AA

I go to Pensacola about once a month. Wow, coincidences? :-\;D

Parole Officer?? :lol:

nooo, just reporting in!

j/k ;>)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok, where are all the whatcha ma call its, funny faces?

When you start to type something in the 'reply" box, look at the top of the box in the light blue area. There is a smiling yellow face. Click it then look at the bottom of the reply box. A number of thing-a-ma-jigs will pop up. If you look on the far right of that you will see a >. Click on it and there are a lot more thing-a-mabob's.

ok, where are all the whatcha ma call its, funny faces?

The emoticons are in the reply box. When you click on quote of a user comment or click in the reply box at the bottom of the page, it pops up a function box above where you type. There is a smiley face on the top row. Click that and it will open them up to see the most frequently used ones. When that opens underneath your text box, there is an option to show all. Click show all and it opens up another window to allow you to scroll through them all and select the one you want. Hope this helps.

Try this and see what you think. Click on "View New Content". Then on the left side of the new page you will see a list. Click "New since last visit" and then click on "New Content" again. That is the closest thing I have found.

I have been going there also a4e...."View New Content" at the top right of the page....from there on the left side I have been going down to "OTHER". Under that I hit "items I participated in". It is the same as "show new replies to your posts" at A E.

next question, how do I get credit for the 150 or so posts I had on AE?

over there, I was just plain "aueagle"

wde

wde

I'll send your request to an admin and they can fix that for you.

wde

For free? Crud. Some guy told me it usually costs $1.00 per post you made at A E. He said I got a great deal at only .75 a post.

Is there a way to a hyperlink?. I prefer posting them instead of the whole link showing if it is possible.

wde

For free? Crud. Some guy told me it usually costs $1.00 per post you made at A E. He said I got a great deal at only .75 a post.

well, some are just higher on the social ladder than others. :lol:

Is there a way to a hyperlink?. I prefer posting them instead of the whole link showing if it is possible.

I'm not sure what you are asking ellitor. Can you be a bit more specific?

wde

well, some are just higher on the social ladder than others. :lol:

:bow:

I'm not sure what you are asking ellitor. Can you be a bit more specific?

on AE we had an option where we could link a web address to a word or words. The words would be what show instead of the web address. It looks better if you are putting the hyperlink in a sentence. The code looked like this rivals profile All that would show is rivals profile but if you clicked on the words rivals profile it goes to the link. It's called a hyperlink.

Apparently you can because everytime i type the code only the hypertexted word shows.

I know what you are asking about now. it appears that feature has changed slightly. An Admin may be able to answer this better than I can, but when you go into the reply box and the menu appears above where you are typing, there are two rows. On the bottom row right under where it says SIZE there is a icon there that looks like a chain with a tiny green + sign on it. Click on that and it will open to allow to paste a link there. That box also used to allow us to link things using words and such like you are referring, but that option appears to be gone. I agree it does look nicer in the thread that way.

I'm having to log in every time I come onto the site. I clicked the button to stay logged on but it doesn't seem to be working. Help, anyone?

I'm having to log in every time I come onto the site. I clicked the button to stay logged on but it doesn't seem to be working. Help, anyone?

sounds like you don't have your computer set to save cookies.

I am having that problem also. Sometimes I am logged in when I come back. Sometimes I have to log in again.

Ok. I messed up. I clicked "view new content"....then under "by time period" I clicked "past 24 hours"....I can't get it un-clicked now and don't really want anything clicked in "by time period". I know this is really not very smart on my part, but what can I do about this?

wde

Fixed. :)

Is there a way to a hyperlink?. I prefer posting them instead of the whole link showing.

Yes, type a word or phrase. Highlight it and click the Link button in the editor (looks like a chain). Paste the URL. It does it automagically.

Archived