bunch of research. that's what i have you guys for.......one stop shopping. I was jsut giddy over the fact that i FINALLY have some inside intel for a change. :bananadance:

Well don't just sit there patting yourself on the back. Go get some more. lol

ehhhh. i don't know. i think i'll take a break, and let the kid focus on school for a little bit. today marks the first day of quitting smoking in over 30 years, and it has taken its toll on me. i'm exhausted. lol.

ehhhh. i don't know. i think i'll take a break, and let the kid focus on school for a little bit. today marks the first day of quitting smoking in over 30 years, and it has taken its toll on me. i'm exhausted. lol.

Good luck on that endeavor brother.

truthfully, it hasn't been that hard(so far). i honestly have not made any effort in 30 years to quit (less 8 weeks of basic training 23 years ago). the eye opener for me was seeing my father after emergency quadruple bypass surgery 4 days before Thanksgiving. Made me realize how precious life is, and how badly i need to set an example for my family. That's enough for me to make the effort now!

Thanks for the encouragement.

BTW, i have learned today that one of Jonathan's teammates and friends(I will leave him nameless for the time being in respect to himself and his family) has been diagnosed with leukemia. He's a brilliant young man that is on his way to one of our military academies. Please do him and his family a favor and throw a prayer out there for him. Our Lord will know who you speak of. Thank you for taking a moment for him!

^-^

truthfully, it hasn't been that hard(so far). i honestly have not made any effort in 30 years to quit (less 8 weeks of basic training 23 years ago). the eye opener for me was seeing my father after emergency quadruple bypass surgery 4 days before Thanksgiving. Made me realize how precious life is, and how badly i need to set an example for my family. That's enough for me to make the effort now!

Thanks for the encouragement.

If you start having a tough time, I'd suggest getting a prescription for Chantix. It's worked well for me and a number of others I know. Believe me, the reward is well worth the effort of quitting. Next month will be six years for me.

Congratulations! That's awesome. I will take that advise if needed. I'm hoping that i can do it without assistance, but some things may be too tough to conquer on my own. All i have to do (so far) is picture my poor father in that ICU bed. That image has negated any cravings to this point.

I read in this thread (thanks E) that we are looking at him as an H-Back. Has JW said if he prefers playing offense or defense?

I read in this thread (thanks E) that we are looking at him as an H-Back. Has JW said if he prefers playing offense or defense?

Has not said but I think we are recruiting him at H Back since Gus personally gave him the offer and also offered him at Arky St.

Has not said but I think we are recruiting him at H Back since Gus personally gave him the offer and also offered him at Arky St.

I think JW is a type of player you get on campus and then figure out where he plays IMO.

I think JW is a type of player you get on campus and then figure out where he plays IMO.

Well hopefully that gets decided on OUR campus! WDE!

JW LOVES THE GAME OF FOOTBALL! He loves to hit, and loves to make first contact.....................hard. That's why he loves defense so much. It's evident in the delivery of the blows he also tries to inflict when carrying the ball. Frankly, in speaking to him, i think he PREFERS defense, but is the kind of kid that is going to WHATEVER BEST BENEFITS THE TEAM. He is a team guy, first and foremost.

JW LOVES THE GAME OF FOOTBALL! He loves to hit, and loves to make first contact.....................hard. That's why he loves defense so much. It's evident in the delivery of the blows he also tries to inflict when carrying the ball. Frankly, in speaking to him, i think he PREFERS defense, but is the kind of kid that is going to WHATEVER BEST BENEFITS THE TEAM. He is a team guy, first and foremost.

So, is he "All In" or what?

Still working on that. have feet on the ground working to get him marching in the right direction. frankly, i don't think it's going to be too hard. throwing the "friend" card out there. let's see how strong the friendship bond is, and how much time they want to spend together in "battle" between the hedges (AUrs that is).

Archived