2013 Depth Chart & Coaching Staff (Updated: 5/14/14)

WarEagleAU

I project I lot of new starters. Could be wrong, of course.

QB--Jonathan Wallace

RB--Tre Mason

HB--Jay Prosch

X receiver--Ricardo Louis

Y receiver--Sammie Coates

TE--CJ Uzomah

Off. tackle--Greg Robinson

Off. tackle--Avery Young

Guard--Chad Slade

Guard--Jordan Diamond

Center--Devonte Danzey

End--Dee Ford

End--Carl Lawson

Def. tackle--Jeffrey Whitaker

Def. tackle--Ben Bradley

Linebacker--Jake Holland

Linebacker--Cassanova McKinzy

Corner--Chris Davis

Corner--Joshua Holsey

Safety--Enrique Florence

Safety--Jermaine Whitehead

Talon--Kris Frost

K--Cody Parkey

P--Steven Clark

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I project I lot of new starters. Could be wrong, of course.

QB--Jonathan Wallace

RB--Tre Mason

HB--Jay Prosch

X receiver--Ricardo Louis

Y receiver--Sammie Coates

TE--CJ Uzomah

Off. tackle--Greg Robinson

Off. tackle--Avery Young

Guard--Chad Slade

Guard--Jordan Diamond

Center--Devonte Danzey

End--Dee Ford

End--Carl Lawson

Def. tackle--Jeffrey Whitaker

Def. tackle--Ben Bradley

Linebacker--Jake Holland

Linebacker--Cassanova McKinzy

Corner--Chris Davis

Corner--Joshua Holsey

Safety--Enrique Florence

Safety--Jermaine Whitehead

Talon--Kris Frost

K--Cody Parkey

P--Steven Clark

Talon? I thought it was called "star". Not bad, though.

• 3 weeks later...

Updated (3/2/13):

Added LB Harris Gaston.

Removed DT Devaunte Sigler.

CJ Uzomah added on slot WR.

Corey Grant is the scat RB.

Off-the-field coaches added.

With jon wallace's work ethic, why does everyone keep writing him off? As some have said KF's short and med range throw were awful last year, and he looked terrifed most the time when the camera went to him before a drive started. I just dont understand why people say we will be in trouble if JW gets the start

Updated (3/2/13):

Added LB Harris Gaston.

Removed DT Devaunte Sigler.

CJ Uzomah added on slot WR.

Corey Grant is the scat RB.

Off-the-field coaches added.

Harris Gaston? Has he come back?

My Guess At Depht Chart=

QB- Marshall/ Frazier/Wallace

WC-Smith/Bray

RB- Mason/Payne/Barber

JET-Grant/ Reed/ Ford

HB-Prosch/Fulse/Parks/Burgess

WR-Coates/Louis/Ray

WR-Uzomah/ Bray/Denson

LT- Diamond/Callahan/Adams (unsure if Coleman plays otherwise 2nd string and Adams to RT)

LG-Robinson/Kozan/Leff

C-Dismukes/Mix

RG-Slades/Danzsey/Fariyike

RT- Young/Miller

according to thing I read about S.Carolina's def under Ellis on bleacher report his he a standing lb package and he uses a DE in the postion did this with Eric Norwood and Devin Taylor)

LE - Lawson/Harrell/Daniels

DT-Bradley/Carter/Whitaker/Nero

DT-Blackson/Wright/Niles

RE-Ford/ Equae/Delaine/President

Standing LB-Owens/Sanders/Swain

LB-Frost/Landrum/Flowers

LB-McKinzy/Holland/Toney

STAR- King/Garrett/Mitchell/Gaston ? I guess he came back makes no sense he not gonna play anything but special teams

CB- Mincy/Hosely/White

FS- McNeal/Florence/Fisher

SS-Whitehead/Theirize/Smith

CB-Davis/Jones/ T Davis

Definite Redshirts :

Jeremy Johnson

Tony Stevens

Dominic Walker

Earnest Robinson

Marcus Davis

Montravius Adams (only one I could see not)

Kamyrn Melton

Khadari Harding

Daniel Carlson

Jimmy Hutchinson

I can see them redshirting Frazier has he got messed up by Loeffler's crap.

I don't get the "JUCO's were signed to play" idea. They were signed to compete for playing time. They've got to beat returners out before they play. We wouldn't have signed so many JUCO guys if Gus & Co. had had longer to recruit, so you could say, in our case, "JUCO's were signed because we couldn't get enough good high school guys."

