Telling stats

kickemintheB3

I was looking over the team statistics from the AU Football page:

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2012-2013/teamcume.html

and something jumped out at me, (apart from the rest of the horrible numbers), we have a turn over ratio of 19-5. We have turned the ball over NINETEEN times in the first SIX games! 11 interceptions and 8 lost fumbles! I don't care who you have on your team, who your coach is, how much talent you have, you WILL LOSE YOUR GAMES with these kind of turnover numbers! I knew it was bad, but seeing it in black and white is awful.

Other numbers from this page, we have been outscored 62-3 in the fourth quarter alone!

We are 4-14 (29%) on touchdowns in the red zone.

blah, blah, blah...

If you can stomach it, take some time and look over this page. There's no emotions involved, no passion, just numbers...cold, unfeeling numbers.

WDE

I was looking over the team statistics from the AU Football page:

http://www.auburntig...3/teamcume.html

and something jumped out at me, (apart from the rest of the horrible numbers), we have a turn over ratio of 19-5. We have turned the ball over NINETEEN times in the first SIX games! 11 interceptions and 8 lost fumbles! I don't care who you have on your team, who your coach is, how much talent you have, you WILL LOSE YOUR GAMES with these kind of turnover numbers! I knew it was bad, but seeing it in black and white is awful.

Other numbers from this page, we have been outscored 62-3 in the fourth quarter alone!

We are 4-14 (29%) on touchdowns in the red zone.

blah, blah, blah...

If you can stomach it, take some time and look over this page. There's no emotions involved, no passion, just numbers...cold, unfeeling numbers.

WDE

Here are some more stats for you.

"Auburn Year to Date statistical rankings (21 categories SEC and National)"

http://www.aufamily....c-and-national/

I got a great idea. How about someone start a thread on our horrible numbers. I have yet to see 10.

On the other hand - it should not take a college coach to teach a kid how to hang onto the ball. I learned the 3 points of contact and to hold the ball with the outside arm at a pretty young age. Was it GreenBays fault Ahman Greene could not hold onto the ball? Fumbles are inexcusable at this level no matter the coach. I place that on the heals of the player. Mason switched arms with the ball this past week on a run and i was THRILLED to see him do that. Its the little things and Mason apparently recieved the message! Now to get Blakely on board!

I got a great idea. How about someone start a thread on our horrible numbers. I have yet to see 10.

On the other hand - it should not take a college coach to teach a kid how to hang onto the ball. I learned the 3 points of contact and to hold the ball with the outside arm at a pretty young age. Was it GreenBays fault Ahman Greene could not hold onto the ball? Fumbles are inexcusable at this level no matter the coach. I place that on the heals of the player. Mason switched arms with the ball this past week on a run and i was THRILLED to see him do that. Its the little things and Mason apparently recieved the message! Now to get Blakely on board!

And who is it that will get Blakely on board if not the coaches?

AU-24 - Let me requote - "it should not take a college coach to teach a kid how to hang onto the ball. I learned the 3 points of contact and to hold the ball with the outside arm at a pretty young age. .... I place that on the heals of the player." I beleive it is on Blakely to correct this by using his head during a run. If I were to walk up to him and tell him to hold the ball with his outside arm and have 3 pts of contact, I would probably get the "yeah, no $h#t" look. If he wants to be a better back then he knows this already. I think he and Fanning had the same problem of thinking endzone before security. Just my $0.02

AU-24 - Let me requote - "it should not take a college coach to teach a kid how to hang onto the ball. I learned the 3 points of contact and to hold the ball with the outside arm at a pretty young age. .... I place that on the heals of the player." I beleive it is on Blakely to correct this by using his head during a run. If I were to walk up to him and tell him to hold the ball with his outside arm and have 3 pts of contact, I would probably get the "yeah, no $h#t" look. If he wants to be a better back then he knows this already. I think he and Fanning had the same problem of thinking endzone before security. Just my $0.02

You are wrong. It is the coach's job to teach them to tie their shoes, what a 3 point and 4 point stance is, how to put shoulder pads on, which direction we should be facing, where lineman should be lined up, don't forget that the coach has to teach them that on defense you have to wait for the ball to move, oh I almost forgot, if they don't teach them to listen to the snap count they might not know what to do.

When coaches and players use the word "execute" they mean exactly what they say. I have yet to see a player say well the coaches need to teach us how to stay in our stance.

Let me dumb it down for some people next time the big word "execute" is used.

(coach says execute) We practice holding on to the ball every single practice, the running backs have been practicing this technique since they were at least 8 years old. They just failed to do what they have practiced to do.

(player says execute) I have been taught how to carry a ball since I was 5 when my uncle taught me. I carry a ball tucked in for almost a whole practice. We run drills everyday to get me ready for people trying to knock the ball out. I failed to do what I have been trained and conditioned to do my whole life.

People act like Chiz and company sit down at the 50 yard line, indian style, holding hands, and talk about how nice it would be to win. They go inside only when they need meditation and reflection time.

Archived