2013 3* LB Jonathan Walton (South Carolina signee)

trout54

From talking to the kid, AU is showing him some love.  Visited a couple of weeks ago.  He plays for a small private school, and therefore doesn't get much attention, but he falls in the "stud" category.  Watched every game of his for the past two years, and the kid LOVES contact!

Thoughts anyone? Has anyone else heard anything on him?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO he looks 150% better as a RB than a MLB, but you have to love that he never quits on a play, even when its almost certain he won't make it. 

Also, how good are these teams he is playing, because if he is running like that against good, strong teams, I love it, he drags some of those defenders 6-8 yards.  He looks very strong.

I've watched him play the last couple of years and to your point he is usually the biggest kid on the field.  Plays both ways usually and has been dinged up from all of the contact.  Going to be tough for him to get a DI offer in state I fear.  Nice kid when I've been around him too.

Bayside is the smallest 3A team in the state.  By number, they qualify as the smallest 2A school in the state, but with the private school penalty they fall in 3A.  it is said that the 3A level is the most competitive division in the state, but i am certain there are 4A, 5A, and 6A schools that would love to argue that point.

That said, he has great size, and a frame to add more weight.  the schools that have been looking at him are leaning more towards the offensive side of the ball, but he likes to hit, and would therefore like to play defense if given the opportunity.  Regardless, he sys he is grateful for the opportunities that are given to him, and is going to perform at his best where ever he chooses to go.

I love this kid!  He is one heck of a TEAM guy.  Very humble, and well spoken.  well grounded, polite. ........................Yes, i am a little biased.  Not my child, but a close friend of my son's.

I've watched him play the last couple of years and to your point he is usually the biggest kid on the field.  Plays both ways usually and has been dinged up from all of the contact.  Going to be tough for him to get a DI offer in state I fear.  Nice kid when I've been around him too.

South Alabama has offered....................they're gonna be D1 really soon, but i get you're point.  He has, apparently, already received a couple of offers from D1 schools out of state.  I fear that he is going to be kind of like Jay Prosche, in that it will be a NSD offer if AU misses on someone else.  By that time he may have already made a decision, much like Jay had originally done with Illinois.

Bayside... really?

Really!  Though they have historically been known as a soccer/academic school, they have recently been playing to the penalty given to private schools and have recruited a little themselves........not so much that the other students don't have the opportunity to see the field (ala some Mobile private schools), but enough to keep some quality talent on the field.  It seems to have forced the other teammates to step up their games as well.  They went 11-1 last season. 

Bayside... really?

Really!  Though they have historically been known as a soccer/academic school, they have recently been playing to the penalty given to private schools and have recruited a little themselves........not so much that the other students don't have the opportunity to see the field (ala some Mobile private schools), but enough to keep some quality talent on the field.  It seems to have forced the other teammates to step up their games as well.  They went 11-1 last season. 

Zach Morris though...

HA!  Yeah.  they hear that from time to time.  nicer campus though, and the young ladies put Kelly, Lisa, and Jessie to shame.  At times I wish I were a young man again, but then again, that would just be too many distractions. 

10 straight state titles, and 20 overall?  I would say that Bayside has a pretty strong volleyball team.  :thumbsup:

Is it Coach A. Schilling you are referring to?  Great lady!

i like him as a rb, he reminds me of rudy. why is he getting so much flack for playing against smaller defenses, but every one is not giving the same flack towards monty for playing against small offensive lines? i like his yards after contact and he seems to protect the ball in traffic

Put on 10-20 lbs and be a full back? Also do you think Bayside has a good year this year? With him at running back and AC Slater at QB they could put up some big numbers

Bayside is the smallest 3A team in the state.  By number, they qualify as the smallest 2A school in the state, but with the private school penalty they fall in 3A.  it is said that the 3A level is the most competitive division in the state, but i am certain there are 4A, 5A, and 6A schools that would love to argue that point.

That said, he has great size, and a frame to add more weight.  the schools that have been looking at him are leaning more towards the offensive side of the ball, but he likes to hit, and would therefore like to play defense if given the opportunity.  Regardless, he sys he is grateful for the opportunities that are given to him, and is going to perform at his best where ever he chooses to go.

I love this kid!  He is one heck of a TEAM guy.  Very humble, and well spoken.  well grounded, polite. ........................Yes, i am a little biased.  Not my child, but a close friend of my son's.

Not 5A, 4a and 6a are very competitive but 5a has really not had many great teams in the last 4 or 5 years

he most recently recorded a 4.51 40.  not too shabby for a big fella.  he's 6'1" and 225 currently.  i think he has potential.  i would LOVE to see him in O&B, but would be just as content to see him play for South Alabama.  i would have a better chance of seeing him play more often (live and in person).

I haven't seen the guy and I'm not trying to be rude, but really, Bayside? Its certainly not impossible for a great player to play at an uncompetitive high school but I just wouldn't put hardly any stock in any game tape of his.

I watched Bayside receivers work over J. Rose a couple of years ago and he was supposed to be a multistar top 12 in state prospect that has faded.  Prep schools down in the Mobile Bay area have produced Barron, McCarron, Prosch, the LSU DB that is in the NFL etc.  So making a deep run in the playoffs is not exactly "uncompetitive".  AU started Clint several games for example and I think he was 1A.

Bayside... really?

Zach Morris though...

No, it was Slater. He is a running back.

I haven't seen the guy and I'm not trying to be rude, but really, Bayside? Its certainly not impossible for a great player to play at an uncompetitive high school but I just wouldn't put hardly any stock in any game tape of his.

Don't sell this kid short.  It was Mr. Rose that they played 2 years ago in the state Semis.  mind you, Bayside lost the game, but this is also a football program that will be celebrating their 10th year of existence this year.  They have done some pretty impressive things over that span.  That said, I predict that Mr. Walton will be Bayside's first D1 player.  You heard it here first..........................  just sayin.

:dunno:

He doesn't seem that quick or fast but he has good instincts to ball as a line backer and makes tackles all over the field even after it looks like he is out the play.  That is hard to coach and something special... real special because he will make plays that lbs with more quickness and speed won't because they sill have given up on the play.  You can tell he loves to play defense, make contact, and plays smart.

Yeah i was talking about a. schilling. She is a great lady! Chevis Jackson was the DB from St Pauls that is in the NFL>

Put on 10-20 lbs and be a full back? Also do you think Bayside has a good year this year? With him at running back and AC Slater at QB they could put up some big numbers

I don't know...with Needich starting at LB over at Valley this year, this game could decide who plays for state.

• 6 months later...

Archived