Saban and Browns...more than rumor???

AEAugirl

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good article to get the attention of the bammers.

Saban is 61. He has 4 more seasons if he retires at 65.

If he leaves now or retires now he already has his legacy,

Will have to wait and see what happens.

Bama would pay Saban 20M a year to stay so at least Saban will get a much needed pay raise out of all of this. And by much needed I mean taking advantage of his situation.

Honestly, I want Saban to stay in Tuscaloosa. We owe him a few ass-whippings before he retires. I want Gus to keep his foot on the gas pedal the ENTIRE game in the Iron Bowl this year. Wouldn't mind seeing AU 73 - UA 10, with all starters playing for AU until the last second of the game.

Honestly, I want Saban to stay in Tuscaloosa. We owe him a few ass-whippings before he retires. I want Gus to keep his foot on the gas pedal the ENTIRE game in the Iron Bowl this year. Wouldn't mind seeing AU 73 - UA 10, with all starters playing for AU until the last second of the game.

This is not so far fetched really. Saban's deal is recruiting and practice. If the game plan does not work, he seem unable to quickly adjust in the game, particularly for non huddle.

If Auburn's talent is coached up and the offense really jells, you could see an AU scoring exhibition like the one against Arky in 2010. Just need that offense to work

Purely unfounded idle speculation on my part, but:

I could see a scenario in which Saban told Kirby Smart, "Go ahead and interview with Auburn, see how much you can get out of them, but if they aren't going to open the vault and also agree to other conditions you ask for, be patient. There's an excellent chance you can stay here and be my unofficial heir apparent and "head-coach-in-waiting" because I'm thinking about taking one more shot at the NFL before I retire".

When I see it, I'll believe it.

File this under the same file as 'the packet'

<_<

Any day now....any day.

I could see a scenario in which Saban told Kirby Smart, "Go ahead and interview with Auburn, see how much you can get out of them, but if they aren't going to open the vault and also agree to other conditions you ask for, be patient. There's an excellent chance you can stay here and be my unofficial heir apparent and "head-coach-in-waiting" because I'm thinking about taking one more shot at the NFL before I retire".

I have thought about that too. I personally think Saban will retire at Alabama...but it would not surprise me if he left and tried again in the NFL. As for another college team, I think he would be foolish to go to another college program. I kinda think Smart is the unoffical head coach in waiting at Alabama. That, or he (Smart) does not think he is ready for a head coaching position. Who knows, I really doubt Auburn actually made an offer to Smart. Im pretty sure that Auburn had CGM targeted for quite some time.

You do realize Saban took mercy on us this year dont you? He could have left the starters in and hung 80 on us.

You do realize Saban took mercy on us this year dont you? He could have left the starters in and hung 80 on us.

Make that a hunnert!

Yes, but not really mercy. A certain All American and probably would have been NFL all star at UAT is now working in a bank because his coach left him in the game trying to score more points............ Pull your staters when you do not need them or risk losing them

This is not so far fetched really. Saban's deal is recruiting and practice. If the game plan does not work, he seem unable to quickly adjust in the game, particularly for non huddle.

If Auburn's talent is coached up and the offense really jells, you could see an AU scoring exhibition like the one against Arky in 2010. Just need that offense to work

Alabama adjusted to TAMU pretty well this past year....and almost dug himself out of a 21 point deficit with a slow speed conventional offense. So his gameday coaching can't be considered poor that's for sure.

I have thought about that too. I personally think Saban will retire at Alabama...but it would not surprise me if he left and tried again in the NFL. As for another college team, I think he would be foolish to go to another college program. I kinda think Smart is the unoffical head coach in waiting at Alabama. That, or he (Smart) does not think he is ready for a head coaching position. Who knows, I really doubt Auburn actually made an offer to Smart. Im pretty sure that Auburn had CGM targeted for quite some time.

You think Saban might be tempted if Texas calls in a year or so? He obviously has Bama on the right track. I wonder if at some point he might think there's only so much more I can do here, and would he like a shot at turning around another historically strong program and taking them all the way. On the one hand, he's never coached out there and may not know the lay of the land, but then again, who cares? The state of Texas has more talent than it knows what to do with, and Saban's name speaks for itself.

I don't pretend to have any insight into Saban, but if he desired to coach elsewhere in college for whatever reason, Texas seems a "big enough" school for him to go to.

i fully expect the field at bryant-deny to be named "saban field" and for saban to end his coaching tenure at alabama, after a long and impressive modern-day dynasty.

Bingo

I wonder why the Browns wouldn't go after Urban Meyer? He's younger, he's a winner and he already lives in Ohio.

Saban used to be defense coach for the Browns from 91-94. Most of the browns fans did not want him to leave to be the HC at Michigan Sate and wanted Saban to stay to become the HC of the Browns.

You think Saban might be tempted if Texas calls in a year or so? He obviously has Bama on the right track. I wonder if at some point he might think there's only so much more I can do here, and would he like a shot at turning around another historically strong program and taking them all the way. On the one hand, he's never coached out there and may not know the lay of the land, but then again, who cares? The state of Texas has more talent than it knows what to do with, and Saban's name speaks for itself.

I don't pretend to have any insight into Saban, but if he desired to coach elsewhere in college for whatever reason, Texas seems a "big enough" school for him to go to.

Maybe, and he would do well in that state too. Remember LSU gets a ton of kids from Texas also. I dont think knowing the lay of the land would be a problem. He seems pretty content at Alabama, of course who knows what he or any other coach is really thinking. The day after the BCSCG he could come out and retire.....or take another job. If that happens, ill be greatful for what he did at Alabama and wish him luck and hope that we can beat his tail when the time comes.

Maybe, and he would do well in that state too. Remember LSU gets a ton of kids from Texas also. I dont think knowing the lay of the land would be a problem. He seems pretty content at Alabama, of course who knows what he or any other coach is really thinking. The day after the BCSCG he could come out and retire.....or take another job. If that happens, ill be greatful for what he did at Alabama and wish him luck and hope that we can beat his tail when the time comes.

I've talked to many UAT fans about how they would feel if NS left to coach elsewhere. And, at this point (taking that team to 3 BCSNC's in the last 4 years), they said that he has way exceeded any expectations they ever had for him at UAT. They pretty much said the same thing you did, they'd thank him for what he did and wish him well if he left. IMO, if he does leave, he would leave that program in better shape than when he left LSU, and they it should be a pretty big attraction for a big time/proven coach.

Archived