General coaching hire discussion (your random tossed out name is probably merged here)

TitanTiger

Who will be the next coach  

326 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be our next head coach?

• Gus Malzhan
    • Charlie Strong
    • Jimbo Fisher
    • Jeff Fisher
    • David Shaw
    • Bobby Petrino
    • Bob Stoops
    • Other

At this point with the names that have been mentioned, Jimbo Fisher is underwhelming. THIS GUY, freaking ridiculous. Go ahead and check out Kent States coach too. Hey, better yet I'm sure there are a ton of REALLY good HS coaches out there.

Go gettem' JJ! You winner You!

:puke::thumbsdown:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's ridiculous how dismissive some Auburn fans can be on this. Jordan was an assistant. Barfield, well ok. Dye was at Wyoming. Bowden, Samford. Tuberville, not winning big at Ole Miss.

Meanwhile, Kelly went to ND from the MAC via Cincy. Saban got his rep in the MAC. Richt was an assistant. Boom was an assistant. Oregon's Kelly was an assistant. Snyder went to K-State as an assistant.

A MAC coach fits our historic profile perfectly. I have higher favorites, but if it comes to Petrino or this guy, I'd happy take his risks over Petrino's.

Y'all are crazy if you think this guy is sickening.

Doeren has earned the attention. He’s 23-4 in two years as a head coach, winning the conference both times. His current team is 12-1, with its only blemish a one-point loss to Iowa back in September. The Huskies, ranked No. 21 last week, still have a shot at reaching a BCS bowl game if the standings shake out on Sunday.

Despite Doeren's background as Wisconsin's defensive coordinator from 2006-10, NIU's offense has been high-powered, averaging 40.8 points a game this season. Doeren also was an assistant at Kansas from 2002-05.

It's ridiculous how dismissive some Auburn fans can be on this. Jordan was an assistant. Barfield, well ok. Dye was at Wyoming. Bowden, Samford. Tuberville, not winning big at Ole Miss.

Meanwhile, Kelly went to ND from the MAC via Cincy. Saban got his rep in the MAC. Richt was an assistant. Boom was an assistant. Oregon's Kelly was an assistant. Snyder went to K-State as an assistant.

A MAC coach fits our historic profile perfectly. I have higher favorites, but if it comes to Petrino or this guy, I'd happy take his risks over Petrino's.

Kelly was an assistant at a D-1AA school as well, before becoming the OC at Oregon. He moved up to HC quickly and proves that a good coach can coach, no matter where they started. So much of the where you start is based on timing and who you know.

DCA, I have said this time and time again. We could bring in Bill Belichick and some in our fanbase will let their disdain for the hire known. It just is what it is. I really don't know enough about Doeren to form an opinion. I do know one of our bect HC's in history came from Wyoming by way of East Carolina first.

My thing about a guy like Doeren is that there are coaches proven at bigger places that we can throw the checkbook at; that is definitely what we are going to do. If people like Patterson, Fisher, Petrino, Petersen, etc. say no, that's when you look at this caliber of coach.

Heard alot of talk today about Pete Carroll being announced next week as our new head coach. Sounds crazy to me but man i would love that hire.

Heard alot of talk today about Pete Carroll being announced next week as our new head coach. Sounds crazy to me but man i would love that hire.

From who?

Now, some may think I am crazy; but I would not be wild about this hire. I don't think Pete would fit too well at Auburn.

Quit fooling around and go hire Petrino. He is the only proven HC available to us. Plus he can start immediately. Role model vs. winner. If you want a role model we shouldn't have fired Chizik.

Quit fooling around and go hire Petrino. He is the only proven HC available to us. Plus he can start immediately. Role model vs. winner. If you want a role model we shouldn't have fired Chizik.

Gary Patterson.

How in the world do people keep wanting Pete carrol, butch davis, Jim tressel? Are you people blind? Probation.

Says the guy who wants Gus Malzahn over Gary Patterson.

Malzahn has a NC and all his players are here right now. Would be the fastest success; immediate.

Patterson has a good record but in a weak conference.

I'd be happy with either.

Malzahn is proving his talents this season, and I agree that he could come in and turn this offense around immediately. I think it would help recruiting immensely b/c we would probably keep a lot of the coaches on staff. He is my number one choice. There...I said it.

Also, I agree totally with the sentiment that we are not going to consistently beat Bama, LSU and GA by trying to do the same thing that they do. We need to do something different from them because we don't have quite the recruiting ability that they do. When it all comes together you can do great things, and even with Cam at the helm, I don't think Gus was ever really turned loose to run his scheme to its full potential.

From who?

Now, some may think I am crazy; but I would not be wild about this hire. I don't think Pete would fit too well at Auburn.

You would be correct.

I'm not looking for a role model, but I'm sure as hell not looking for a snake.

Are all the Bigger Name Coachesusing us just to get a pay raise? I mean how many of them are real possiblites? There was a lot of talk about BP getting the job Sunday at 5pm and that may still happen. But when Gary P, and a couple others, said they would "listen" or "interview", then inside people said BP might not get it. I understand that things change daily, probably hourly, but just wondering if a few of you that are closer to the program than most of us , if some of these Bigger names( Stoops, Gary P, ..etc) are real possiblites?

By the way I have done a about a 100 degree change on BP, I was totally against him, but I have came around somewhat.

War Eagle

Archived