2013 5* DE Chris Jones (Miss State signee)

SuperNova

Kid has a chance to be a stud. Just got his 4th star, so probably going to get a pile of offers over the next few weeks. Heard he and CMS were really tight and him leaving for AU has a lot to do with the decommitment. It's anyone's guess, but I have to think we have at least an outside chance.

Chris Jones went on a tear at the AL-MS all star game and will be a highly rated 4 star possible 5 star candidate on all major sites if he has a repeat performance at the Under Armour AA Game.

Miss St guys have been saying that before MS left, Chris Jones had not even given the time of day to other coaching staffs. So it is impossible to tell how much of this is just rumor mill chugging along or he is actually opening up recruitment until legit news comes out

Chris Jones went on a tear at the AL-MS all star game and will be a highly rated 4 star possible 5 star candidate on all major sites if he has a repeat performance at the Under Armour AA Game.

Miss St guys have been saying that before MS left, Chris Jones had not even given the time of day to other coaching staffs. So it is impossible to tell how much of this is just rumor mill chugging along or he is actually opening up recruitment until legit news comes out

So you're saying he's just like Dee Liner: the only "flip" is in the flipping minds of rival fans?

I am saying that until Chris Jones makes a comment or some actually solid evidence comes out saying he has decommitted it is going to be tough to tell what is happening on this kid

Does anyone have reason to believe that Jones has a strong relationship with Melvin Smith? Smith wasn't his lead recruiter and wasn't going to be his position coach. I'm just trying to determine where this rumor started. I haven't seen anything that makes me think he may be thinking about decommitting from Mississippi State.

Scout has him ranked #8 at DE ahead of Lawson, who they have only at #11. :dunno:

dont look at scouts rankings they are GARBAGE if you wanna look at ratings go to 247 or rivals don't waste your time on scout.

where do you see it rumored that he is decomitting from Mississippi State? He's rated very highly on 247.

One of my friends told me that Chris Jones was looking around and would probably de-commit from Miss State and that Ole Miss was trying to get him. Just wondering if anyone else heard anything.

Does anyone have reason to believe that Jones has a strong relationship with Melvin Smith? Smith wasn't his lead recruiter and wasn't going to be his position coach. I'm just trying to determine where this rumor started. I haven't seen anything that makes me think he may be thinking about decommitting from Mississippi State.

You mean like Trooper and nearly every recruit we signed over the past 4 yrs...

A recruit doesn't necessarily form the highest bond with his main recruiter or position coach.

Scout has him ranked #8 at DE ahead of Lawson, who they have only at #11. :dunno:

dont look at scouts rankings they are GARBAGE if you wanna look at ratings go to 247 or rivals don't waste your time on scout.

Yes I know, hence the shaking of the shoulders. I'm stuck with a membership for now and trying to decide which site to switch to once my scout subscription is up.

You mean like Trooper and nearly every recruit we signed over the past 4 yrs...

A recruit doesn't necessarily form the highest bond with his main recruiter or position coach.

I'm aware that Trooper recruited a lot of players at other positions. My questions is specifically 'does anyone know whether Melvin Smith was close to Jones?' Without that connection, I'm not sure how AU would fit into this equation at this stage of the game.

My questions is specifically 'does anyone know whether Melvin Smith was close to Jones?' Without that connection, I'm not sure how AU would fit into this equation at this stage of the game.

MSU fan here...

Melvin was in no way attached to Chris Jones' recruitment. That's all Chris Wilson and has been from the start...

Melvin's move helps you with 4 potential players -- Kailo Moore, Tony Conner, Jalen Ramsey, and MacKensie Alexander -- although the last 3 have Brewster as primary recruiter and best MSU contact

My questions is specifically 'does anyone know whether Melvin Smith was close to Jones?' Without that connection, I'm not sure how AU would fit into this equation at this stage of the game.

MSU fan here...

Melvin was in no way attached to Chris Jones' recruitment. That's all Chris Wilson and has been from the start...

Melvin's move helps you with 4 potential players -- Kailo Moore, Tony Conner, Jalen Ramsey, and MacKensie Alexander -- although the last 3 have Brewster as primary recruiter and best MSU contact

Thanks for posting.

Archived