Are we ever going to win??

AUgrad00

This team cannot score I see little improvement since Barbee took over to say many of us have losing fatigue with AU basketball is an understatement. It has been an entire freakin decade since Auburn made the NCAA tournament. That is unacceptable.

Furthermore we have three freshman where are they? Sha Johnson you out there? Brian Greene Jr where you at? Jordan Price you on the court? Little contribution from the freshman poor play and development from the upper classman makes for a bad team.

I dont support clipping Barbee I think he should be given at least two more years but if he doesnt get it done then tell him to hit the road and take JJ with him.

Another issue that needs to be addressed but never is it would help AU basketball if we did not have a shoe contract with UA but JJ doesnt understand that. I think that puts AU at a recruiting disadvantage.

All and all Its almost to the point I expect AU to lose and its a suprise if they win.

I mean that game last night was a display on bad basketball. Be nice if some of the "AU only football"

fans actually took notice of hoops.

I don't understand the shoes thing... Shoes are shoes.

You don't understand HS athletes then. We got converse my SR year and HATED them. I even lost the gel insert right before halftime about halfway through the season. Of course Nike was your only option to be "cool" and Converse were cheaper and less comfortable.

This team cannot score I see little improvement since Barbee took over to say many of us have losing fatigue with AU basketball is an understatement. It has been an entire freakin decade since Auburn made the NCAA tournament. That is unacceptable.

Furthermore we have three freshman where are they? Sha Johnson you out there? Brian Greene Jr where you at? Jordan Price you on the court? Little contribution from the freshman poor play and development from the upper classman makes for a bad team.

I dont support clipping Barbee I think he should be given at least two more years but if he doesnt get it done then tell him to hit the road and take JJ with him.

Another issue that needs to be addressed but never is it would help AU basketball if we did not have a shoe contract with UA but JJ doesnt understand that. I think that puts AU at a recruiting disadvantage.

All and all Its almost to the point I expect AU to lose and its a suprise if they win.

I mean that game last night was a display on bad basketball. Be nice if some of the "AU only football"

I don't know why you worry. Everything is ok because Pat Dye likes Jay Jacobs.............

It's very difficult to take the original poster seriously when he still can't form a properly constructed sentence. Surely a self proclaimed Auburn grad knows how to form a sentence correctly.

In response to war tiger....I assume he is a novel writer...some of us are not...so q the grammar police!!

Now in response to shoe companies they run AAU and high school basketball. For example if Nike sponsors a high school or AAU game or tournament they may dictate only Nike college programs are permitted to recruit at those events. Shoe companies and AAU coaches have a huge effect on college recruiting and the fact AU is under armor hurts AU in the recruiting trail.

SInce War Tiger is a know it all he can feel free to respond and expand on this subject instead of wasting his energy being the grammar police.

I guess War Tiger never gets on twitter.

Re the question: There is one good team in the SEC -UF

There are two pretty good teams in the SEC Miss and Ky

There are three fair teams in the SEC Bama, Missouri and Arky

There are eight bad teams in the SEC which includes AUburn

Since most of the teams are eiither not very good ...or downright bad, we have a pretty good chance to beat a few of them.

We've been close enough times (and won some of the close games) that I've got confidence that we will beat some of these bad teams and maybe even one of the fair teams.

Denson is coming around from his injury and I'm hoping Price is not far behind him. Meanwhile it seems reasonable that if a reasonably skilled basketball player launches enough shots at a goal, then a reasonable percentage of them should go in....and right now our guy are shooting way below what could be considered "a reasonable percentage" so statistics tells us that somewhere down the line they will have a hot streak sufficient to get their shooting percentages up into the 40s.

I didn't expect too much from our freshmen and thus am not as disappointed as some of you who thought that kids who dominated over shorter and slower opponents in HS would somehow come to college and dominate over older, bigger and faster opponents. ....and other than for a handful of the nation's top players, it just doesn't happen that way.

Patience Folks :wedance:

You don't understand HS athletes then. We got converse my SR year and HATED them. I even lost the gel insert right before halftime about halfway through the season. Of course Nike was your only option to be "cool" and Converse were cheaper and less comfortable.

I mean.... I played Football, golf, and baseball in high school. Football with Under Armour, golf with Adidas, and baseball with Nike. It just didn't matter to me. How is there no shoe Under Armour makes to satisfy the feet of our players?

I've noticed Auburn basketball. I've also noticed that I put on 6 lbs since Thanksgiving. Neither one impresses me very much.

I mean.... I played Football, golf, and baseball in high school. Football with Under Armour, golf with Adidas, and baseball with Nike. It just didn't matter to me. How is there no shoe Under Armour makes to satisfy the feet of our players?

How'd you play golf AND baseball? Both spring sports?

"I don't understand the shoes thing... Shoes are shoes"

I'm with you WarA..but of course I was in school at the time that who knew what brand of shoe they wore. All I knew about my baseball shoes was they were black leather with metal cleats and were a size larger than regular shoes to accomodate the wool socks and leggings (in Mississippi too) we wore no matter what the temperature. As for basketball, I think everyone wore black high top Keds back in the day.

