Memphis

msg6367

Well, if this program did something and knew about it, I will be All In to run them out of town. Tired of this crap.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the 7 on 7 crap again.

Supposedly, there will be an article revealing multiple violations including AU, AL, UGA, and maybe another SEC team.

Hearing the worst and most shocking will come from AU.

Usually, AL fans make this crap up, but I don't think they have to this time around. They're enjoying us being 0-2 right now too much to cause anymore rumors.

Not to link to other, lesser boards, but this thread had some good info in it.

http://mbd.scout.com...0&t=9335843&p=1

ETA: Well...not GOOD when you have to tear your eyes out reading through the rest of it. Click with caution.

I like the conspiracy theorist on there that said AU is leaking info to the NCAA (on ourselves) so we can fire Chizik without the buy out. That one made me laugh.....and shake my head at the same time.

Jess, you have links?

Just what I've been reading on rival boards So it's pretty much TIFWIW.

My sources from AU are keeping pretty hush hush. When the Memphis thing first hit the fan though, the majority of the guys felt good because we had already suspended Jovon.

Guess it's just wait and see..

Well, if this program did something and knew about it, I will be All In to run them out of town. Tired of this crap.

Tired of what? Last time I checked "this program" has been clean for close to 20 years now. This staff can't do a damn thing if the media wants to make its agenda to drag Auburn throught the mud. You would think this staff would be given the benefit of the doubt considering the 14 month colonoscopy the program just went through.

Jess, you have links?

My sources from AU are keeping pretty hush hush. When the Memphis thing first hit the fan though, the majority of the guys felt good because we had already suspended Jovon.

I've no insiders, but everything I've seen so far is other fans boards as well. I even found the original thread that said that AU was leaking the info to get rid of CGC, then my ears started to bleed a little.

Tired of what? Last time I checked "this program" has been clean for close to 20 years now. This staff can't do a damn thing if the media wants to make its agenda to drag Auburn throught the mud. You would think this staff would be given the benefit of the doubt considering the 14 month colonoscopy the program just went through.

Tired of the media war on Auburn.

Jess, you have links?

I've no insiders, but everything I've seen so far is other fans boards as well. I even found the original thread that said that AU was leaking the info to get rid of CGC, then my ears started to bleed a little.

Yeah, that's one of the first threads I read.

Like I said, none of the insiders are touching this. I don't know how telling that is..

Supposedly, there will be an article revealing multiple violations including AU, AL, UGA, and maybe another SEC team.

Usually, AL fans make this crap up, but I don't think they have to this time around. They're enjoying us being 0-2 right now too much to cause anymore rumors.

What type of violations could happen at the 7 on 7? We normally don't recruit the Memphis area too hard in football. I know we recruited Jovon and James Stone (UT) from Memphis and a couple from Olive Branch, MS (near Memphis).

The turds seem to have a lot bigger presence in that area than we do.

Trust me bro. I feel your pain but like I said there isn't a single thing Auburn can do about it. Its become pretty clear that the national media has become nothing more than a bunch of butthurt crybabies who are ever so pissed over all the egg on their face via Cam Newton. Maybe we need a PR firm?

Trust me bro. I feel your pain but like I said there isn't a single thing Auburn can do about it. Its become pretty clear that the national media has become nothing more than a bunch of butthurt crybabies who are ever so pissed over all the egg on their face via Cam Newton. Maybe we need a PR firm?

Or add a school of law on campus....lol It just ticks me (all of us) off that we are the target of their lies. Not saying this is or isn't anything, but it sounds very petty n it's face to begin with.

Ok, I have found the offending tweets that may have set off the storm.

@geoff_calkins:

It appears that ESPN, CBS, Yahoo have all been working the corruption-in-Memphis-high-schools story. Maybe the BBC and NPR, too. And FOX

quote:

@kyleveazey: @geoff_calkins So I hear, too. I'm glad our original stories could bring them to town.
:)

quote:

@kyleveazey:

@geoff_calkins The counselor I talked to Wednesday told me she has spoken with ESPN.

quote:

@geoff_calkins

It's going to be a tough week in Auburn, Alabama.

The first tweets were from very early in the day, around 7:30am EST. The Last one, about Auburn, comes at 4:40 EST. It looks bad, but on first blush that last tweet may not be related to the first few.

If there's one thing 2010 taught us, it's not to take anything as "fact" until explicitly proven. Nothing to see here until there is something to see here.

What type of violations could happen at the 7 on 7? We normally don't recruit the Memphis area too hard in football. I know we recruited Jovon and James Stone (UT) from Memphis and a couple from Olive Branch, MS (near Memphis).

I hate using this word because every time I do, I feel like Joe Schad, but supposedly, there were recruiting violations that included prospects from the 7 on 7 camps. Miss State, the turds, and us could be included in this since each program recruited roughly the same prospects.

With Emmert the head of the NCAA, doubt Saban will ever be touched. I'd love o be wrong.

Ok, I have found the offending tweets that may have set off the storm.

@geoff_calkins:

It appears that ESPN, CBS, Yahoo have all been working the corruption-in-Memphis-high-schools story. Maybe the BBC and NPR, too. And FOX

quote:

@kyleveazey: @geoff_calkins So I hear, too. I'm glad our original stories could bring them to town.
:)

quote:

@kyleveazey:

@geoff_calkins The counselor I talked to Wednesday told me she has spoken with ESPN.

quote:

@geoff_calkins

It's going to be a tough week in Auburn, Alabama.

The first tweets were from very early in the day, around 7:30am EST. The Last one, about Auburn, comes at 4:40 EST. It looks bad, but on first blush that last tweet may not be related to the first few.

Yeah, good work. That's what started the fire.

Archived