Who's Out There???

YaBoyMaxWeezy

You think John Chavis would be available? Has anyone ever hired him as a HC? I know with him and BVG the D would be awesome. Also, isn't he a great recruiter?

We need a guy with HC experience IMO. We have an OC with very little experience. It has been disastrous. We can't have a guy cutting his teeth as HC, in this league, IMO. I have seen a lot of great names mentioned. In reality, I don't think we could get a single one of them. It was time for Coach Tub to move on IMO. I am a HUGE Coach Tub fan, but the back stabbing he put up with was absurd. Other coaches know what happened. IF we make a change at the end of the year, we will be getting rid of a coach that won a NC two years ago.(we are an SEC doormat two years removed) Other coaches will see that a NC coach can be fired two years later. What established successful coach would want to step into a place where these things I mentioned could happen to you? As I said earlier, we will have to get some "up-and-comer" IMO and hope for the best.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For anyone to say the Auburn job isn't a big time job needs to take a urine test right away. However, look at the changing landscape of college football. The system is going to a de facto playoff. You only need to be in the top 4 in order to make that run. You can get there from the Big East, Pac 12, Big 12 etc. For that reason, why would someone make the move from Oregon, Boise St., Louisville, etc to compete year in and year out against Spurrier, Miles, Saban.. etc? The best option is for CGC to be the answer but if he isn't then if we want proven, the only answer is Petrino. You want to take a shot on someone, then you need a proven DC/OC.

You think John Chavis would be available? Has anyone ever hired him as a HC? I know with him and BVG the D would be awesome. Also, isn't he a great recruiter?

We need a guy with HC experience IMO. We have an OC with very little experience. It has been disastrous. We can't have a guy cutting his teeth as HC, in this league, IMO. I have seen a lot of great names mentioned. In reality, I don't think we could get a single one of them. It was time for Coach Tub to move on IMO. I am a HUGE Coach Tub fan, but the back stabbing he put up with was absurd. Other coaches know what happened. IF we make a change at the end of the year, we will be getting rid of a coach that won a NC two years ago.(we are an SEC doormat two years removed) Other coaches will see that a NC coach can be fired two years later. What established successful coach would want to step into a place where these things I mentioned could happen to you? As I said earlier, we will have to get some "up-and-comer" IMO and hope for the best.

We are one of the top programs nationally. I don't understand why some think a top notch coach wouldn't be licking his chops to be the next HC at Auburn.

You bring up a good point. If an established coach was hired, it seems that they would be looking for a chance to coach in the SEC as the main reason for taking the job.

Or it could be that AU who seems to have some fairly deep pockets could pay said coach more than his current school is, and that he would be able to recruit better from Auburn than his current location.

We are one of the top programs nationally. I don't understand why some think a top notch coach wouldn't be licking his chops to be the next HC at Auburn.

I think we are a great place also. I am not sure how old you are. I am old enough to have been around for the end of Shug's era. Name one established top notch coach we have hired in your life-time, or mine. It's not like we haven't gone after them. For some reason we have to find diamonds in the rough when it comes to our HC's. It can be done.

This is not in any order.

Art Briles, Baylor head coach----Maybe I'd say give him an interview

Charlie Strong, Louisville head coach---Yep

Kyle Whittingham, Utah head coach----Pass

Gary Patterson, TCU head coach---Maybe...as long as we keep BVG

Chris Petersen, Boise State head coach---Not leaving Boise

Gus Malzahn, Arkansas State head coach----Nope...love Gus but don't think he is SEC caliber HC

Bobby Patrino, former Arkansas headcoach-----Open to it but as long as JJ is AD it will NEVER happen!

Kirby Smart, Alabama DC-----Yep

Jeff Fisher, NFL coach----don't think he will leave the NFL...Rams look like a decent team. They beat the cards Thurs.

Jimmy Johnson, former Miami head coach------Nope...Jimmy too busy fishing and selling hair products! :)

You are insane - Auburn is not a big time SEC program. There has been too many negative things that has happened to Auburn in the past. Not all our fault. We have also fallen on our face many times when we did have the respect from the national press. Auburn has been turned down by a lot of quality coaches because of the BS from Lowder, and other board members. We are not big time. We had a big time year because of TT players and a remarkable QB in Cam...

Auburn Pres needs to clean house and start over again with a new AD that has no ties, but is strong Nationally so he can get the best coach available.

You are insane - Auburn is not a big time SEC program. There has been too many negative things that has happened to Auburn in the past. Not all our fault. We have also fallen on our face many times when we did have the respect from the national press. Auburn has been turned down by a lot of quality coaches because of the BS from Lowder, and other board members. We are not big time. We had a big time year because of TT players and a remarkable QB in Cam...

