Petrino Discussions

TitanTiger

I'm sure he is a good coach, but, I have to say, I am not interested in a liar or a cheater both of which he has done.....in his personal life and professional life. I'd rather be patient and get the right mix of coaching talent as well as a level of integrity that IS Auburn University.

Just my .02 cents.

War Eagle!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Petrino to UK is for real the melt down in here is going to be cataclysmic. The man love has been palpable for weeks. Anything less than Petrino for some is going to be the announced and formal ending of Auburn football...LOL..to them its always been Petrino or a loser. Obviously, I believe there are others who can succeed at Auburn to a level that fans want and expect. Im in the distinct minority on that but only hope for the best for Auburn's future. What that future holds for Auburn is unknown for the moment but I am completely unwilling to succumb to the misguided logic that is being sold in here, which is, if we dont hire Petrino, Auburn will never win again.

It's always easy to win arguments against a position that no one has taken. Congrats on your Strawman Boxing Title, big fella!

it also easy to deny the malice and mean spirited arguments in support of a guy who has a proven track of leaving at the drop of a hat and lying to those who pay him. Thanks but no thanks. Let the magnanimous offerings of 2nd chances and forgiveness begin!

I'm sure he is a good coach, but, I have to say, I am not interested in a liar or a cheater both of which he has done.....in his personal life and professional life. I'd rather be patient and get the right mix of coaching talent as well as a level of integrity that IS Auburn University.

Just my .02 cents.

War Eagle!

Check this http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/ncaa/11/24/john-l-smith-out-arkansas-coach.ap/index.html?sct=hp_t2_a4&eref=sihp

Everyone knew from day one that Smith was a temp....so is anyone curious why no one at Arky is trying to get BP back on the payroll? It is amazing that no one that knows him personally is speaking up for him.

Don't worry, if we screw up, it will be JABA, where JJ led good ol' boy, bubba ball rules !

If we don't, I'll / most of us with be shocked amazed and hopeful.

At this point, no reason to get excited, stand by :popcorn: :popcorn:

WDE

"Everyone knew from day one that Smith was a temp....so is anyone curious why no one at Arky is trying to get BP back on the payroll? It is amazing that

no one that knows him personally is speaking up for him."

Im neither surprised nor amazed...they know him. Enough said..LOL

Just my .02 cents.

War Eagle!

....so is anyone curious why no one at Arky is trying to get BP back on the payroll?

Slept w/ coworker's/subordinate's fiance, Abused his power, lied to his boss/employer/coworkers/fans about the entire situation, created an HR and potential legal nightmare, embarrassed the entire program.... nothing to be curious about, I think Bobby pretty much laid it all out there.

Just my .02 cents.

War Eagle!

....so is anyone curious why no one at Arky is trying to get BP back on the payroll?

Slept w/ coworker's/subordinate's fiance, Abused his power, lied to his boss/employer/coworkers/fans about the entire situation, created an HR and potential legal nightmare, embarrassed the entire program.... nothing to be curious about, I think Bobby pretty much laid it all out there.

Yep... Bobby Boy is a go get-her...

Just my .02 cents.

War Eagle!

So what's the problem? He wins. (sarcasm font) ;D

Hope I'm wrong, but it looks like we will be looking for another HC after the flop hire that this AD will make soon falls flat on his face and leads us to another 8-5 average over the next few seasons. But hey, maybe he will be a stand up guy that makes us feel like a warm and fuzzy wittle "family". Somebody post the creed please. :laugh:

If Petrino to UK is for real the melt down in here is going to be cataclysmic. The man love has been palpable for weeks. Anything less than Petrino for some is going to be the announced and formal ending of Auburn football...LOL..to them its always been Petrino or a loser. Obviously, I believe there are others who can succeed at Auburn to a level that fans want and expect. Im in the distinct minority on that but only hope for the best for Auburn's future. What that future holds for Auburn is unknown for the moment but I am completely unwilling to succumb to the misguided logic that is being sold in here, which is, if we dont hire Petrino, Auburn will never win again.

It's always easy to win arguments against a position that no one has taken. Congrats on your Strawman Boxing Title, big fella!

it also easy to deny the malice and mean spirited arguments in support of a guy who has a proven track of leaving at the drop of a hat and lying to those who pay him. Thanks but no thanks. Let the magnanimous offerings of 2nd chances and forgiveness begin!

In other words, you know very well you're arguing against made up bull**** and got called on it so you're starting another tangent.

Just my .02 cents.

War Eagle!

Check this http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/ncaa/11/24/john-l-smith-out-arkansas-coach.ap/index.html?sct=hp_t2_a4&eref=sihp

Everyone knew from day one that Smith was a temp....so is anyone curious why no one at Arky is trying to get BP back on the payroll? It is amazing that no one that knows him personally is speaking up for him.

The Arkansas fan base would take him back in a heartbeat. But no one in an administration that fired him is going to backtrack now.

In other words, you know very well you're arguing against made up bull**** and got called on it so you're starting another tangent.

Don't argue with him TT, he wants us to be an 8-5 warm and fuzzy family. He doesn't want to win championships because we will resemble bama. And God knows we can't do that.

Actually, not at all. I may have stretched it a bit but, the assumption has been implied multiple times that if the AU Admin doesn't hire BP it will be a guy that will never win on the level that is "expected". Deny it all you want, sir, but unless you're simply blind or unwilling to concede the obvious,- it is what it is! It's also abundantly clear that what I post is a continuing source of aggravation for you so I'll be sure not to disappoint going forward. War Eagle!

Just my .02 cents.

War Eagle!

