138 Points, Really?

around4ever

I had a game somewhat like this once, but only managed 67 points. It took every opportunity I had to get there, was one of those rare 'in the zone' nights where the rim seemed to be 6 feet wide and almost every single shot went down. After hitting my 5th or 6th 3pter, I was double teamed and before it was over- I was triple teamed. Point being, I can't imagine having over a hundred opportunities in a game. I give this guy credit, 138 points is quite a feat at any level of play.

but...

He shot less than 50% from the floor, less than 30% from the 3pt line, and only made it to the free-throw line 5 times which makes me question just how aggressive the other team was. Usually stories like this happen after a guy is on fire and draining everything he touches. I'd love to see a replay of this game to see what the other team was running.. and also... how the heck did this guy get that many shots off.

Regardless, this kid will be able to do whatever he pleases on campus and has quite a story that'll hang around with him for the rest of his life. Nicely done.

He averaged taking a shot every 22.2 seconds. Apparently his team didn't play much defense either for the other team to score 104 points and for Grinnell to get the ball back down court that fast.

Archived