General coaching hire discussion (your random tossed out name is probably merged here)

TitanTiger

Who will be the next coach  

326 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be our next head coach?

• Gus Malzhan
    • Charlie Strong
    • Jimbo Fisher
    • Jeff Fisher
    • David Shaw
    • Bobby Petrino
    • Bob Stoops
    • Other

He can't ride a roller-coaster either. I guess he could stay in the game room at an amusement park. Most game rooms have those step-stools you can stand on if you aren't tall enough to play the pin-ball machines.

LOL

Who is shorter? Patterson or Saban?

I would have to see them side by side. I would take Patterson in a fight though.

Patterson could pretend to be tying his shoe, then step on Saban.

I like the way you think!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He can't ride a roller-coaster either. I guess he could stay in the game room at an amusement park. Most game rooms have those step-stools you can stand on if you aren't tall enough to play the pin-ball machines.

LOL

Who is shorter? Patterson or Saban?

I would have to see them side by side. I would take Patterson in a fight though.

Patterson could pretend to be tying his shoe, then step on Saban.

:lmao::rollin::lmao: I needed that thought

I think Butch Davis has been mentioned for every AU opening since Barfield. Why wouldn't he join the party along with the other 20 guys who the "inside sources" say will be hired between now and Tuesday? Welcome Butch, enjoy your stay on AUF!

Looks like Texas will lose and that job will open. Not good news for fellow Pattersonites.

+1.. :(

Looks like Texas will lose and that job will open. Not good news for fellow Pattersonites.

I was reading a Texas board. They are ticked off at the rumor Petersen is going to Arky. Apparently they wanted him. Hopefully Mack will pull a rabbit out of somewhere and somehow save his job.

Patterson would be my top choice, on paper. If he really wants to go to Texas, though, I would rather have someone else. We need someone who wants to come to Auburn for two reasons: 1) because they love Auburn, and 2) because they want to go toe to head with Saban.

Do I still have time to scratch Bo Pelini off my list?

He may be available after tonight! They are getting hammered!!

I mean fanny stomped! Wisky will score 100 if they get the chance.

I think Butch Davis has been mentioned for every AU opening since Barfield. Why wouldn't he join the party along with the other 20 guys who the "inside sources" say will be hired between now and Tuesday? Welcome Butch, enjoy your stay on AUF!

Jones, not Davis.

Jones, not Davis.

Ah, you are right. Well there goes a perfectly good post to waste for me. Ha!!

...as many people should. People grow and improve in life to assume BP (or any of us) are the same we were in the past is simple wrong. What we would hope is consistent is his ability to continue to be a winner, score a boat load of points, and run a clean program. BTW....running a clean program is more important to me than his personal life....oh, he can also go toe to toe with Mr Saban.

I agree. I don't care if he throws stripper parties every night, drinks a gallon of whiskey, and rides his Harley with 2 naked chicks on the back. As long as he runs a clean program and keeps his personal business at home, it's all that matters. And it's all that should matter.

People have this mistaken notion that a guy like Petrino cannot keep players in line. I would put my faith in a SOB keeping them in line as opposed to a nice guy.

A head coach has no private life..reason we never hear about saban having g /f and riding bikes is because his private life is football

everyone knows that Saban is too short to ride a motorcycle :Sing:/>

How about the 25cent bike or train in mall?

Peterson may actually take the Texas job if offered or it opens up....but then again he could have had Florida 2 years ago too. Texas is the only job open he might take in this years openings...but let's see what happens.

I don't think Auburn will wait for Patterson if he flirts with Texas. If he left us at the alter a lot of our other choices may be off the table.

...as many people should. People grow and improve in life to assume BP (or any of us) are the same we were in the past is simple wrong. What we would hope is consistent is his ability to continue to be a winner, score a boat load of points, and run a clean program. BTW....running a clean program is more important to me than his personal life....oh, he can also go toe to toe with Mr Saban.

I agree. I don't care if he throws stripper parties every night, drinks a gallon of whiskey, and rides his Harley with 2 naked chicks on the back. As long as he runs a clean program and keeps his personal business at home, it's all that matters. And it's all that should matter.

People have this mistaken notion that a guy like Petrino cannot keep players in line. I would put my faith in a SOB keeping them in line as opposed to a nice guy.

A head coach has no private life..reason we never hear about saban having g /f and riding bikes is because his private life is football

everyone knows that Saban is too short to ride a motorcycle :Sing:/>

How about the 25cent bike or train in mall?

Funny you should mention that. I saw him on was of those .25 cent horsy rides one time. He got thrown.

If the new coach still has a bowl game to coach could it be we don't know who it is until after that game? Could it be we still guessing in two weeks waiting for announcements after each bowl game?

I don't think we can wait that long. I know we can't wait that long.

If the new coach still has a bowl game to coach could it be we don't know who it is until after that game? Could it be we still guessing in two weeks waiting for announcements after each bowl game?

No. Whoever hired will almost assuredly have to accept before a bowl game.

Archived