2014 Recruiting Board (Updated 2/14/14)

WarEagleAU

Y'all please remember that AVERAGE attrition from one year to the next is almost always seven to nine dropouts. We had 12 this year, but that's expected in years of a coaching change.

You are counting since before Gus took over. Since he took the job we have had 5 or 6 to this point according to an al.com article written the other day.

As I do every year, and have done for the past 25 or so years, I count from August 1st to August 1st. Attrition from one year to the next is, after all, the significant number. Seven to nine with no coaching change and 10 to 14 with a coaching change is extremely predictable, no matter who the coaches involved are.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Y'all please remember that AVERAGE attrition from one year to the next is almost always seven to nine dropouts. We had 12 this year, but that's expected in years of a coaching change.

You are counting since before Gus took over. Since he took the job we have had 5 or 6 to this point according to an al.com article written the other day.

As I do every year, and have done for the past 25 or so years, I count from August 1st to August 1st. Attrition from one year to the next is, after all, the significant number. Seven to nine with no coaching change and 10 to 14 with a coaching change is extremely predictable, no matter who the coaches involved are.

Mikey putting the knowledge on us. Thanks

Updated (7/25/13):

Profiles added:

LB Gavin Bryant

CB Quincy Wilson

CB Lamont Simmons.

Added:

CB J.C. Jackson

CB Matthew Boateng

DT Braxton Hoyett

OL Cole Hardin

DE Lorenzo Featherston

DE Tyler Merriweather

DE Jon Michael Edwards

Removed:

LB Delvin Purifoy

Removed from profiles:

OL/DL Charles Mosley

DT Arthur Williams

WR Malachi Dupre

WR Josh Malone

CB Tony Brown

CB Nick Watkins

CB Josh Keys

• 2 weeks later...

Updated (8/5/13):

RB Racean Thomas committed to Auburn

DT Abu Lamin committed to South Carolina (removed)

LB Richard Yeargin committed to Notre Dame (removed)

S Demetrius Kemp committed to Southern Miss (move to in-state prospect)

Added:

TE Darrion Hutcherson

OG Jake Edwards

Profiles added:

RB Darrel Williams

TE Jacory Washington

In looking at the boards lately, there is conversation about Clark, A Williams, and Evans, some about Blair, and a little about Lambert(UF bound). (I'm talking about uncommitted only.) That's awfully shallow at this time of year. We have no OLs and aren't even leading for any. We need at least two. We are in same situation with DL, where we need at least three, have one commit, and leading for none. I am hearing no chatter on anyone else and the DL really concerns me. We have a minimum of 9-11 more slots, so I hope the logjam breaks soon.

In looking at the boards lately, there is conversation about Clark, A Williams, and Evans, some about Blair, and a little about Lambert(UF bound). (I'm talking about uncommitted only.) That's awfully shallow at this time of year. We have no OLs and aren't even leading for any. We need at least two. We are in same situation with DL, where we need at least three, have one commit, and leading for none. I am hearing no chatter on anyone else and the DL really concerns me. We have a minimum of 9-11 more slots, so I hope the logjam breaks soon.

I hear Blair and Williams are close, maybe Evans. Clark is concerning to me because he won't be solid IMO until his fax/Email LOI arrives. As far as the positions you mention Pops I really believe with a good year under our belts and an implosion by one or more SEC media darlings (A&M, Ole Miss) we could pick up a few "Flips"?

We have 13 or 14 spots available pending on if Robison will be on scholly or not.

I hear Blair and Williams are close, maybe Evans. Clark is concerning to me because he won't be solid IMO until his fax/Email LOI arrives. As far as the positions you mention Pops I really believe with a good year under our belts and an implosion by one or more SEC media darlings (A&M, Ole Miss) we could pick up a few "Flips"?

I agree, Dixie. With such a few non-commit prospects, I think it's got to come from flips unless a Lorenzo Carter, Deshawn Hand, or one or two of those Louisiana WRs show interest. Keep in mind, it's not a bad thing to aim high. And there are a lot of DL and OL in Georgia that Coach Garner knows very well. Also, I'll bet ole' Coach Craig has some tricks up his sleeve and Ole Miss and FSU better take note.

I agree, Dixie. With such a few non-commit prospects, I think it's got to come from flips unless a Lorenzo Carter, Deshawn Hand, or one or two of those Louisiana WRs show interest. Keep in mind, it's not a bad thing to aim high. And there are a lot of DL and OL in Georgia that Coach Garner knows very well. Also, I'll bet ole' Coach Craig has some tricks up his sleeve and Ole Miss and FSU better take note.

Whoops, Dixie, didn't mean to step on your post

Fixed for you in both posts

Many thanks, E.

