Who's Out There???

YaBoyMaxWeezy

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just wonder when winning will be important to our coaches and administration. Personally I think our admins are scared of hiring a coach like Saban. I hope eventually winning will be important to our admin and coaches. I'm so tired of the day care we run!

Depends on how bad you want to win football games. There is no doubt that the best coach to turn this program around the quickest would be to hire Bobby Petrino and keep Van Gorder as his DC. With BP out of work you might even get him at a fair price. If thats what you want you still have the small matter of CGC's seven and a half million dollar buyout after 2012. Thats almost 25% of the football programs yearly budget. Better save a few dollars for Jet fuel?

I'd swallow that 7.5 mil buyout, we gonna have to fire him sooner or later, might as well be sooner while Petrino has no current job.

How will i dig it?

Coach Seals?

Mr coach Seals?

Sir.?

Sir Mr Coach Seals Sir?

Mr awsome ?

I dunno i wate for AU to call.

I'd swallow that 7.5 mil buyout, we gonna have to fire him sooner or later, might as well be sooner while Petrino has no current job.

NWIH! I won't support that move at all!

I will. If they dropped chiz and his boys at the end of the year. I will send my paycheck to the alumni assoc.

That's just plain STUPID!! AU is a top notch program overall and one of the most winning programs in the SEC and the nation.

Lot's of coaches would like to come to AU.

You are insane - Auburn is not a big time SEC program. There has been too many negative things that has happened to Auburn in the past. Not all our fault. We have also fallen on our face many times when we did have the respect from the national press. Auburn has been turned down by a lot of quality coaches because of the BS from Lowder, and other board members. We are not big time. We had a big time year because of TT players and a remarkable QB in Cam.Auburn Pres needs to clean house and start over again with a new AD that has no ties, but is strong Nationally so he can get the best coach available.

:iamwithstupid: Dude, Meth Kills! You need a nap and a sandwich. AU is a very big program in the SEC and Nationally. :ucrazy:

I will. If they dropped chiz and his boys at the end of the year. I will send my paycheck to the alumni assoc.

Selling your soul to bring that ass hat would be suicide. Just ask the Falcons and Hogs.

Would any established coach actually want to risk it and come to a school like Auburn or would we have to risk it with another 5-19 coach. How'd bama get a coach like Saban when they were so bad?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

That's how

And because he wanted out of Miami. If he was doing well with the Dolphins he would have not left.

If people want a realistic answer to likely the best solution then it is not Petersen or Patterson. They have shown many times they are not leaving their schools.The best realistic scenario IMO is Charlie Strong. Overhaul the offensive staff but keep BVG and the defensive staff/ That would give us our best chance of making a change but keeping the core of our recruiting class together WHICH WOULD BE VITALLY IMPORTANT. Plus Strong knows how to coach and recruit in the SEC.

Folks.... Auburn is big time sec program.... Very attractive job.

Ya... but it has alot of negatives going for it atm when trying to lure someone in.

Tuberville has a losing season and is fired/resigns. Then Chizik has his first losing season in his time here and we fire him? Then combine that with the competition of the conference and the SEC west. Then you have to directly compete with what can be argued as the best program in the country 3 of the past 4 years right up the road. Then you also have to fight the states media and you're own administration.

Then you got things like house, cars, etc etc kids tuition (private/college) you are either paying for or about to pay for and the fanbase and administration won't even let me get though with a first class of my seniors. No thanks.... not in this economy. I'm sticking where I'm winning and have some security.

Like I said elsewhere, we would of run Spurrier off and called him washed up in his third season at South Carolina.

We are a attractive job but unfortunately we have alot of pitfalls whether people want to admit it or not that does not make us worth jumping ship elsewhere for.

Now if Chizik bombs next year... with groups that will consist of alot of juniors and experienced backups. Then I think we are getting safer to make the move.

sos had a long track record of success, chizik does not

Didn't matter, the masses were still saying when he went 7-5, 7-5, and then fell to 6-6 combined with his stint at the Redskins that he was done. College football is what have you done for me lately now, those 3 seasons would of had AU people grumbling and ready to make a move.

TCU coach has done a lot more with less for one

Boise State coach wont go anywhere he loves that place but he'd be nice to have

Bobby Bowden is probably lonely and bored...

Too much Bama in him..........................as well as too much Bowden.

My first choice would be Kirby Smart. He's a good, young coach who's got national championship experience. It would also send the Tahd faithful into apoplexy. If not Smart, then Charlie Strong would be next. If having experience coaching in the SEC is a strong suit, he has that with his years at UF. I would hate to think that Strong having a white wife would disqualify him for the job. I would hope the AU folks would be better than that.

Am I the only the one considering BVG for the HC? Kirby Smart seems to be a name that keeps popping up and for the record, I really like him too and think he'd be a great choice. Yet, another thought would be to promote him and completely revamp the offensive side of the ball. For whatever reason, this group just isn't getting it done. Gus is not a bad choice in my mind. Personally, I think the best bet keep BVG and Martinez on defense one way or the other. Kirby Smart would be an absolutely excellent hire. The way Auburn is right now though, they won't make that hire. I can't see Jacobs making that good of a choice.

Archived