Question about Jerrell Powe

Dlewis23

I saw that he was interested ,but then I saw this picture and was wondering if that was an Auburn Jersey he has on. If not it sure does resemble :au: 's. :thumbsup:

http://www.rivals.com/storeitemA.asp?SID=1014&StoreID=956

That's from our football camp. Hes going to announce at the Army all-star game in the winter.

118023[/snapback]

Actually, I think that is his high school uniform. Their team name is the War Eagle's. Same school Steve Gandy came from last year.

Powe's school is nicknamed the War Eagles - their uniforms are identical to ours - that is why it looks like he is in an Auburn uniform.

Powe hasn't pulled the trigger yet - but I bet my administrator-ship that he commits to Auburn.

:D This kid is made of the "right stuff" and has what it takes to become a Tiger!

He has been to several AU games this year and was even here a lot in the summer with his former teammates, Gandy and McLaughlin. I think those ties and the fact that we have been recruiting him since last year puts us in pretty good shape to get him. He will be a force to handle for any OL once he gets some experience under his belt!!!

Powe's school is nicknamed the War Eagles - their uniforms are identical to ours - that is why it looks like he is in an Auburn uniform.

118057[/snapback]

Ahhhhhh. I had no idea. I thought that was a picture from our summer camp. Good to know.

He's getting some tutoring right now and will take the test again in December. So hopefully, he will qualify.

i checked out a link on this page that concerned the mississippi most wanted athletes and one thing i couldn't help but notice is that almost all of them had acedemic issues that would affect their recruitment......i don't remember exactly what the number was, but it seemed that all but a couple had grade problems....why?....is the school system that bad?

i checked out a link on this page that concerned the mississippi most wanted athletes and one thing i couldn't help but notice is that almost all of them had acedemic issues that would affect their recruitment......i don't remember exactly what the number was, but it seemed that all but a couple had grade problems....why?....is the school system that bad?

118274[/snapback]

As a graduate of a public high school in MS, i would have to say that the system in the state is not that great. The teachers pay is one of the lowest of all states. The state even has a program in all colleges in the state that if you want to be a teacher, they will pay for your entire college as long as you work in the public school system in the Delta. This is has to be one of the worst places to be a teacher in america. I have a friend that is did that, and she said as soon as the time is up she is getting out of there. Sure you have some really good school systems, but overall is not very good. It depends on how nice or populated the city you live in is as to how nice and good the school system is. The high school I attended was above average and probably is even better now.

Archived