I don't get the "JUCO's were signed to play" idea. They were signed to compete for playing time. They've got to beat returners out before they play. We wouldn't have signed so many JUCO guys if Gus & Co. had had longer to recruit, so you could say, in our case, "JUCO's were signed because we couldn't get enough good high school guys."

look throughout the sec and at auburn in the past....9 times outa 10 if a juco guy is brought in he's not gonna be riding the pine....even at bammer

According to what Gus said...the JUCOs guys were signed to address immediate needs. Apparently, there was a belief that the JUCO guys have maturity and added size gained from a couple extra years versus the HS recruits and from that standpoint are in a position to come in and play. Of course they're going to have to win the jobs in practice but it seems logical to me to believe they recruited JUCO players who this staff believes have the tools to make an immediate contribution to the team. Thats what I mean when I say these guys weren't signed to sit but the fact is they will indeed have to earn their PT just like every other player on the team.

My Guess At Depht Chart=

QB- Marshall/ Frazier/Wallace

WC-Smith/Bray

RB- Mason/Payne/Barber

JET-Grant/ Reed/ Ford

HB-Prosch/Fulse/Parks/Burgess

WR-Coates/Louis/Ray

WR-Uzomah/ Bray/Denson

LT- Diamond/Callahan/Adams (unsure if Coleman plays otherwise 2nd string and Adams to RT)

LG-Robinson/Kozan/Leff

C-Dismukes/Mix

RG-Slades/Danzsey/Fariyike

RT- Young/Miller

according to thing I read about S.Carolina's def under Ellis on bleacher report his he a standing lb package and he uses a DE in the postion did this with Eric Norwood and Devin Taylor)

LE - Lawson/Harrell/Daniels

DT-Bradley/Carter/Whitaker/Nero

DT-Blackson/Wright/Niles

RE-Ford/ Equae/Delaine/President

Standing LB-Owens/Sanders/Swain

LB-Frost/Landrum/Flowers

LB-McKinzy/Holland/Toney

STAR- King/Garrett/Mitchell/Gaston ? I guess he came back makes no sense he not gonna play anything but special teams

CB- Mincy/Hosely/White

FS- McNeal/Florence/Fisher

SS-Whitehead/Theirize/Smith

CB-Davis/Jones/ T Davis

Definite Redshirts :

Jeremy Johnson

Tony Stevens

Dominic Walker

Earnest Robinson

Marcus Davis

Montravius Adams (only one I could see not)

Kamyrn Melton

Khadari Harding

Daniel Carlson

Jimmy Hutchinson

I can see them redshirting Frazier has he got messed up by Loeffler's crap.

Not a bad chart... My only prob is McNeal. We can do better! (effort and ability)

I disagree DeMutruce McNeal was the 2nd best defensive player last year after Daren Bates. Some games he's be in on 10 straight tkls either solo or assisting. When you constantly gotta cover for the linebacker your gonna get dead legged and you dont get subbed out cuz back up a walk on and Florence was in the dog house. He had one bad game against Texas A &M where he missed alot of tkls but who didnt in that game their contioning sucked esp against that tempo.

He was involved in 90 tackles in 9 games injured for Clemson no stats for New Mexico St or Alabama didnt see either dont know if hurt or what. I was at work for Bama wouldnt have watched anyways. Thats alot of tackles for a saftey.

According to what Gus said...the JUCOs guys were signed to address immediate needs. Apparently, there was a belief that the JUCO guys have maturity and added size gained from a couple extra years versus the HS recruits and from that standpoint are in a position to come in and play. Of course they're going to have to win the jobs in practice but it seems logical to me to believe they recruited JUCO players who this staff believes have the tools to make an immediate contribution to the team. Thats what I mean when I say these guys weren't signed to sit but the fact is they will indeed have to earn their PT just like every other player on the team.

I agree. With the caveat that all players have to earn it, I think every one of the 6 JUCOs we signed will end up on the 2 deep. With the likes of Marshall, CAP and Danzey on offense and Bradley, King and Flowers on defense, I will be surprised if that doesn't happen. In fact I can see more than one of them probably being a starter.

:laugh: -- looks like you listed everyone but the grad assistants and the tackle eligible!

I am excited to see what happens with the QB race. CGM's comments about Marshall today were telling. Can Kiehl have a huge comeback? Will Wallace's work ethic put him on top?

Thanks again, WEAU!

What were CGM's comments and where can they be found?

:laugh: -- looks like you listed everyone but the grad assistants and the tackle eligible!

I am excited to see what happens with the QB race. CGM's comments about Marshall today were telling. Can Kiehl have a huge comeback? Will Wallace's work ethic put him on top?

Thanks again, WEAU!

What were CGM's comments and where can they be found?

GM's comments were in an interview after NSD. He said he felt NM could come in an help right away. He talked about his size, athleticism, ability to extend plays when the play called breaks down and his incredible arm strength, none of which will matter that much unless he can come in and adapt to the speed of play in the SEC. Thats what has plagued our current QB rotation more than anything else, IMO.

