If Chiz is fired Monday?

auburnpride99

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will settle it for everyone. I will take over for the remaining games on the schedule. I will solicit both offensive and defensive schemes from other members of this board. I am willing to make this sacrifice for the Auburn Family and I will not charge $4 million. I only ask in return that the powers that be are attempting to identify that "home run" hire while I take the team home for this final stretch.

It couldn't be worse than what we have placed on the field thus far. War Eagle

I say we just let the Fathers of the players take control of the team for the rest of the season.

Heck, Jeff Blake and DJ Maseo could run the offense and Parkey's Dad could run the special teams. We just need someone to take over the D.

Just think. They couldn't possibly do any worse, and they'd have absolutely no pressure on them to perform. :)

I see no benefit of changing now without a replacement. Recruits will scamper if we change now. If we wait to the end of the season and have a new coach in place, there is a chance you salvage some recruits.

I say we just let the Fathers of the players take control of the team for the rest of the season.

Heck, Jeff Blake and DJ Maseo could run the offense and Parkey's Dad could run the special teams. We just need someone to take over the D.

Just think. They couldn't possibly do any worse, and they'd have absolutely no pressure on them to perform. :)

I dont believe it would be any worse if we let them finish the season WITHOUT a coach. Auburn has hit bottom.

I dont believe it would be any worse if we let them finish the season WITHOUT a coach. Auburn has hit bottom.

Ouch

Ouch

LOL. When Auburn reached the bottom, they found a hole and fell through it too. They can't even see the bottom from where they are.

I've heard BVG would coach the last few games should Chizik get fired now.

Yeah, thats a problem solved right thre. I especially get a warm and fuzzy about him being at the helm after witnessing his defense give up the most points by any Auburn team since 1917.....I'll do the math for you...thats in 95 years!

I, previously, was of the thought that Chizik would get one more year. After seeing that game (I was there for the first half but did not see any reason to stay - wish I had just to see Wallace play who I have been wanting since game 2), he needs to be gone. He should be fired Monday and they should let Jay Boulware be the interim HC. Why JB - he has been the only coach with consistent positive results in the area he Coaches. Not saying he is the long term selectee - just until they find the guy - whether that is next week or next month. Making it known now that he will begin gets us in-line early for the coaching carousel and they can find a good football coach and hopefully one with the moral character that endeared Chizik to many fans.

Also, ESPN's College Football Final did the "Final Verdict" segment on whether Chizik should be fired after one bad year. Lou Holtz argued FOR Chizik - thast is reason enough for me to say time for Chizik to go!

Why wait until Monday. Someone earlier said that Troop was the problem and then someone replied he did not have a clue. So what is really the problem. To me there is no leadership from the players but other teams seems to overcome this.

So what (or who) is really the problem

Can't see Chiz being here even for the next game...the players clearly quit on him last night before the game even started. BVG...no way ! !. Luper seems to be the only coach whose players have played to their potential in the past two years...and I expect he could run things for the remaining few games.

Gouge or someone outside the Athletic Dept needs to spend some time with Lutz and Blake and a couple more and get their input on the matter.

Yeah, thats a problem solved right thre. I especially get a warm and fuzzy about him being at the helm after witnessing his defense give up the most points by any Auburn team since 1917.....I'll do the math for you...thats in 95 years!

If BVG took over as interim HC, maybe that would make Martinez the interim DC. Maybe he could do better defending against the spread.

If BVG took over as interim HC, maybe that would make Martinez the interim DC. Maybe he could do better defending against the spread.

we dont play anymore spread teams unless NMS or Allabama A&M run it.When we lose to those guys it will be the saddest days for the program in Auburrn football history.

No thanks. Trooper is the problem.

I have felt this way for a while primarily based on a close friends experience being around Trooper while he recruited players at Auburn. His language, in a public place was horrible and he seemed to be promoting Auburn less as a educational facility but as a party life. He seems to treat players as peers which will not work ever ever ever. I would allow Chizik to finish the year before I handed Trooper the keys.

Trooper Taylor is the associate hc. If there is an interim hc he should get it. He is an offensive minded guy. Maybe without chiz around trooper will get these guys having fun on offense.

Either way trooper is next in line. That's why his title is associate hc. He is the head coach in the absence of chizik

I've been saying that Chizik should not get another year. I hope by now the people on here sees that light. BTW, Jacobs and Jackson needs to be fired first.

First Coach Chizik has just lost his mother. Regardless of the field he needs our support.

If he wants it let him take a leave of absence to deal with his family affairs.

What will be will be at this point.

Maybe he and we need to just step back and do things the right way.

We'll all survive.

No thanks. Trooper is the problem.

I have felt this way for a while primarily based on a close friends experience being around Trooper while he recruited players at Auburn. His language, in a public place was horrible and he seemed to be promoting Auburn less as a educational facility but as a party life. He seems to treat players as peers which will not work ever ever ever. I would allow Chizik to finish the year before I handed Trooper the keys.

This X 10. If you need more proof go back and look at the last two places he worked before coming here and see what shape he left them in. People say "but he's a great recruiter" but I contend that he recruits a lot of players that don't pan out.

I do not trust anyone on the coaching staff to take over and make a difference.. having said that, if they fire Chizik today or tomorrow.. they would be better served to go into the stands and pick a fan to take over for the remainder of the season.. would be better than what we have on the staff now. Bottom Line: Fire the AD today and all of his support staff.. kick em out.. go out and hire an AD.. Let the new AD come in and start the search for a new head coach. Fire Chizik immediately after the game in Tuscalooser.

Archived