Media Page...

WAR EAGLE!!!

I don't know about any new material, but here is the old page as current as Tennessee. I saved it when I first saw it. Maybe it will help.

WDE!! :au::big:

That was not nice....I had to delink the Media Page Guys. It was running something like $1800-$2000 per month in bandwidth at one point. We are in negotiations with several folks about sponsoring the Media Page.

Maybe the Lord will smile on us again and one will come through....

The media page costs a fortune to run and this is a free site...

We pumped 450GB in 1 week from this site the first week of October.

Not a misprint - GigaBytes....Anyone got a hard drive that big??

Just to be clear, appreciate what you have when you can get it. And, live the creed.

:au::au::au::au::au::au::au::au::au:

I think if it could be somehow limited the bandwidth would decrease dramatically.

First of all, could it be set up so that the videos are only available for download and not be able to stream? I've got them all on my harddrive, but I bet a lot of people just click and stream it every time they want to watch it. Hopefully forcing them to download it and put it on their harddrive would reduce bandwidth. Stress this importance as well.

Second... limited access. A)What if only members could see the page, and not guests? I'm not knocking on any of the guests that view the site, because I was one for quite a while, but I think its a feasable option. B)Members can only download the same file around 3x...again, would hopefully force people do put the files on their personal drives.

Third... What if it was only up like once a week? That would reduce total BW, but it would be higher on those up days.

Heres an idea........

all the students have free webspace......we could post the videos on our own webspace and you guys could just have a page of links to those sites.

I already have the LSU video on my web page....

http://www.auburn.edu/~prestww/lsu_au_small.wmv

I think if it could be somehow limited the bandwidth would decrease dramatically. 

First of all, could it be set up so that the videos are only available for download and not be able to stream?  I've got them all on my harddrive, but I bet a lot of people just click and stream it every time they want to watch it.  Hopefully forcing them to download it and put it on their harddrive would reduce bandwidth.  Stress this importance as well.

Second... limited access.  A)What if only members could see the page, and not guests?  I'm not knocking on any of the guests that view the site, because I was one for quite a while, but I think its a feasable option. B)Members can only download the same file around 3x...again, would hopefully force people do put the files on their personal drives.

Third... What if it was only up like once a week?  That would reduce total BW, but it would be higher on those up days.

118162[/snapback]

Actually, most people with an Internet account have free webspace. Just check with your ISP to see if there are any bandwidth limits, and if not individuals could host them as well. The only problem would be the massive amount of different links and dead links we've have when people graduated and/or changed ISPs.

I say "we" as if I have anything to do with running this site! :D

Heres an idea........

all the students have free webspace......we could post the videos on our own webspace and you guys could just have a page of links to those sites.

118245[/snapback]

YOU DA MAN!!!!!!!! :cheer:

Has the people that made this years UT and LSU vidoes made any for more of the big games this year? Those are abslutely incredible...

I have the LSU saved to my hard drive now...thanks WaDE'95 and would love the UT game.

I feel a UGA highlight video coming in a couple of weeks!!!

Heres an idea........

118245[/snapback]

hey, I AM ON IT!

GIVE ME LIKE A COUPLE OF DAYS! :)

Archived