I disagree DeMutruce McNeal was the 2nd best defensive player last year after Daren Bates. Some games he's be in on 10 straight tkls either solo or assisting. When you constantly gotta cover for the linebacker your gonna get dead legged and you dont get subbed out cuz back up a walk on and Florence was in the dog house. He had one bad game against Texas A &M where he missed alot of tkls but who didnt in that game their contioning sucked esp against that tempo.

He was involved in 90 tackles in 9 games injured for Clemson no stats for New Mexico St or Alabama didnt see either dont know if hurt or what. I was at work for Bama wouldnt have watched anyways. Thats alot of tackles for a saftey.

I realize that McNeal had a bunch of tackles... but, how many did he miss? And to make it worse, his missed tackles were because of effort. Coaches commented on his effort & attitude several times last season.

He was demoted in fall camp because he "dogged it"... He didn't play against Clemson and got his panties in a wad! So he played the next few games giving sub-par performances (he had to because there was no one else to go to)...

It finally came to a head against UGA... Coaches finally pulled him for his lack of effort, and he was held out of the 2nd half. And he did not even see the field against alabama!!! To tell the truth, McNeal should've been done way before that!

Compound his lack of size and ability with his lack of effort... I see his playing time cut, big time! BUT, if the new staff can knock some sense into him, bust his butt in the weight room, and have an attitude adjustment... There "might" be some hope for him (maybe)...

Quarterback - Nick Marshall

Running Back - Tre Mason (60%), Cameron Artis-Payne (35%), Corey Grant (5%)

Half Back Jay Prosch

Split End (X) - Sammie Coates

Flanker (Z) - Trovon Reed

Slot Receiver (Y) - Quan Bray

Tight End - Ricky Parks

Left Tackle - Greg Robinson

Left Guard - Jordan Diamond

Center - Reese Dismukes

Right Guard - Alex Kozan

Right Tackle - Patrick Miller

Left Defensive End - Dee Ford

Defensive Tackle - Gabe Wright

Defensive Tackle - Ben Bradley

Right Defensive End - Carl Lawson

Mike Linebacker - Cassanova McKinzy

Will Linebacker - Kris Frost

Star - Brandon King

Boundary Cornerback - Chris Davis

Field Cornerback - Robenson Therezie

Boundary Safety - Mackenro Alexander

Field Safety - Jermaine Whitehead

After reading this I realized we have LB and S problems... Reminds me of last year.

Quarterback - Nick Marshall

Running Back - Tre Mason (60%), Cameron Artis-Payne (35%), Corey Grant (5%)

Half Back Jay Prosch

Split End (X) - Sammie Coates

Flanker (Z) - Trovon Reed

Slot Receiver (Y) - Quan Bray

Tight End - Ricky Parks

Left Tackle - Greg Robinson

Left Guard - Jordan Diamond

Center - Reese Dismukes

Right Guard - Alex Kozan

Right Tackle - Patrick Miller

Left Defensive End - Dee Ford

Defensive Tackle - Gabe Wright

Defensive Tackle - Ben Bradley

Right Defensive End - Carl Lawson

Mike Linebacker - Cassanova McKinzy

Will Linebacker - Kris Frost

Star - Brandon King

Boundary Cornerback - Chris Davis

Field Cornerback - Robenson Therezie

Boundary Safety - Mackenro Alexander

Field Safety - Jermaine Whitehead

After reading this I realized we have LB and S problems... Reminds me of last year.

You forgot hosely

text wall

You forgot hosely

I think Therezie takes his spot if he stays at CB. if RT moves to safety again (kinda hope he does and they leave him alone) then I would bet Hosley takes the second corner spot. No way Hosely starts over Davis.

Over davis no but I think he has the other spot....overall good list....only other thing is the combo of blackson wright and bradley could go either way depending on the week and the same goes for de....I don't see lawson starting at game one but by seasons end maybe

Over davis no but I think he has the other spot....overall good list....only other thing is the combo of blackson wright and bradley could go either way depending on the week and the same goes for de....I don't see lawson starting at game one but by seasons end maybe

I agree with you on the DTs I think Bradley will be motivated and I think he will beat out Blackson. but we will have 4 guys running in and out at that spot.

I think Lawson ends up with starter numbers... He might not be on the screen as the starter on day 1 but he will be by the end of the year.

I am shocked no one threw more of a fit over Mackenro Alexander...

His size is fine for a saftey 6'2 195-200 range in weight. The whole defense gave up after 1 qtr of Texas A & M thru Alabama to be honest not just him except Daren Bates.

I think our Safeties are weak. I think Therezie should move back and I think he should start at Safety. But unless I am wrong he is still at corner.

I could be wrong they could be motivated, I hope I am wrong...

Archived