So what's the problem? He wins. (sarcasm font) ;D

:roflol: Yeah, I think he won a few times! Damn Lucky he didn't get shot!

Just my .02 cents.

War Eagle!

Man I'm envious....you really have a way with words....great job and you cut right to the chase.... :bow:

Just my .02 cents.

War Eagle!

Man I'm envious....you really have a way with words....great job and you cut right to the chase.... :bow:

Hope I'm wrong, but it looks like we will be looking for another HC after the flop hire that this AD will make soon falls flat on his face and leads us to another 8-5 average over the next few seasons. But hey, maybe he will be a stand up guy that makes us feel like a warm and fuzzy wittle "family". Somebody post the creed please. :laugh:

Sad part is, whoever comes in will actually do at worst a mediocre job. If that's the case, everyone will be so ecstatic at our abilities to tackle, intercept a pass here or there, and avoid an offsides or falsestart on 3rd down The majority will be touting this crew as the second comings of the Steel Curtain & StLouis Rams (2000).

Just my .02 cents.

War Eagle!

I had wondered myself if there was a possibility, but If you go back and look at the timeline- Wayne Gacy has a better chance of running a KinderCare.

:D gratzie

The sad thing is that some of these assistants (BVG, Trooper, Grimes, etc) will be doing a rock solid job at other schools next year and possibly for some of our SEC opponents. These guys have a history of more success at other schools. Just sad.

War Eagle !

Actually, not at all. I may have stretched it a bit but, the assumption has been implied multiple times that if the AU Admin doesn't hire BP it will be a guy that will never win on the level that is "expected". Deny it all you want, sir, but unless you're simply blind or unwilling to concede the obvious,- it is what it is! It's also abundantly clear that what I post is a continuing source of aggravation for you so I'll be sure not to disappoint going forward. War Eagle!

There's stretching, and there's bull****. You are firmly ensconced in the latter.

The *worry* is that Auburn, if they do not hire BP, will do the typical Auburn hire of plucking someone from relative obscurity because he's a nice guy the good ol' boys can control. Because that seems to be our MO and that crap won't fly in this league anymore. Maybe back when we were up against guys like Ray Goff, Lou Holth, Gerry Dinardo, Sly Croom, Mike Shula, Ron Zook and so on that might work. Not anymore. You go get a predator or you get eaten against Saban, Miles, Spurrier, Richt, and the others in this league. Arky and UT will certainly do serious upgrades as well and Sumlin and Muschamp aren't pushovers.

So I'm fine not getting BP if we get a guy like Jeff Fisher or Bob Stoops or someone of that stature. But my sights are set on something better than just a mere upgrade from Chizik. Scores of coaches are an upgrade from a 3-9 dumpster fire. Mere upgrades are for the Ole Misses of the football world. I expect to win championships and to stay in the mix for them regularly, not catch lightning in a bottle once then drop off a cliff.

There's stretching, and there's bull****. You are firmly ensconced in the latter.

The *worry* is that Auburn, if they do not hire BP, will do the typical Auburn hire of plucking someone from relative obscurity because he's a nice guy the good ol' boys can control. Because that seems to be our MO and that crap won't fly in this league anymore. Maybe back when we were up against guys like Ray Goff, Lou Holth, Gerry Dinardo, Sly Croom, Mike Shula, Ron Zook and so on that might work. Not anymore. You go get a predator or you get eaten against Saban, Miles, Spurrier, Richt, and the others in this league. Arky and UT will certainly do serious upgrades as well and Sumlin and Muschamp aren't pushovers.

So I'm fine not getting BP if we get a guy like Jeff Fisher or Bob Stoops or someone of that stature. But my sights are set on something better than just a mere upgrade from Chizik. Scores of coaches are an upgrade from a 3-9 dumpster fire. Mere upgrades are for the Ole Misses of the football world. I expect to win championships and to stay in the mix for them regularly, not catch lightning in a bottle once then drop off a cliff.

Game over, nail in coffin, :hammerin: hands down :hail: and I am :roflol: War Eagle!

Im mystified, I must confess, why you've taken my posts in such a seemingly personal way if thats truly your posiiton. Thats somewhat of a new take but thats fine with me. My position is clear and has never changed. I dont know whats going to happen but Im willing to patiently wait and see. Im not joining the mob thats ready to lynch the Auburn Admin before they have a clue whats going to happen. You seem to be willing to enable that attitude and thats fine if you believe that reflects the Auburn way. Im for letting the situation play out then assess the fruits of the hiring efforts after the fact, Whining incessantly,and an awful lot of that has occurred in this thread whether you'll admit it or not, about the failures of the process before it delivers the result, is childish, unbecoming of our fanbase and a supreme waste of bandwidth And let me add that, the biggest part of the projected failure is based on the assumption that BP is overlooked in that process and Im fine with overlooking him and therein is the big divide.

Dont know if its true but been hearing from Bama fans that Au is interested in Kirby Smart.. And the rumer is he is interested in AU...

I'm okay with that as long as he brings in a knockout OC and doesn't get caught stealing signals from the opposing teams he faces.

I think he is a third or fourth option though

Dont know if its true but been hearing from Bama fans that Au is interested in Kirby Smart.. And the rumer is he is interested in AU...

Of course they are saying this. Its strokes the bammer superiority complex.

Don't argue with him TT, he wants us to be an 8-5 warm and fuzzy family. He doesn't want to win championships because we will resemble bama. And God knows we can't do that.

I don't think so, he just does not want Petrino to be the head coach. Remember nice guy Gene Chizik has a shiny ring, undefeated season and win over Lord Farquar ...

Archived