Auburn Pres needs to clean house and start over again with a new AD that has no ties, but is strong Nationally so he can get the best coach available.

Not to attack you personally but you need a urine test.

This program is a big time program. Over the past 30 years this program has established itself in the upper echelion of the SEC. It has been witnessed by SEC West titles, SEC Championship appearances and wins, Ohhh yeah undefeated seasons in 93, 04, and 10.

The problems of attracted a top tier candidate that is currently leading a huge program has nothing to do with us not being a big program. Look at LSU, Florida,Tenn, Georgia and even Alabama (most people agree they are also big time programs). The only one that has hired a "big time" HC would be Bama and that was after failures of Shula, Price and Dubose. Matter of fact they were turned down by many coaches until Saban fell into their laps. Les Miles had a decent record at Ok. St but no one else was beating his door down, Florida hired a DC, Georgia hired an OC, Tenn hired an Auburn reject...

how about we go get Jon Gruden he's a heck of a football coach he said before he would love to coaching in the sec he could probably out recruit Nicholas

Folks.... Auburn is big time sec program.... Very attractive job.

Ya... but it has alot of negatives going for it atm when trying to lure someone in.

Tuberville has a losing season and is fired/resigns. Then Chizik has his first losing season in his time here and we fire him? Then combine that with the competition of the conference and the SEC west. Then you have to directly compete with what can be argued as the best program in the country 3 of the past 4 years right up the road. Then you also have to fight the states media and you're own administration.

Then you got things like house, cars, etc etc kids tuition (private/college) you are either paying for or about to pay for and the fanbase and administration won't even let me get though with a first class of my seniors. No thanks.... not in this economy. I'm sticking where I'm winning and have some security.

Like I said elsewhere, we would of run Spurrier off and called him washed up in his third season at South Carolina.

We are a attractive job but unfortunately we have alot of pitfalls whether people want to admit it or not that does not make us worth jumping ship elsewhere for.

Now if Chizik bombs next year... with groups that will consist of alot of juniors and experienced backups. Then I think we are getting safer to make the move.

Peyton Manning might want a job after this year, and he has called his own offense for years...

I doubt we could get the Kansas State coach away from what he has been building for years..

how about we go get Jon Gruden he's a heck of a football coach he said before he would love to coaching in the sec he could probably out recruit Nicholas

He has ZERO interest in coaching. He is loving announcing and I think he has had his fill of coaching. Some NFL teams tried to get him in for an interview but he simply said he was not interested in coaching.

Would any established coach actually want to risk it and come to a school like Auburn or would we have to risk it with another 5-19 coach. How'd bama get a coach like Saban when they were so bad?

not with cpd still behind the curtain...

Peyton Manning might want a job after this year, and he has called his own offense for years...

I doubt we could get the Kansas State coach away from what he has been building for years..

not to mention bill Snyder is 90 years old...

Folks.... Auburn is big time sec program.... Very attractive job.

Ya... but it has alot of negatives going for it atm when trying to lure someone in.

Tuberville has a losing season and is fired/resigns. Then Chizik has his first losing season in his time here and we fire him? Then combine that with the competition of the conference and the SEC west. Then you have to directly compete with what can be argued as the best program in the country 3 of the past 4 years right up the road. Then you also have to fight the states media and you're own administration.

Then you got things like house, cars, etc etc kids tuition (private/college) you are either paying for or about to pay for and the fanbase and administration won't even let me get though with a first class of my seniors. No thanks.... not in this economy. I'm sticking where I'm winning and have some security.

Like I said elsewhere, we would of run Spurrier off and called him washed up in his third season at South Carolina.

We are a attractive job but unfortunately we have alot of pitfalls whether people want to admit it or not that does not make us worth jumping ship elsewhere for.

Now if Chizik bombs next year... with groups that will consist of alot of juniors and experienced backups. Then I think we are getting safer to make the move.

sos had a long track record of success, chizik does not

He has ZERO interest in coaching. He is loving announcing and I think he has had his fill of coaching. Some NFL teams tried to get him in for an interview but he simply said he was not interested in coaching.

He's also not qualified to be a college head coach. He has little to no recruiting experience for starters.

how about we get Nick Sabin Alabama fans with com

mit suicide I mean after all he is the best coach in the country

All we'd have to do is offer him more money, he doesn't care about Alabama it's all money for him.

Then all of his players would transfer to Auburn or he'd kill them.

He's also not qualified to be a college head coach. He has little to no recruiting experience for starters.

Yup +1

Archived