2013 3* CB Jahmere Irvin-Sills (Miss State signee)

RunInRed

Jahmere Irvin-Sills (CB) just committed to Auburn, from Eastern Christian Academy.

Jahmere Irvin-Sills, childhood friend of former AU signee Angelo Blackson.

Auburn jumps Notre Dame to No. 9 in 2013 Rivals Team Rankings after 11th commit.

@JHokanson

4_506032.jpg

Jahmere Irvin-Sills, CB

Elkton, MD

5'10 / 173 / 4.53

Offers: Boston College, Connecticut, Hawaii, Houston, Maryland, Mississippi, NC State, Rutgers, Southern Miss, Temple and West Virginia, among others.

247Sports: 3*

Rivals: 3*

Scout: 3*

<iframe width="600" height="400" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wl3vgN-D7Tk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="600" height="400" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bDYVf_YL_PQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Irvin-Sills to Auburn probably not the last Eastern Christian commit to the Tigers between now and LOI Day. Just sayin

@rivalsmike

Jahmere Irvin-Sills is a player whose stock rose significantly this spring.

Auburn No. 11 in the 247Sports team rankings after Irvin-Sills.

@jcshurburtt

Eastern Christian Academy is also home to No. 1 OG Khaliel Rodgers and No. 2 DE Kenny Bigelow. Bigelow committed to Southern Cal.

@JHokanson

Check out this catch...

<iframe src='http://www.snappytv.com/snap/red-lion-game-on-saturday-watch-this-play-david-sills-qb-about-red-lion-christian-v-cardinal-mooney-on-fox-sports-ohio-prep-zone?w=480&h=302' width='600' height='400' frameborder='0' scrolling='no' webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

Via: http://www.snappytv.com/snaps/red-lion-game-on-saturday-watch-this-play-david-sills-qb-about-red-lion-christian-v-cardinal-mooney-on-fox-sports-ohio-prep-zone

Here's a nice Q&A from earlier in the recruiting process...

What positions are you wanting to play in college?

I’m wanting to play cornerback, kick return, and punt return.

Do you feel like you have a chance to start right away?

Yes I do. I feel like playing at Red Lion and now Eastern Christian Academy has prepared me to play at the college level right away.

Any college or NFL players that you look up to?

Morris Claiborne, Dre Kirkpatrick, and Jenoris Jenkins.

Any of those, or any others that you compare your game to?

I compare my game to those three because I’m fast, physical, and smart at the position.

I noticed your school plays some pretty good competition this year, what are some your goals for your senior year in high school?

My goals are to have no TD passes thrown on me and to show that I’m a shutdown corner.

http://goldandbluezone.com/recruiting/interview-with-2013-recruit-jahmere-irvin-sills/

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/06/defensive_back_jahmere_irvin-s.html

AUBURN, Alabama - Jahmere Irvin-Sills has never been to Auburn, but that didn't stop the defensive back from Elkton, Md., from committing to the Tigers on Friday night.

His best friend, Auburn defender Angelo Blackson, told him all he needed to know about the Tigers, and Auburn coaches Gene Chizik, Tommy Thigpen and Brian VanGorder finished the job on recent recruiting visits.

(More in linked article..)

Lovin' the idea that we can draw someone from as far away as Maryland by reputation, word-of-mouth, and coaches' personalities alone, without them even seeing the campus!! :thumbsup:

[Of course, once someone visits the campus and actually experiences the people and the beauty of The Loveliest Village, I don't how they can possibly consider anywhere else!)

Irvin-Sills to Auburn probably not the last Eastern Christian commit to the Tigers between now and LOI Day. Just sayin

@rivalsmike

Eastern Christian Academy is also home to No. 1 OG Khaliel Rodgers and No. 2 DE Kenny Bigelow. Bigelow committed to Southern Cal.

@JHokanson

281356_242549352435794_100000421932357_877981_2112856_n.jpg

@rivalsmike

@JHokanson

281356_242549352435794_100000421932357_877981_2112856_n.jpg

So wait, from the hat tags: Are Rodgers & Bigelow at Red Lion in Delaware or East Christian in Maryland? (I know Jaymere transfered from Red lion to East Christian.)

Red Lion dropped funding for their football team, so the majority of the team went across the state line and joined East Christian, with it being a private school, I don't guess the state they reside in matters.

Red Lion dropped funding for their football team, so the majority of the team went across the state line and joined East Christian, with it being a private school, I don't guess the state they reside in matters.

Thanks.

Congrats to this young man for making the right choice and to us for getting a quality individual to commit...but I'm a bit alarmed there's so much excitement over a 3 star (at this point) with offers (at this point) otherwise from only 3d rate programs.

• 6 months later...

Oh well, good luck. Sure hate the kid is about to miss out on the resurgence of Auburn.

He is not missing out on anything yet. He just opened it up for Auburn, WVU, UCLA, and Ole Miss

Not surprising that recruits are attracted to the coaches more than to AU because they haven't experienced

Auburn yet. Like most of our recruits, I had no first hand knowledge about AU until I attended. Being part of the school makes all the difference.

He was looking around before the coaching change.

any specific reason why? Was in the on field product, info from blackson, were we going in a different direction or just simply innocently unsure where he wanted to be?

He was looking around before the coaching change.

any specific reason why? Was in the on field product, info from blackson, were we going in a different direction or just simply innocently unsure where he wanted to be?

Probably just saw the writing on the wall with the old staff.

Ok I must admit I really wanted this kid to play at AU for some very selfish reasons. I'm sure he is a great kid and he sounds really smart in his interviews but I wanted him because he looked like he could have been a member of one of my favorite r&b groups from the 80's, FULL FORCE!

2011-topic-pages-music-full-force.jpgIrvin-Sills.jpg

Ok I must admit I really wanted this kid to play at AU for some very selfish reasons. I'm sure he is a great kid and he sounds really smart in his interviews but I wanted him because he looked like he could have been a member of one of my favorite r&b groups from the 80's, FULL FORCE!

2011-topic-pages-music-full-force.jpgIrvin-Sills.jpg

Really, one of your favorite bands? :glare:

Archived