Chris Denson out with Stress Fracture

around4ever

Feel bad for them both. But the season was lost before heading into conference play anyway so it doesn't change anything. No matter what happens on the court at this point CTB will get at least two more years to prove that he can assemble a group of athletes capable of beating good basketball teams.

Feel bad for them both. But the season was lost before heading into conference play anyway so it doesn't change anything. No matter what happens on the court at this point CTB will get at least two more years to prove that he can assemble a group of athletes capable of beating good basketball teams.

That's the stupidest statement I've read here in a while. Do you have this defeatest attitude about everything else in your life?

That's the stupidest statement I've read here in a while. Do you have this defeatest attitude about everything else in your life?

Not sure how acknowledging our 5-7 record is a defeatist attitude. If you want to pretend AU still has a chance at the NCAA tourney that's fine but not realistic.

Well that's a profound statement...

Soooo, you don't think Barbee will get 2 more years?

saying that the season is over already is a pretty stupid statement. Have you seen how bad the SEC is this year? We have a good shot at winning a good bit of ball games in confrence play.

saying that the season is over already is a pretty stupid statement. Have you seen how bad the SEC is this year? We have a good shot at winning a good bit of ball games in conference play.

I disagree, the season is lost unless you are stupid enough to think the NIT = a successful year. And I didn't say the season was over. I said the season was lost. You don't under 500 against a super soft OOC schedule while playing in the SEC and still get a sniff at being one of the 68 teams in NCAA tourney. The selection committee will also know how bad the SEC is. We could win the conference tournament and still get in but that sounds pretty far fetched considering UF, Mizzou, and Kentucky are in the league.

Considering where our program has been the past 10 years or so the NIT would have to be considered a moderate success. It's at least a step in the right direction for Barbee.

I and just about everybody else would say NIT would be pretty successful. It's only Barbee's third year, making the NIT is successful if you ask me and just about everybody else.

+1

I and just about everybody else would say NIT would be pretty successful. It's only Barbee's third year, making the NIT is successful if you ask me and just about everybody else.

No good teams start out the year with a goal of playing in the NIT. And In year 3 a coach should not be losing to teams like Rhoad Island and Winthrop. This is basketball not football where it takes years of rebuilding. Oh and 68 teams will be in the NCAA tournament and once again AU will not be one of them. If CTB can turn it around and for the first time in his 3 years AU starts playing defense and develops an actual offense and wins the SEC tournament then great. But nothing i have seen so far makes me think that is possible.

saying that the season is over already is a pretty stupid statement. Have you seen how bad the SEC is this year? We have a good shot at winning a good bit of ball games in confrence play.

It's not stupid to say that. You may disagree and that's cool but this here is the interweb my friend and all any of us morons on here have are opinions, including you. Will he still be stupid if we wind up .500 in league play? I see in later posts that a berth in the NIT will be considered a success. I disagree with that but won't call people who think that stupid. We cool.

No good teams start out the year with a goal of playing in the NIT. And In year 3 a coach should not be losing to teams like Rhoad Island and Winthrop. This is basketball not football where it takes years of rebuilding. Oh and 68 teams will be in the NCAA tournament and once again AU will not be one of them. If CTB can turn it around and for the first time in his 3 years AU starts playing defense and develops an actual offense and wins the SEC tournament then great. But nothing i have seen so far makes me think that is possible.

We arent a good team though, thats why I say the NIT would be sucessful. And the program Barbee inherited is going to be like football and take some time to rebuild. Right now the honest truth is we are probably 2 years away from being where we want to be.

With the way our team has been for the past several years, Any post season would be a HUGE success. Anyone who's saying different is not being truthful to themselves or this program. This isnt football here people. AU basketball is a bottem of the bottle team. With the players and coaching we have right now, we arent going to just magically wake up and start playing NCAA tourney basketball.

saying that the season is over already is a pretty stupid statement. Have you seen how bad the SEC is this year? We have a good shot at winning a good bit of ball games in conference play.

I disagree, the season is lost unless you are stupid enough to think the NIT = a successful year. And I didn't say the season was over. I said the season was lost. You don't under 500 against a super soft OOC schedule while playing in the SEC and still get a sniff at being one of the 68 teams in NCAA tourney. The selection committee will also know how bad the SEC is. We could win the conference tournament and still get in but that sounds pretty far fetched considering UF, Mizzou, and Kentucky are in the league.

I don't see that ,man. I see a team beating an above average Florida State team and taking Illinoise to the wire at their home away from home in spite of 20 turnovers. A team has to learn to play together,and freshmen have to learn to play at a college level. I see both things happening,and some young guys getting good minutes because of the stress fractures. I see AU getting better week by week and capable of surprising a team or two down the road. Look at HOW we lost most of those games. Turnovers and/or cold shooting. The effort seems much better now,probably the result of less "thinking" by the new guys gaining some experience and learning their teammates. I'm just a little bit excited for the first time in 5 or 6 years.

I don't see that ,man. I see a team beating an above average Florida State team and taking Illinoise to the wire at their home away from home in spite of 20 turnovers. A team has to learn to play together,and freshmen have to learn to play at a college level. I see both things happening,and some young guys getting good minutes because of the stress fractures. I see AU getting better week by week and capable of surprising a team or two down the road. Look at HOW we lost most of those games. Turnovers and/or cold shooting. The effort seems much better now,probably the result of less "thinking" by the new guys gaining some experience and learning their teammates. I'm just a little bit excited for the first time in 5 or 6 years.

I am with you here. If you look at an earlier season game like Murray State, we got blown out by a talented but smaller school. Frankie did almost all of the scoring, defense wasn't very good and we had problems with turnovers early in the season. But not watch the Illinois and FSU games. Better (downright good Defense, fewer turnovers, bigs playing better, scoring more evanly distributed, 3 pt percentages up. This team is definitely improving. We still have a long way to go, but these guys are fighting and are going to win a lot more games if they keep improving.

With the way our team has been for the past several years, Any post season would be a HUGE success. Anyone who's saying different is not being truthful to themselves or this program. This isnt football here people. AU basketball is a bottem of the bottle team. With the players and coaching we have right now, we arent going to just magically wake up and start playing NCAA tourney basketball.

this^^^

this^^^

I agree with the bold part too. However teams with less talent than AU will make the Tourney.

Archived