Murray St 79 Auburn 59

TastesLikeChicken

Bad News- We played very poorly and showed that we get timid on the road in the initial half of games.

Good News- It is so early in the season, and one loss will not kill us. We've got a game tonight. Let's learn from this game, and come out firing on all cylinders against c of c. We played what could turn out to be our worst game of the season, meaning we can only go up. Let's stay behind the guys, and let's get to the big dance.

The only positive for me is that Murray State is probably one of the best teams we will play this season and their outside shooters were on fire. Coach B got a quick look at which of his new players can compete....and will be intersting to watch the line-ups for the next few games.

JMO but some of the seniors are going to be on the bench pretty soon.

The only positive for me is that Murray State is probably one of the best teams we will play this season and their outside shooters were on fire. Coach B got a quick look at which of his new players can compete....and will be intersting to watch the line-ups for the next few games.

I am sorry, but really?! That's what we heard about Clemson (best QB and maybe best team we will see this year), then we heard it about other teams that beat crap out of us. During SEC season we will play KY and FL. I would imagine Murray state would lose to most of the SEC teams in the league.

from the box score,

the vets and what they are supposed to be good at vs what they did:

wallace - 0 assists, 4 turnovers, 2 steals = ouch

sullivan - 2-16 shooting, 3-7 from the line, 0 assists, 3 turnovers, 5 boards (solid) = double ouch

payne/adamu - 1-9 shooting, 6-8 from line (solid), 4 boards, 3 turnovers = ouch

chubb - 6-9 shooting, 7 boards, 1 TO, 0 FT (a center needs to create FT), 4 fouls, 15 minutes = good game for the time, but too many fouls in 15 minutes

Noel J - 0-5 shooting, 1 board, thats it 16 minutes = poor game

the newbies:

ADT - 6-8 shooting, 8 boards, 0 FT (needs to find the line in 28 minutes), 3 blocks = good game

shaq J - 0-1, 7-10 FT, 9 boards, 3 assists, 26 minutes = good game (this is what i hoped he would bring - that many boards and FT means energy!)

price - 5-14, 1-1 FT, 2 steals = fair game (get 2 or 3 more shots in and this becomes a pretty good game from a 2)

greene - dang near "0"-fer across the board with 2 assists in 11 minutes = not gonna take wallace's spot with that performance

granger - 0-1, 2 boards in 9 minutes = virtually nothing except a breather for a couple of guys - i do think he will improve greatly

all in all - generally poor from the vets except chubb (and his normal high fouls) and generally solid from the newbies. greene has a clear shot at the point if he would take it. i like wallace's defense, but it doesnt look like we got much of any D from the team that had shown great D prior to this. should we hold on to the ball and slow the game down a little in order to help our D out??? who knows. maybe we were pushing in order to find some rythem on O.

guess we will see tonight.

i agree AU64. We did not play well at all and that shot us in the foot. But that should not take anything away from Murray State. This is a solid team that shot really well from beyond the arc, played smothering defense, and is very good when it comes to fundamentals. It seemed like coach Barbee played quite a few different lineups (sometimes because he had to due to foul trouble). I am interested to see what the lineup will look like this season as well.

Guys this Murray State team can play with most anybody in the country. They were 31-2 last year. Yes, we had a poor night shooting the ball. Murray State shot it very well. It's not the end of the world just because we lost to this team. Murray State is a damn good basketball team.

Couldn't listen or see the game. What was the D like? They shot ~51% to our ~31%. They also shot more than we did even though we outrebounded them by 15. Seams like we are not challenging their shot enough.

Also, it seams like we are going to live and die by how Frankie plays. He does well, we do well. He's off, we lose. We have to have someone else who can put up 20+ points.

Also, like last year our FT shooting is bad. Needs to be at least 70% which could have been 5 more points in this game. More importantly it means a couple of wins the remainder of the season.

I am sorry, but really?! That's what we heard about Clemson (best QB and maybe best team we will see this year), then we heard it about other teams that beat crap out of us. During SEC season we will play KY and FL. I would imagine Murray state would lose to most of the SEC teams in the league.

I have to disagree. Murray State is extremely legit and would put it to a number of teams in the SEC. They are coached well, get after it on both sides and have a marchmadman in Canaan.

Guys this Murray State team can play with most anybody in the country. They were 31-2 last year. Yes, we had a poor night shooting the ball. Murray State shot it very well. It's not the end of the world just because we lost to this team. Murray State is a damn good basketball team.

I didn't have a problem with losing. I knew we were going to lose it before they even tipped off. It was the way we lost it. We still play street basketball. Our offense has ZERO movement. We just run down the court and throw shots up. It's the same thing we've been watching for years. When does it change? When do we improve?

Just for those who have not bothered to look...Murray has a first team AA guard and the team was 31-2 last season.

And for the SEC...other than KY, Missouri and maybe FLa, the conference usually stinks and Murray could probably beat most of the conference teams.

None the less.... AU's fundamentals were awful and they were shell-shocked by MSU's three pointers early in the game. Let's see if they recover tonight.

Archived