Petrino Discussions

TitanTiger

Dont know if its true but been hearing from Bama fans that Au is interested in Kirby Smart.. And the rumer is he is interested in AU...

Of course they are saying this. Its strokes the bammer superiority complex.

Well the last time we hired a former UGA player that coached at bama we dominated the SEC for a decade.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blown out by TAM & Ugly. Getting thumped 42-0 at halftime by the turds. Losing to both MS schools and Vandy in the same season. No conference wins. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. HIRE BOBBY PETRINO NOW!

Blown out by TAM & Ugly. Getting thumped 42-0 at halftime by the turds. Losing to both MS schools and Vandy in the same season. No conference wins. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. HIRE BOBBY PETRINO NOW!

I hear ya and agree.

Someone please explain how keeping CGC around for this long has been good for Auburn?

for Auburn there is no explanation. However keeping him this long should dissuade any smaller school from higher a coach with a gift NC ring.

No thanks. Moving forward he has no moral authority when he walks into a prospective recruits home or anywhere else.

Take Franklin from Vandy.

Wouldn't hate that hire.

No thanks. Moving forward he has no moral authority when he walks into a prospective recruits home or anywhere else.

Tell me, how high does the character of the coach rank in terms of reasons recruits commit to a school? Most would agree that Kiffin isnt a paragon of morality, but he isnt having much difficulty assembly the #1 ranked recruiting class. And this is at a school that is under sanctions. Why the success then?

AU fans that want to win now wants Petrino, the moral police fans want an Honest, High character, Never lies, good Christian man for a coach! Unless I'm horribly wrong, I don't think JESUS is coming back from heaven to coach AU football!! If its not BP, it had better be someone that can coach a football team, defensive or offensive!!

Bluevue, your insight that "we can't hire Petrino because he will leave in the middle of the night like he's done before" will apply to whomever takes this job, except Petrino. I hope you will come out with your righteous indignation guns a-blazin since they will also be quitters by your definition.

Tell me, how high does the character of the coach rank in terms of reasons recruits commit to a school? Most would agree that Kiffin isnt a paragon of morality, but he isnt having much difficulty assembly the #1 ranked recruiting class. And this is at a school that is under sanctions. Why the success then?

Kiffin's obv sketchy however as far as I know he hasn't committed infidelity, hired his mistress, and then lied to his employer about it. They aren't in the same ballpark.

The coach doesn't have to be Beaver Cleaver but I'd like for him to at least be a decent guy.

It's impossible to predict how Petrino's problems will impact his recruiting moving forward. Given how high profile they were I think they are going to have in impact although I am not positive as to the extent. I think and hope we can do better.

Bluevue, your insight that "we can't hire Petrino because he will leave in the middle of the night like he's done before" will apply to whomever takes this job, except Petrino. I hope you will come out with your righteous indignation guns a-blazin since they will also be quitters by your definition.

Well said. He will now ignore you because he ignores those that don't agree with him. :laugh:

Kiffin's obv sketchy however as far as I know he hasn't committed infidelity, hired his mistress, and then lied to his employer about it. They aren't in the same ballpark.

The coach doesn't have to be Beaver Cleaver but I'd like for him to at least be a decent guy.

It's impossible to predict how Petrino's problems will impact his recruiting moving forward. Given how high profile they were I think they are going to have in impact although I am not positive as to the extent. I think and hope we can do better.

Thats fine but how much do you SERIOUSLY believe Petrinos affair has with an 17-18 yr old?

Thats fine but how much do you SERIOUSLY believe Petrinos affair has with an 17-18 yr old?

I'm thinking about the coaches and parents that influence these decisions. If I am a parent it would be a consideration as to whether I want to trust my son to this man who's obviously a liar.

Clearly every person doesn't think this way. Some do.

Kiffin may be an arse, but kids like him, and unless he has done what BP did at Arky then it's not a fair comparison

AU fans that want to win now wants Petrino, the moral police fans want an Honest, High character, Never lies, good Christian man for a coach! Unless I'm horribly wrong, I don't think JESUS is coming back from heaven to coach AU football!! If its not BP, it had better be someone that can coach a football team, defensive or offensive!!

Really dude....just cause someone does not want BP does not mean they want some pansy...

I'm thinking about the coaches and parents that influence these decisions. If I am a parent it would be a consideration as to whether I want to trust my son to this man who's obviously a liar.

I've said it before but here goes: When bama hired Saban, remember all the righteously indignant huffing and puffing and saying "good luck trying to recruit, everyone saw you lie on national tv"? That argument was dumb then, now most people realize how dumb. When coaches recruit, one question and only one question matters: how soon can you get my baby drawing those nfl game checks. That's it. I know everyone would like to be idealistic and think that things matter like can you make him a man and can you instill a sense of responsibility in him but let's be honest. It's all about the dollar bills y'all.

I am agree with you...

I've said it before but here goes: When bama hired Saban, remember all the righteously indignant huffing and puffing and saying "good luck trying to recruit, everyone saw you lie on national tv"? That argument was dumb then, now most people realize how dumb. When coaches recruit, one question and only one question matters: how soon can you get my baby drawing those nfl game checks. That's it. I know everyone would like to be idealistic and think that things matter like can you make him a man and can you instill a sense of responsibility in him but let's be honest. It's all about the dollar bills y'all.

Saban did what society has to some extent come to expect as coming w/ the territory w/ high profile coaching jobs moving from one to another. His situation was uglier b/c he failed to be as vague as he should have been and got caught red handed. That is easily explained away. Petrino's situation isn't.

I am not promising you Petrino won't overcome all of this and be successful in the future. Perhaps he will. This is Auburn. Auburn is a power. Petrino is a risk we don't need to take at this point.

Risks are for the Kentucky's and Vanderbilt's of the world.

I want the best coach possible. That is all I care about. Period. His record is 75-26 at crappy schools with no tradition of winning. He wants the job and he can start tomorrow. I'm tired of hiring good men and then sitting through what I just witnessed. Since the good men obviously suck at coaching football can we try a jerk for once?

Really dude....just cause someone does not want BP does not mean they want some pansy...

well the ptb need to make a splash hire, and I hope he is at least near BP level or above! Although the way we have been hiring lately I wouldn't be shocked of it is a pansy coach. Rite now we r worried what people will have to say about us as a whole if we do indeed hire BP!! That's what's wrong with AU rite now! I say screw that, they have already done a pretty good job of that already, 2010 was incredible with all the garbage being spewed our way,I have to ask how did we get thru that fiasco? When u r more concerned about what people say then, no wonder fear seems to be stronger than love to some people! Not me

Archived