2013 3* JUCO S Duron Singleton (Missouri signee)

AubTigers

Wow. I didnt think we needed that much help at Safety. Bring 'em in Gus!

Apparently you didn't see many of our games last year! :Sing:

Apparently you didn't see many of our games last year! :Sing:/>

You beat me to it! :). x 2

I suspect we move whitehead back to corner. They seem to be focusing on bigger safties.

Agree, And I like the idea.

Bad news for meat though.

Who is meat?

McNeil

Sounds to me that coaches are looking for immediate help and also not taking chances that some of the HS recruits will pick up the wrong hat on LOI day.

We have a huge number of "maybes' out there and looks like Gus and the other coaches are moving on to get a class together that can contribute this year...with or without some of the prima donna HS kids who are still trying to decide which school they will honor with their presence.

Sounds to me that coaches are looking for immediate help and also not taking chances that some of the HS recruits will pick up the wrong hat on LOI day.

We have a huge number of "maybes' out there and looks like Gus and the other coaches are moving on to get a class together that can contribute this year...with or without some of the prima donna HS kids who are still trying to decide which school they will honor with their presence.

^^^THIS^^^ With the way our defense played last year we can't afford to take any chances on kids with big egos. We need players. But I hope we do get the freshman we want.

Remember guys,our new DC likes a 4-3 with one "hybrid" player ,who can cover,stop the run,and rush the passer. Looking at the stats on some of these guys,they appear to be tweeners to me. A little big or a tick slow for a true safety,a little smaller but fast for a linebacker. With a little conditioning and nutrition,guys like this gain 5 or 10 lbs and lose no speed. Seems like a fit to me.

That's the way I read it and I like it. We are moving on and if any kid wants to be a part of it then get on board but we aren't waiting around. Plus, there is also the fact that with the 4-2-5 we need bigger safeties and more of them.

Apparently you didn't see many of our games last year! :Sing:/>

Lol! Good point

If they bring in 2 JUCO Safeties that means they are not confident in any safeties currently on the roster.

I agree about Whitehead. I thought he played well at corner his FR year and looked clueless last year.

That's the way I read it and I like it. We are moving on and if any kid wants to be a part of it then get on board but we aren't waiting around. Plus, there is also the fact that with the 4-2-5 we need bigger safeties and more of them.

That is why I am so glad to see us getting these guys. I loved the idea of the switch on D, but I was worried about our players fitting into the mold. Bringing in some new guys to fit in the between positions and putting some of our exisiting guys in the best spots for them could really work. I like the way this is headed.

Back in the day...Will Herring played some safety and he was a pretty big guy with average speed I guess...but he had a nose for the ball and did better than OK. Moved to LB his last season and then on to the NFL.

I like the idea of a real "hitter" at safey. Maybe this guy is one of those types?

Back in the day...Will Herring played some safety and he was a pretty big guy with average speed I guess...but he had a nose for the ball and did better than OK. Moved to LB his last season and then on to the NFL.

I like the idea of a real "hitter" at safey. Maybe this guy is one of those types?

+1

I like this newfound interest in big safety types.

The way our coaches are addressing the defensive issues with tackles, safeties and possible linebackers from the Jr College ranks tells me they see the problems and are not going to wait to develop the answers. Good way to build back quickly and work with the younger talent.

The way our coaches are addressing the defensive issues with tackles, safeties and possible linebackers from the Jr College ranks tells me they see the problems and are not going to wait to develop the answers. Good way to build back quickly and work with the younger talent.

Plug the holes with ready-to-go players and then develop are current and incoming class...these Jucos will go a long way to providing us with depth and experience next year, and we need it.

The fact that we are going after so many juco defensive players will do several things. I think the main thing that it is sending is a message to the current players. Even if we don't sign any more defensive juco's, the message has been sent: more is expected and that any less will not be tolerated. A message that is needed, Satan sent the same message to his players, if you are not going to put in what it takes to be your best, I am not going to waste my time or my staff's time with you. Processing, yes, but players got the message and the results speak for themselves.

JUCO players are also hungrier than callow high school youths.

Archived