Bama Teabagger Given 2-Year Prison Term *MERGED*

Tiger1992

He better hope his cellmate isn't a corndog!

http://sportsillustr...o.ap/index.html

NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- An Alabama man pleaded guilty Tuesday to obscenity charges and faces a two-year prison sentence for rubbing his genitals on an unconscious LSU fan in a Bourbon Street restaurant after the BCS national title game in January.

Prosecutors reached a plea deal with Brian H. Downing of Smith Station, Ala., on the morning he was scheduled to be tried on charges that included sexual battery, which is punishable by up to 10 years in prison. Prosecutors agreed to drop the battery charge.

Downing is scheduled to be formally sentenced on Nov. 29, but Orleans Parish Criminal District Judge Karen Herman indicated she will sentence Downing to two years in prison and recommend his participation in a boot camp program run by prison officials. Downing will not be required to register as a sex offender.

A video that went viral on the Internet appeared to show someone in a University of Alabama jacket exposing his genitals and performing a simulated sex act on the unconscious man at the restaurant after the Crimson Tide beat LSU for the BCS football championship on Jan. 9.

The LSU fan has sued Downing, asking damages for "mental anguish, humiliation, embarrassment, anxiety and depression ... damage to reputation" and lost tuition payments "for having to withdraw from school."

Christopher Bowman, spokesman for District Attorney Leon Cannizzaro, said prosecutors consulted with the victim before agreeing on the plea deal. He described it as the "most just outcome and also the most certain outcome." He rejected the notion that Downing's actions were merely a drunken prank.

"When you put your genitals on someone's body, someone who is passed out, that's not a prank," he said. "I don't think people would be asking that question if the defendant had done it to a passed-out woman."

Michael Kennedy, one of Downing's attorneys, said his client decided to accept the deal in large part because he has a 1-year-old son and didn't want to have to register as a sex offender.

"Is it worth the risk of never seeing a Little League game? Of never being able to drop your child off at school? He decided no," Kennedy said.

Although Downing will be sentenced to two years, he may be eligible to serve less than half of that. Kennedy estimated his client will serve a minimum of nine months.

Downing didn't answer a reporter's questions after the brief hearing.

New Orleans police at first said they could only investigate the case if the fan filed a complaint, then sent out a wanted poster with screenshots from the video. Downing, a cousin of Russell County, Ala., Sheriff Heath Taylor, turned himself in.

Taylor said in January that after learning from other family members that Downing had been identified as the Alabama fan, he called Downing's father and told him to bring him to the sheriff's office in Phenix City, Ala. He said he then called New Orleans police to ask whether they wanted him to jail and extradite Downing or send him to New Orleans to surrender.

Read more: http://sportsillustr...l#ixzz28AO0jpsG

He'll be in the jug before bammer hero Updyke even faces trial. Had Updyke, say, poisoned the hedges at Athens he'd be doing time in Georgia already. The State of Alabama system of bamzo judges and lawyers will try to keep their man Harvey out of jail until he dies of natural causes. They'll probably succeed.

He'll be in the jug before bammer hero Updyke even faces trial. Had Updyke, say, poisoned the hedges at Athens he'd be doing time in Georgia already. The State of Alabama system of bamzo judges and lawyers will try to keep their man Harvey out of jail until he dies of natural causes. They'll probably succeed.

I agree!!!! They are doing everything they can to protect their hero of the decade. "Most" Bammers are happy about the demise of the Oaks at Toomers. They have pretty much shown their hand over the last 6-8 months. They can't keep it in forever.

One year per testicle. Pretty standard.

Standard? I guess you bammers should know the standard for something like that. :big:

Standard? I guess you bammers should know the standard for something like that. :big:

Why do you think they have a law school at UaT? It's not for our protection, but theirs. :dunno:

Brian Downing, the Alabama fan who sexually assaulted a passed out LSU fan following the BCS National Championship game, pleaded guilty to two counts of obscenity and could face two years in jail.

Prosecutors reached a deal Tuesday before the scheduled start of Downing's trial. Downing will be sentenced in 45 days.

Downing was one of several people caught on camera taunting the LSU fan, who was drunk and was left incapacitated with his head on the counter of a Krystal Restaurant on Bourbon Street. However, when Downing unzipped his pants, exposed himself and began rubbing himself against the LSU fan's neck in what would ultimately become a viral video, Downing found himself in trouble with the law.

Downing turned himself in on Jan. 19 after Heath Taylor, the sheriff of Russell County, Ala., recognized the then-unidentified assailant as his cousin.

Downing had pleaded not guilty in May to charges of sexual battery and obscenity.

The unnamed LSU fan also sued Downing for damages. In the suit, the LSU fan said he suffered "mental anguish, humiliation, embarrassment, anxiety and depression… damage to reputation" and lost tuition payments "for having to withdraw from school."

Downing was originally charged with sexual battery, which could have landed him 10 years in jail.

