Who's Out There???

YaBoyMaxWeezy

I just don't think any high profile coach would ever come to a place like AU. It's depressing going to the EA sports store in the airport and seeing no AU gear, most people haven't hear of us or know that we are from the state or AL, you watch SEC commercials and we get one pic, etc. all of you have noticed it and we are at rock bottom! If we want 8-5 next season, most of us would be ecstatic!

now that's funny :-\

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We could go after the West Virginia coach. He seems to be doing a great job, particularly with the offense.

West Virginia offense plus BVG defense = :bananadance::hellyeah:

Would any established coach actually want to risk it and come to a school like Auburn or would we have to risk it with another 5-19 coach. How'd bama get a coach like Saban when they were so bad?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

That's how

He actually took a $500k/year pay cut to leave us and go to 'Bama.They just landed him at the right time when he realized he couldn't compete at that level and gave up and went back to what he knew he could do better.

This is a good question. I truly believe we checked on Peterson the last go around and found out he had no interest. Gary Patterson was the same. We will have to find some "up and comer" IMO. No established coach, who is having any success, would leave their school to come to Auburn IMO. We are a special place, but not everybody see's it that way. Things need to change, but we did win a NC two years ago. What coach would want to step into a situation like that?

If he were needed Fisher would be nice. :dunno:

Fisher would be an awesome coach but I think he is probably an NFL "lifer". :(

I like Charlie strong. Has built a nice program at Louisville and is a solid recruiter. Gary Patterson would be far and away the best but he's not leaving tcu especially now they are in big 12

This is a good question. I truly believe we checked on Peterson the last go around and found out he had no interest. Gary Patterson was the same. We will have to find some "up and comer" IMO. No established coach, who is having any success, would leave their school to come to Auburn IMO. We are a special place, but not everybody see's it that way. Things need to change, but we did win a NC two years ago. What coach would want to step into a situation like that?

I don't believe Jacobs contacted any coach that didn't have some kind of former ties to Auburn.

This is not in any order.

Art Briles, Baylor head coach < turned a perennial loser into a winner

Charlie Strong, Louisville head coach < should be dominating the Big East but hasn't shown me anything.

Kyle Whittingham, Utah head coach< inherited a great situation but has been uneven with his career record. Should have dominated his conference but didn't.

Gary Patterson, TCU head coach< Has turned down every single big $ offer. Just like Peterson he is a legend on campus & makes great $ for a low risk firing situation.

Chris Petersen, Boise State head coach < See Paterson.

Gus Malzahn, Arkansas State head coach< Great coordinator but I am not sure as a head coach yet.

Bobby Patrino, former Arkansas headcoach <Fantastic HC, turned Louisville & Ark into national powers.

Kirby Smart, Alabama DC < aside from his Tuscaloser association I think this guy is a fantastic coach.

Jeff Fisher, NFL coach< NO freaking way this would ever happen

Jimmy Johnson, former Miami head coach < NO freaking way this would ever happen

Jon Gruden< NO freaking way this would ever happen

Best case scenario?? CGC starts getting the talent to match the effort and win 5 more games this year.

I just don't think any high profile coach would ever come to a place like AU. It's depressing going to the EA sports store in the airport and seeing no AU gear, most people haven't hear of us or know that we are from the state or AL, you watch SEC commercials and we get one pic, etc. all of you have noticed it and we are at rock bottom! If we want 8-5 next season, most of us would be ecstatic!

Nothing personal but this is a BS post. Auburn is a great place that can win and people out there know that. Sure there are difficulties but it can be done.

Ideally you want a coach with some experience in the SEC at least as an assistant for some start up recruiting knowledge. You would also like someone with some NFL experience because like it or not, that is important to a lot of the best recruits. And you want D1 experience somewhere with a proven record of improving a program. Its a reach because he has NO head coaching experience, but Joe Witt, Jr. deserves a look. I simply don't think there is anyone out there right now that is going to have all those criteria. Charlie Strong is the closest but has no NFL experience that I know of.

Lets be real though. What we need before we can hire a coach is an AD who is well respected and insists on his independence and has NO connections to Auburn. I don't know who the Stanford AD is, but they year after year have one of the best sports programs in the nation. I would hire him first. Worry about the coach second.

I think teams need to check with Peterson every couple years. Well, it's been a couple. Somebody is going to get him to move one of these years and everyone ese will be scratching their heads. one day, the time will be right.

Jon Gruden

Gary Patterson

Fitzgerald at Northwestern

Dan Mullen

Chip Kelly?

Honestly, I do not want Mullen, I mean, he has been at State a while now and they just now beat Auburn as sorry as we are. Patterson and Peterson would be great; either one of them.

You think John Chavis would be available? Has anyone ever hired him as a HC? I know with him and BVG the D would be awesome. Also, isn't he a great recruiter?

Nothing personal but this is a BS post. Auburn is a great place that can win and people out there know that. Sure there are difficulties but it can be done.

We are sec power with winning tradition, heisman winners and recent bcs national championship. Auburn is a big name.

Honestly, I do not want Mullen, I mean, he has been at State a while now and they just now beat Auburn as sorry as we are. Patterson and Peterson would be great; either one of them.

Mullen wouldnt be my first choice either but when you see a fella winning races in a souped up Vega it kind of makes you wonder what he could do in a Ferrari

You think John Chavis would be available? Has anyone ever hired him as a HC? I know with him and BVG the D would be awesome. Also, isn't he a great recruiter?

I'd hire Mark Stoops away from fsu before Chavis.

Archived