I'm not ready to start worrying just yet. After a 3-9 dumpster fire season, players that looked lost on the field, players that were being pushed around by even our OOC opponents, and 3-4 years of defense that looked like a pop-warner league, I can understand why many recruits will want to see our product on the field before taking a long look at Auburn. Our staff knows this, and I can assure you they plan on "wowing" the college football world with our turn-around this season. You can see our guys getting bigger, stronger, faster in the practice photos/videos. We do have a ton of elite talent, but it has just never been coached very well. We'll turn heads this year, just wait and see.

If we're still having this conversation come December, then I'll start to worry. War Eagle!

Many thanks, E.

Pops you will have to do more than that to get me upset with YOU. I say we end up flipping at least three higher ranked kids. Garner knows about a few that haven't blown up yet but will, same thing with Craig. And of course there will be some heretofore unknowns that come outta nowhere as well. (likely DT's & WR's) We will be just fine. I am still amazed that we managed to get both Garner and Craig as well as Smith and Cheese!! Add Gus and Rhett and I dare say we have the best recruiting combo in all of college football.

Even with all the moving parts, if we were to land D. Blair, A. Williams, R. Clark and R. Evans, we would be in pretty solid shape going in to the close out of the class.

Even with all the moving parts, if we were to land D. Blair, A. Williams, R. Clark and R. Evans, we would be in pretty solid shape going in to the close out the class.

I agree 100%. I prefer getting the best of local (AL, GA, FL, LA & MS) and a few from other places and finish out each class with our diamonds in the rough if you will. I just believe that all this crap of slow-playing the local talent is going to backfire on sabear. Where as we remain loyal and the talent will take notice. Coaches will appreciate this as well.

Even with all the moving parts, if we were to land D. Blair, A. Williams, R. Clark and R. Evans, we would be in pretty solid shape going in to the close out the class.

I agree 100%. I prefer getting the best of local (AL, GA, FL, LA & MS) and a few from other places and finish out each class with our diamonds in the rough if you will. I just believe that all this crap of slow-playing the local talent is going to backfire on sabear. Where as we remain loyal and the talent will take notice. Coaches will appreciate this as well.

Until the REC steps in, and all these local coaches receive mysterious "facility upgrades", and it's like "Auburn who???".

Until the REC steps in, and all these local coaches receive mysterious "facility upgrades", and it's like "Auburn who???".

Likely will not happen with this class. Bama has gone national. Like Dixie I think that is a mistake.

Likely will not happen with this class. Bama has gone national. Like Dixie I think that is a mistake.

Yep. uat thinks they can offer any instate kid the last minute and get a commit. Not going to be as fortunate doing this now. AU has really turned up the heat on the instate kids and is doing one hell of a job showing these kids how bad the need and wants these kids.

Breakdown on uncommitted prospects:

OL Dontavius Blair - AU leader

DE Andrew Williams - AU leader

OC Andrew Marshall - AU leader if offered

ATH Tony James - AU battle

ATH Darrel Williams - AU battle

OL Jordan Sims - AU battle

DT Davonte Lambert - AU battle

LB Rashaan Evans - AU battle

S Ronnie Clark - AU battle

Flip watch -

TE Jacory Washington (LSU commit)

DE Spencer Williams (Cincinnati commit)

LB Gavin Bryant (Tennessee commit)

CB Stephen Roberts (Bama commit)

S CJ Hampton (Ole Miss commit)

Precciate all you do but I differ significantly on some of these.

-The staff promised Roc when he committed that we are only taking him and Pettway at RB. Even though Tony James is an Athlete he is not a take because Roc would see it as us going back on the deal with him. We are looking for 1 more slot but it's not a small slot like James. It's a big slot WR. So basically is pointless right now to say Auburn is his leader. Same applies to Darrell Williams. We have stopped recruiting both players for the time being.

On Andrew Williams right now it's a 3 team battle with us, Clemson, and Ole Miss.

Precciate all you do but I differ significantly on some of these.

-The staff promised Roc when he committed that we are only taking him and Pettway at RB. Even though Tony James is an Athlete he is not a take because Roc would see it as us going back on the deal with him. We are looking for 1 more slot but it's not a small slot like James. It's a big slot WR. So basically is pointless right now to say Auburn is his leader. Same applies to Darrell Williams. We have stopped recruiting both players for the time being.

On Andrew Williams right now it's a 3 team battle with us, Clemson, and Ole Miss.

I didn't say Auburn is the 'leader' for both guys. You are correct about the latest on both but just wait until NSD and maybe extra spot as slot or backup plan. We are done recruiting at RB (I did put 'DONE' on position need).

Thanks for your note on Andrew Williams.

Archived