2014 Recruiting Board (Updated 2/14/14)

WarEagleAU

I can't seem to find a word on Leonard Fournette anywhere. What does it look like for this guy? He is an impressive runner; he runs away from people in the open field like a certain Vincent Edward Jackson. granted Bo did it against NFL talent and this kid is doing it against teenagers, but it still reminds me of him (perhaps I'm just getting old and nostalgic. Thanks in advance, and my apologies for posting here.

We are not recruiting him. It's either Roc, Akeem Judd or no more RBs in this class for Auburn as things stand now.

So are we no longer recruiting Chubb??

And Chubb. Forgot him but we are a distant 3rd now.

Since Judd is committing tomorrow at noon (likely Ole Miss) and he hasn't even been to Auburn yet, I think we have a lot of ground to make up. Maybe Barber can help him see the light in flipping from Ole Miss to Auburn.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that our only RB targets are Roc and Chubb (in that order IMO) but if we were to get a commitment from either, I expect we would be done. If we were to miss on both, I think we would also be done. RB at this point in the game is a luxury target since we have Pettway rather than a need; as safety, DE, DT, or maybe QB is at this moment. But that is just my opinion.

I think that our only RB targets are Roc and Chubb (in that order IMO) but if we were to get a commitment from either, I expect we would be done. If we were to miss on both, I think we would also be done. RB at this point in the game is a luxury target since we have Pettway rather than a need; as safety, DE, DT, or maybe QB is at this moment. But that is just my opinion.

The Force is strong with you. That opinion is pretty much reality at the moment.

Updated (6/9/13):

New feature: Profiles from 247Sports, Rivals, Scout, ESPN & Hudl Highlights added for AU commits only.

OL Terronne Prescod is the new top target (commitable offer at moment).

Removed:

RB Akeem Judd (committed to Ole Miss)

DE Tyler Merriweather (committed to Georgia Tech)

LB Juwon Young (committed to Miami)

QB Jacob Park (down to Virginia Tech and Georgia)

RB Leonard Fournette (down to Alabama and LSU)

OL Cameron Robinson (down to Alabama and LSU)

CB Jalen Tabor (down to Alabama, Florida and Florida State)

S Laurence Jones (down to LSU and Alabama)

Other than getting Kamryn Pettway, it looks like the other stud RB's are getting out of our reach. Dang.

I sure hope Roc Thomas and Adam Choice or Leonard Fournette will commit to us. I'm really glad we have Kamryn Pettway. Now we have to keep building up our running game.

Everyone loves a winner and unfortunately we have a little ground to make up. Hopefully fall will take of itself and this staff of top-recruiters will know who to talk with after a few wins.

I think a4e meant 1 of the 3. With Barber our only underclassman and Mason possibly going in next years draft that will be leaving the back position pretty thin. I think with or without Thomas we end up with another back joining Pettway in the next class. Looking for great years from Grant and Payne by the way. I could see this staff finding a gem in the rough later in the season or flipping someone if Thomas lands elsewhere.

I think a4e meant 1 of the 3. With Barber our only underclassman and Mason possibly going in next years draft that will be leaving the back position pretty thin. I think with or without Thomas we end up with another back joining Pettway in the next class. Looking for great years from Grant and Payne by the way. I could see this staff finding a gem in the rough later in the season or flipping someone if Thomas lands elsewhere.

I read the or as an and. If we lose Tre or Cap to the pros then the coaches may take 3 but right now the plan is 2 if we get Roc or 1 if we don't.

Don't forget about Ford, him and Barber were 2 really good pickups at RB last year.

Updated (6/14/13):

ATH Brandon Powell move up from pipeline state prospect to top target. AU is the leader.

Removed:

QB David Cornwell (Bama commit)

QB Cole Garvin (Marshall commit)

QB Quinton Flowers (USF commit)

RB Nick Chubb (UGA commit)

WR Charles Standberry (Ole Miss commit)

DE Denzel Ware (Kentucky commit)

DE Da'Shawn Hand (Down to Michigan, Alabama & Florida)

Added:

RB C.J. Leggett

WR Rodney Stafford

WR DeMarcus Bingham

WR Landy Capetillo

DT Josh Frazier (top target)

DE Spencer Williams

DE Raashed Kennion

LB Shaun Hamilton

OLB/S Darrion Owens

Leaders:

QB Brandon Harris - Ohio State added (battle)

QB Kendrick Doss - Tennessee added & Ole Miss removed

OG Jordan Sims - Auburn and Ole Miss added (battle)

DT Elisha Shaw - Alabama and Georgia added (battle)

DE Lorenzo Carter - Georgia added (battle)

LB Raekwon McMillan - Alabama added (battle)

CB D.J. Smith - South Carolina added (battle)

Cb Wesley Green - South Carolina added (battle)

CB John Bonney - Baylor added (battle)

S Gerri Green - Ole Miss added (battle)

S Demetrius Kemp - Auburn added (battle)

I would add Ole Miss to the Jordan Sims battle. I am pretty sure he does not have a commitable offer from Auburn or Bama right now.

I would add Ole Miss to the Jordan Sims battle. I am pretty sure he does not have a commitable offer from Auburn or Bama right now.

Fixed. Thanks.

Updated (6/16/13):

Removed:

ATH Brandon Powell (Tennessee commit)

TE John Thomas (Texas commit)

S Allen Artis (UNC commit)

QB Devlin Hodges (Southern Miss commit)

Added:

CB Lamont Simmons

Are we out of the picture for Adam Choice and Leonard Fournette? Also, Has anyone heard when Roc will make his commitment and who is he leaning towards?

Are we out of the picture for Adam Choice and Leonard Fournette? Also, Has anyone heard when Roc will make his commitment and who is he leaning towards?

Fournette is longshot. Adam Choice is on the pipeline state list but longshot, too. Hard to get Roc's details.

I know E will agree with me here but much like Peyton Barber in 2013, we are getting a very underrated RB in Pettway. I know the staff is very happy with him.

I know E will agree with me here but much like Peyton Barber in 2013, we are getting a very underrated RB in Pettway. I know the staff is very happy with him.

I know a lot of services only have Pettway as a 3* but ESPN has him in the ESPN300 and just outside the top 150. I know that ESPN is biased about some things but I think they hit the nail on the head with this one bc the kid can tote the mail. They also had Barber as a low 4* last year for what it's worth so lets hope their RB evals are more accurate than others.

Updated (6/18/13):

- denotes Auburn is done recruiting

QB Kendrick Doss move down to in-state prospects. Not a top target at moment.

RB Adam Choice is still on their top target.

OG Jordan Sims added on commitable offer.

OL Kendall Baker removed from commitable offer.

CB Wesley Green removed from commitable offer.

CB Stephen Roberts added on commitable offer (old news).

LB Shaun Hamilton added on commitable offer (old news).

Added:

QB Will Grier

Removed:

TE Jacob Kraut

TE Roverters Barron

TE Jerry Gibson

OL Cole Hardin (Vandy commit)

LB Gavin Bryant (Tennessee commit)

Leaders:

OT Terronne Prescod - NC State added. (battle)

DT Adu Lamin - Florida added. South Carolina and Arkansas removed.

DT Josh Frazier - Alabama added. (battle)

Archived