I like to refer to this case as "The D-Bag who did the T-Bag".

Seriously, how is this case being sentenced before 'ol Harvey's case even goes to trial???? The justice system in this country is laughable!

because updyke lawyers judges are waiting for the trees to be replaced in hope of a fair trial

I wonder what will happen to the Dbags who stood around and egged him on?

I've thought about that often. Right after it happened, UAT officials said any UAT students identified in the film would be disciplined, even possibly expelled. Don't know if that ever happened or not. I do understand a university is bound by federal law to protect a certain level of student confidentiality, but seems like something would have made the news regarding consequences. ...especially given, if I recall correctly, that the daughter of a Mobile newscaster one of the group cheering? (Maybe there was media follow up and I missed it?)

But most of all, for those who still want to downplay the whole thing, blame the unconscious victim, or say it's no worse that stunts they've pulled at frat parties, the DA's spokesman summed it up:

"When you put your genitals on someone's body, someone who is passed out, that's not a prank," he said. "I don't think people would be asking that question if the defendant had done it to a passed-out woman."

Is there a person in the world that would not call it sexual assault/ battery if the victim were a female?

Is there a person in the world that would not call it sexual assault/ battery if the victim were a female?
Is there a person in the world who would have filed charges if the defendant were a female and she rubbed her bewbs on somebody? I'm not defending the guy for teabagging, because he's an idiot for doing it. But I've been to NOLA about a million times. And if they want to be sticklers for exposed genitalia, then they need to be consistent. There's no way in hell this goes to court if the passed out guy was a Bama fan.

Is there a person in the world who would have filed charges if the defendant were a female and she rubbed her bewbs on somebody? I'm not defending the guy for teabagging, because he's an idiot for doing it. But I've been to NOLA about a million times. And if they want to be sticklers for exposed genitalia, then they need to be consistent. There's no way in hell this goes to court if the passed out guy was a Bama fan.

That's just silly. millions of straight dudes pay millions of dollars every year to have females rub their boobies on them. I doubt the market for male genitalia is quite that high, and its for a reason. To a straight male it is extremely offensive and derogatory and he has every right to file charges. Instead of having friends slap him on the back for a free lap dance he has every one on youtube laughing at him(not with him) for the free chin music.

You're right about if he was a bama fan though. I'm sure he would have loved the whole experience and left the man a tip. WDE

Not necessarily true.Most bammers are eunuchs,castrated at birth to prevent further propogation with other cousins.

That's just silly. millions of straight dudes pay millions of dollars every year to have females rub their boobies on them. I doubt the market for male genitalia is quite that high, and its for a reason. To a straight male it is extremely offensive and derogatory and he has every right to file charges. Instead of having friends slap him on the back for a free lap dance he has every one on youtube laughing at him(not with him) for the free chin music.

You're right about if he was a bama fan though. I'm sure he would have loved the whole experience and left the man a tip. WDE

You're crazy. If a woman, unsolicited by a passed out patron, walked by and rubbed her junk on the guy - it should be deemed just as offensive as this ordeal. But it wouldn't be considered a criminal act or prosecuted as such. The fact that OTHER guys might pay for a strip club session is immaterial.

Bottom line, if this was a passed out bama fan (or any other fan), and an LSU guy rubbed his junk on him, no way he goes to the slammer for 2 years. And the person who pressed charges is an ass. Now way what he did is worth 2 years of his life in prison, where he'll most likely be raped and beaten.

First off you said bewbs, you said nothing about a woman's junk. That would be more offensive. I say if anybody puts their junk on me then I have EVERY right to press charges. It looks like the legal system agrees with me. And what is your reasoning for thinking that an LSU fan wouldn't get jail time for tea bagging an unwilling male with the evidence all over youtube? I thought you were a pretty classy bammer until I read your posts in this thread, but now I see you're just as delusional as the rest. So sad, but so typical.

You realize you're defending a guy that thinks it's funny to rub his genitals on other men, right. A guy with a wife and kid that I'm sure are very proud of him and support him 100% in his tea bagging hobby. Don't do the crime if you don't want to do the time. And if you don't know that violating another person in that way is illegal, then you need to be removed from society until you do know. Good job legal system! and WDE!

First off you said bewbs, you said nothing about a woman's junk. That would be more offensive. I say if anybody puts their junk on me then I have EVERY right to press charges. It looks like the legal system agrees with me. And what is your reasoning for thinking that an LSU fan wouldn't get jail time for tea bagging an unwilling male with the evidence all over youtube? I thought you were a pretty classy bammer until I read your posts in this thread, but now I see you're just as delusional as the rest. So sad, but so typical.

My commentary has nothing to do with my Bama fandom. If I passed out drunk somewhere in public, like a dumbass, there's no way in hell I'd want someone to spend 2 years of their life in prison getting raped and beaten, all because of this prank. I don't care what team they were a fan of.

Archived