General coaching hire discussion (your random tossed out name is probably merged here)

TitanTiger

Who will be the next coach  

326 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be our next head coach?

• Gus Malzhan
    • Charlie Strong
    • Jimbo Fisher
    • Jeff Fisher
    • David Shaw
    • Bobby Petrino
    • Bob Stoops
    • Other

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We really need the blue background so we can use the yellow again

I figured people would have the common sense to realize that pink is just as sarcastic. I gave some too much credit I guess.

I posted my comment before you highlighted it pink and said you were kidding , geez you guys smartarses.

Wrong. It was pink from the time it was posted. No alterations were made to that post. You actually responded to it after I had already told somebody else it was a joke.

Edit part....yes, I have been known to be a smartarse.

was the joke funny? I missed it :dunno: and too lazy to go back

I said.... we didn't want Patterson because he went 7-5.

OMG, how could you say that!!! *snark*

Holy hell....can we just hire a coach and move on already...smdh.

We probably have at least three more days of this "hurry up and wait". yay!!!!!!!!!!

I'm curious about Bo Pelini right now. I know it's always harder to beat a team the second time, but this is pathetic. Wonder if he's been hired somewhere else already.

Peterson is not going to Arkansas...and Forde is an idiot. NC State got the coach who blinked with a take it or leave it now offer. If he waited it out he may have been able to snag Tenn, Ark, Cal, or Colorado all of which are better jobs. He was on Auburn's list but not near the top.

State got a good young coach IMO....and am surprised he didn't wait. Seems that Butch Jones (Cinn) is hot choice for Col, and several others which puts him in a good spot and some schools are going to be disappointed.

I feel like that's a lateral (at best) move for Jones. Colorado....eh..... only thing good about taking that job is marijuana is legal if the job gets too tough.

Cincy is a better job than Colo. I would be shocked to see Jones there. I think he is a rising star and not one who has to eat buffalo chips.

We probably have at least three more days of this "hurry up and wait". yay!!!!!!!!!!

i know bro....and btw, i was about to concur with ur previous post. right on.

the one where u said there were many desirable options for us.

the one where u said there were many desirable options for us.

Yeah, I just don't get the "there is only one coach for us" (whoever their choice is) crowd. To each his own I guess. Yes, this is a HUGE hire for us. We are in a bad place and need somebody who can come in and get us back where we expect to be. I, like you, think there is more than one option who can do that for us. I will support whoever we bring in, until they lose my faith and support.

We really need the blue background so we can use the yellow again

I figured people would have the common sense to realize that pink is just as sarcastic. I gave some too much credit I guess.

I posted my comment before you highlighted it pink and said you were kidding , geez you guys smartarses.

Wrong. It was pink from the time it was posted. No alterations were made to that post. You actually responded to it after I had already told somebody else it was a joke.

Edit part....yes, I have been known to be a smartarse.

was the joke funny? I missed it :dunno: and too lazy to go back

I said.... we didn't want Patterson because he went 7-5.

:jossun: It's better than 3-9 :jossun:

...as many people should. People grow and improve in life to assume BP (or any of us) are the same we were in the past is simple wrong. What we would hope is consistent is his ability to continue to be a winner, score a boat load of points, and run a clean program. BTW....running a clean program is more important to me than his personal life....oh, he can also go toe to toe with Mr Saban.

I agree. I don't care if he throws stripper parties every night, drinks a gallon of whiskey, and rides his Harley with 2 naked chicks on the back. As long as he runs a clean program and keeps his personal business at home, it's all that matters. And it's all that should matter.

People have this mistaken notion that a guy like Petrino cannot keep players in line. I would put my faith in a SOB keeping them in line as opposed to a nice guy.

A head coach has no private life..reason we never hear about saban having g /f and riding bikes is because his private life is football

...as many people should. People grow and improve in life to assume BP (or any of us) are the same we were in the past is simple wrong. What we would hope is consistent is his ability to continue to be a winner, score a boat load of points, and run a clean program. BTW....running a clean program is more important to me than his personal life....oh, he can also go toe to toe with Mr Saban.

I agree. I don't care if he throws stripper parties every night, drinks a gallon of whiskey, and rides his Harley with 2 naked chicks on the back. As long as he runs a clean program and keeps his personal business at home, it's all that matters. And it's all that should matter.

People have this mistaken notion that a guy like Petrino cannot keep players in line. I would put my faith in a SOB keeping them in line as opposed to a nice guy.

A head coach has no private life..reason we never hear about saban having g /f and riding bikes is because his private life is football

everyone knows that Saban is too short to ride a motorcycle :Sing:

everyone knows that Saban is too short to ride a motorcycle :Sing:

He can't ride a roller-coaster either. I guess he could stay in the game room at an amusement park. Most game rooms have those step-stools you can stand on if you aren't tall enough to play the pin-ball machines.

He can't ride a roller-coaster either. I guess he could stay in the game room at an amusement park. Most game rooms have those step-stools you can stand on if you aren't tall enough to play the pin-ball machines.

LOL

Who is shorter? Patterson or Saban?

I'm hoping TCUs loss today help pull Patterson on over to the Plains.

He went 7-5 this season. We don't want him.

"You" don't want him.

No, he does, and we do. WE10 used pink panther font to indicate sarcasm, since yellow doesn't show up on the AUFam skin.

LOL

I would have to see them side by side. I would take Patterson in a fight though.

I'm mentioning Jeff Tedford and Rex Ryan. Big deal.

LOL

I would have to see them side by side. I would take Patterson in a fight though.

Patterson could pretend to be tying his shoe, then step on Saban.

Archived