Prediction

AuburnBasketball

I'm going to make a prediction! When CD3 comes back he is going to score at will. He's gonna come back with a chip on his shoulder and is gonna play pissed off. He sees that we have trouble offensively and he knows already that he can score. Get ready for "The Return"!!

Anybody that can score is surely welcome. I know it's early and TB still trying to figure out who will be the starting 5 but from what I've seen, we are going to have a hard time scoring more than 60 or so a game. No reliable outside shooting and the guys who are likely to get fouled aren't good foul shooters.

Lots of room for someone who can score to step up and play.

I'm more concerned about getting killed on the boards. If we win the rebounding wars we will get more easy shots thus alleviating somewhat the scoring concern. Both games this trip that we lost we got massacred on the boards. ADT and Adamu may need to start over Chubb and Payne. Only scoring issue is that Frankie is trying to do too much and Price can't find his shot.

Everything else is about like I thought.

frankie is really putting to much on his shoulders, but that is what barbee has instructed him to do. i would like to see frankie take about 25% less shots, particularly if he aint feeling it. we need greene and price to find their range ... bad. if noel j can give us 10-12 a game then that will pull the d out a little.

i love the way CD slashes. sullivan has done an admirable job doing the same, but there is something about the way CD does it that has a little extra flair that i think only shaq J can replicate. if we can get shaq and CD consistently pressing the middle of the paint and our bigs rebounding better - that will provide points and second chance points that we dont consistently see now ... will also introduce some inside out play that i dont really think we have had either. yes, CD will be a nice addition - but will he be fit enough to show up and perform immediately?

Yeah, a proven scorer would work wonders for this team, to just take a little pressure off Frankie. Maybe someone can step up as we get into SEC bball.

Archived