I also like Barbee and thinks he should be given time. I think he has a very good basketball mind. He doesn't talk coach speak, he actually will talk specifics. With that said, I am not sure how many if any we will win the rest of the way. Outside of a 3 or4 game spurt, the team has not played well IMO. We always, seem to be out of control, foul alot and can not shoot free throws nor do we seem to be a very good rebounding team. With that said, I believe our current talent level is at the very bottom tier of this league. Outside of Sullivan I am not sure any other SEC team would want any of our players. The talent has to improve and it has to start next year. I believe we have to start seeing that improvement next year with a chance to win half of our SEC games.

To the last poster I think AU will be better without Sullivan it appears often we have four guys standing around awaiting for him to make plays. The offense not only runs through Sullivan it is Sullivan but he has difficulty creating.

Backside rebounding is terrible and Sullivan's passing isnt good either.

In response to war tiger....I assume he is a novel writer...some of us are not...so q the grammar police!!

Now in response to shoe companies they run AAU and high school basketball. For example if Nike sponsors a high school or AAU game or tournament they may dictate only Nike college programs are permitted to recruit at those events. Shoe companies and AAU coaches have a huge effect on college recruiting and the fact AU is under armor hurts AU in the recruiting trail.

SInce War Tiger is a know it all he can feel free to respond and expand on this subject instead of wasting his energy being the grammar police.

Funny how we never used that piss poor excuse when Lebo was having trouble recruiting.

2012-13 OVERALL RANKINGS

POINTS PER GAME

67.1 187th OVERALL

REBOUNDS PER GAME

35.7 150th OVERALL

ASSISTS PER GAME

13.5 135th OVERALL

FIELD GOAL PCT

.419 238th OVERALL

i just looked up the Auburn Basketball Stats.

i am ASHAMED of this team. How we can be this bad is just beyond me.

i was behind Barbee and Lebo for the longest, but no more. This team is not getting better, they are just awful.

We have no foundation. We dont do anything well.

Time for new blood, oh wait, didnt we just ACTUALLY SIGN BARBEE?

SMH...

http://espn.go.com/m...2/auburn-tigers

Not a novel writer, I just prefer to read intelligently written, thought out posts. It doesn't take a novel writer to know how to properly construct a sentence. Apparently a college degree doesn't mean you can write one either. :lol:

LOL. Not a know it all, I just know how to properly form a sentence. Good luck with that. As far as your latest ridiculous topic, NO, I don't believe this AAU / Nike association is remotely relevant to college a programs success.

stupid and irrelevant comparison. There is no word limit here like there is on twitter. Is that your ridiculous excuse for not knowing how to construct a sentence mr (alleged) college graduate? :lol:

Normally I would apologize for the thread hijack but when it starts unintelligible its not really a hijack.

I am an older guy and have no qualms about being politically incorrect. I played basketball until I was 42 years old, no college,just jr high,rec leaugue,HS,and outdoor ball. Very few people I played with after I was 16 were white,like me. The ones that were could shoot the rock. The ones that were black could shoot the rock. Where does AU find all these players that can't throw a freakin' rock in the freakin' ocean? Year after year,coach after coach. Is acuuracy shooting the basketball even a priority anymore? AU wins 100 more games in the last 20 years if players can hit wide open shots from the field and foul shots. I just don't understand. Jumping 2 feet over the rim is over rated. Being money from 15-25 feet is WAY under rated,IMHO.

It was ugly very ugly but Alabama looked pretty horid themselves good guys won. Feel good for those guys. Beat Alabama.

They missed a few shots they should have hit, but this really was a good defensive performance by AU and with all the misses uat had, AU only gave up 11 offensive rebounds. That's not bad.

I am an older guy and have no qualms about being politically incorrect. I played basketball until I was 42 years old, no college,just jr high,rec leaugue,HS,and outdoor ball. Very few people I played with after I was 16 were white,like me. The ones that were could shoot the rock. The ones that were black could shoot the rock. Where does AU find all these players that can't throw a freakin' rock in the freakin' ocean? Year after year,coach after coach. Is acuuracy shooting the basketball even a priority anymore? AU wins 100 more games in the last 20 years if players can hit wide open shots from the field and foul shots. I just don't understand. Jumping 2 feet over the rim is over rated. Being money from 15-25 feet is WAY under rated,IMHO.

I watch a fair amount of college BB and it's not just AU. And of course we saw Bama last night look even worse than AU....and UGa and USCe are not much better if at all.

As for shooters, you still have them in the midwest and northwest where most small to middle sized HSs are populated by white guys under 6'-4" and none of them are going to be slammng and jamming. The only way most of them are going to score is from outside. The Butlers and Gonzagas of the world have to depend on shooters since they rarely get the athletes that the SEC is noted for. ...and with teams like that, you don't turn your back on a kid standing out at the 3 point line like people do in the SEC against most guards in the conference.

Archived