2014 Recruiting Board (Updated 2/14/14)

WarEagleAU

Hey, WarEagleAU!! Just saw somewhere that you are updating position needs tomorrow. For what it's worth, and this comes from a very reliable source, the Staff is projecting a signing class of 26-27, with at least 5 EEs, many being juco. Possibility of 3 RBs and 3 TEs. This makes some sense because juco TE Brown is flying up the board to go with our two committed, and juco RB Judd will join Pettway and Thomas. This source, who is NOT in day-to-day recriuiting, but is way up the food chain,has been right 100% in the past. Otherwise, I wouldn't post it at this time. BTW, you're doing a great job with this thread. Many thanks!!

Both Hoke and Bryan are saying 2 RBs and 2 TEs. It will be interesting to see how all this plays out.

pm'd you. Yes they are, but as we all know, things can change depending on need and certain players(recruits) stepping up!!

And attrition.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, WarEagleAU!! Just saw somewhere that you are updating position needs tomorrow. For what it's worth, and this comes from a very reliable source, the Staff is projecting a signing class of 26-27, with at least 5 EEs, many being juco. Possibility of 3 RBs and 3 TEs. This makes some sense because juco TE Brown is flying up the board to go with our two committed, and juco RB Judd will join Pettway and Thomas. This source, who is NOT in day-to-day recriuiting, but is way up the food chain,has been right 100% in the past. Otherwise, I wouldn't post it at this time. BTW, you're doing a great job with this thread. Many thanks!!

Forgot to ask. Who is the TE Brown? The juco I know we offered is Thomas.

Updated (5/25/13):

New features: In-state prospects and pipeline state prospects added.

TE Jakell Mitchell commits to Auburn.

CB Nick Ruffin commits to Auburn.

Kendrick Baker back on OL list.

Josiah Coatney move from DT to DE.

Top Targets added:

QB Kendrick Doss

RB Akeem Judd

WR Shaq Davidson

OL Charles Mosley (added)

OL Isaiah Wynn

OL Jordan Sims

DE Andrew Williams

CB Tony Brown

CB Wesley Green

CB D.J. Smith (added)

S Gerri Green

Added:

TE John Thomas

CB Stephen Roberts

QB/ATH E.J. Moss

QB Devlin Hodges

WR Jamarcus King

WR Brian Clark

WR Kameron Maye

WR Artavis Scott

WR Johnnie Dixon

WR Ryeshene Bronson

DE Tyler Jones

LB Richard Yeargin III

LB Gavin Bryant

LB T.J. Posey

CB Al Harris

Removed:

WR Speedy Noil

WR Cameron Sims

OL/TE Koda Martin

OL Andrew Marshall

DL Michael Sawyers

DL Breeland Speaks

DL Chris Matthews

ATH Jabrill Peppers

Leaders changed:

WR Shaq Davidson added Auburn

CB Cortez McDowell added Auburn

Position needs:

RB down from 3 to 2.

Someone asked, "what is the pipeline state prospects?" That's good question.

The pipeline state means any state which produces a lot of five-star and four-star prospects. Florida, Texas, and California are the common states for recruiting areas.

Florida and Georgia has been known to be an Auburn pipeline states for many years.

Some of you could say Arkansas, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas and Tennessee but that came from the coaches' pipeline state on their recruiting area such as Rhett Lashlee (Arkansas) or Melvin Smith (Mississippi). I'm using the pipeline state prospects from Georgia and Florida only.

The pipeline state means any state which produces a lot of five-star and four-star prospects. Florida, Texas, and California are the common states for recruiting areas.

Actually a pipeline state is a state in which a school signs a good number of recruits. The number of stars does not matter in the definition. I agree with your Auburn pipeline states though.

Actually a pipeline state is a state in which a school signs a good number of recruits. The number of stars does not matter in the definition. I agree with your Auburn pipeline states though.

Thank you for your clarification.

Thank you for your clarification.

Anytime my friend.

So what happened to our kicker that took a Grey Shirt? Is he still with us?

No word as of now.

No word as of now.

So are we now recruiting a kicker or hoping for a walk on?

No word as of now.

So are we now recruiting a kicker or hoping for a walk on?

Same answer. We Will not know anything about the second question til the first question has been answered.

Ellitor, or anyone in the know... Ermon Lane? we've offered and CDC is recruiting. thoughts?

TIA and WDE.

