Allen Payne

jwmboom7

What does Barbee see in him? Why is he starting? I know he is a veteran, and he plays good defense supposedly, but i, honestly, haven't seen it. He doesn't have much fire power on the offensive end of the court, and in the game today, he had some lazy passes and defensive stands. Not trying to knock the kid down, but I'm just curious to see what yall think. I think he is much more suited for coming off the bench. I think Barbee should start one of the youngsters in his place and get them some valuable experience. Thoughts?

What does Barbee see in him? Why is he starting? I know he is a veteran, and he plays good defense supposedly, but i, honestly, haven't seen it. He doesn't have much fire power on the offensive end of the court, and in the game today, he had some lazy passes and defensive stands. Not trying to knock the kid down, but I'm just curious to see what yall think. I think he is much more suited for coming off the bench. I think Barbee should start one of the youngsters in his place and get them some valuable experience. Thoughts?

Problem is he's a "tweener" Not big enough to be a true 4, but not enough offensive firepower to be a true 3. He's better than any 4 we have right now until Adamu gets more consistent (Only other option would be Granger) and is better than any 3 we have right now other than N. Johnson when he's hot which isn't that often of late. S. Johnson has been starting at the 3 lately, but isn't producing right now and Adamu is still out of control too much getting in foul trouble and taking bad shots when he starts. I think you are right and he would be much better as a 6th man, but right now he's the better option for a lot of playing time at either spot. I would like to see them play Price at the 3, but he's played the point a lot and the 2 some and hasn't been productive at either. His defense down low as a 3 is more than likely the issue with him at the 3 but we need to get him on track offensively.

Archived