Ellitor, or anyone in the know... Ermon Lane? we've offered and CDC is recruiting. thoughts?

TIA and WDE.

Big Bama lean at the moment.

TIA and WDE.

Big Bama lean at the moment.

that's what i was led to believe, sadly. thanks for the quick response.

I know it's early, and we've a lot to prove on the field this year, but I do not get any "warm, fuzzy" feelings reading the original post. The thing that stands out most to me on that list is all of the "Bammer leads, UGA leads, USCe leads, Arkansas leads, LSU leads, etc.". I realize we went 3-9 last year, but I just hate to see us slipping any further down the SEC West ladder. I have faith that Gus will lead us back to the top, but he's going to need elite talent to survive in the SEC West. In this day and age, a handful of misses on top players (especially to your fiercest rivals) can set you back a couple of seasons.

The saving grace I have to this is that our staff is living up to their reputations as top recruiters, and I feel that they will bring elite talent to the Plains. Go get 'em, Coaches!!!

War Eagle!

I know it's early, and we've a lot to prove on the field this year, but I do not get any "warm, fuzzy" feelings reading the original post. The thing that stands out most to me on that list is all of the "Bammer leads, UGA leads, USCe leads, Arkansas leads, LSU leads, etc.". I realize we went 3-9 last year, but I just hate to see us slipping any further down the SEC West ladder. I have faith that Gus will lead us back to the top, but he's going to need elite talent to survive in the SEC West. In this day and age, a handful of misses on top players (especially to your fiercest rivals) can set you back a couple of seasons.

The saving grace I have to this is that our staff is living up to their reputations as top recruiters, and I feel that they will bring elite talent to the Plains. Go get 'em, Coaches!!!

War Eagle!

I understand your concern but look at the team class rankings. We are 9th, 10th, 12, and 20 (looks like ESPN has not updated their rankings since BCW.) We will be fine and a 7-5 or better season will only further help things along.

War Eagle!

I understand your concern but look at the team class rankings. We are 9th, 10th, 12, and 20 (looks like ESPN has not updated their rankings since BCW.) We will be fine and a 7-5 or better season will only further help things along.

A 9-3 year or better might make things unfair. Lol.

Ellitor, i hate to do this, but given my status as a newbie on the board, i can't post my own topics yet... any word on reporting freshmen? did everyone "get in?"

feel free to delete this once you see it. needed to ask because i didn't see it anywhere else on the board, and i wanted to see everybody get in. TIA.

Ellitor, i hate to do this, but given my status as a newbie on the board, i can't post my own topics yet... any word on reporting freshmen? did everyone "get in?"

feel free to delete this once you see it. needed to ask because i didn't see it anywhere else on the board, and i wanted to see everybody get in. TIA.

No. Everyone is not in. Graduation at a number of schools was after the summer term started. I will create and PIN a thread on current enrollies from this class.

No. Everyone is not in. Graduation at a number of schools was after the summer term started. I will create and PIN a thread on current enrollies from this class.

boom. thank you, sir.

Updated (5/30/13):

© added - for AU top target with possibility commitable offer

Top Targets added:

WR Trey Quinn

WR Josh Malone

DE Josiah Coatney

LB Raekwon McMillan (added)

CB Nick Watkins (added)

CB Jalen Tabor

CB Al Harris

CB DJ Smith

CB John Bonney

S Demetrius Kemp

S Tavon Ross

Added:

RB Adam Choice

RB Tony James

ATH Brandon Powell

RB Ito Smith

WR Charles Standberry

WR Adly Enoicy

WR Kendrick Edwards

DT Devaroe Lawrence

DT Taylor Stallworth

CB Antreal Allen

S Christian Campbell

S Quade Alexander

Removed:

WR Jalen Johnson (committed to Georgia Tech)

LB Korie Rogers (committed to Clemson)

WR Jesse Jackson

I like to see Raekwon McMillan there. I figured he wouldn't think twice about AU. Hope something has changed. He is a heck if a ball player and we could certainly use his talents for years to come.

I like to see Raekwon McMillan there. I figured he wouldn't think twice about AU. Hope something has changed. He is a heck if a ball player and we could certainly use his talents for years to come.

Me too. I think we are done with LB if Evans commits to AU.

Me too. I think we are done with LB if Evans commits to AU.

this is true... but, we would not turn down McMillan if he were to want to come to AU...

no matter how many LB's we have committed.

Archived