2014 4* DT Elisha Shaw (Alabama signee)

TigerEye24

From a personal source, Jordan is all bama if Saban really wants him. It's a shame because Jordan is a great kid. Would love to have him at AU.

Likely does not have a commitable Bama offer.

Likely won't get a committable AU offer either. Mobility is a premium factor with Auburn's guards in Malzahn's system. Jordan doesn't have great feet and I can't see him having to pull a lot and doing it successfully. He'd be better served in a road grader type of role.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From a personal source, Jordan is all bama if Saban really wants him. It's a shame because Jordan is a great kid. Would love to have him at AU.

Likely does not have a commitable Bama offer.

Likely won't get a committable AU offer either. Mobility is a premium factor with Auburn's guards in Malzahn's system. Jordan doesn't have great feet and I can't see him having to pull a lot and doing it successfully. He'd be better served in a road grader type of role.

Agreed on all points.

• 1 month later...

Elisha Shaw is Bama bound.

No offense but I doubt that. He picks Ole Miss or UGA

No offense, but then why'd he list the turds as his current leader?

Just an observation but about half the kids in the state seem have Bama as their "current leader" ....often without a committable offer..or even an uncommittable offer.

I hope Gus and staff are looking into the background of these kids who take an AU offer because "it is there" but in reality will drop us like a hot potato if Bama makes a phone call. I don't get upset over the flips...if they have always wanted to play for Bama...and get the opportunity...then God bless them and good luck. BUT....most of those kids are pretty predictable so why waste the time and effort on them.

He is buddy/buddy with Nkemdiche at Ole Miss and if he doesn't go there he will be a leg-humper. I know he has us listed but the only shot we have is if he holds off and we dominate or least appear to be headed that way.

Miss State. count it.

If you are talking about him saying that a few months ago that is outdated now. He has since named Ole Miss leader and then said Ole Miss, Bama, and UGA are even. Also most projections have him picking Ole Miss or UGA. I have not heard any Bama rumblings on him in about a month.

If you are talking about him saying that a few months ago that is outdated now. He has since named Ole Miss leader and then said Ole Miss, Bama, and UGA are even. Also most projections have him picking Ole Miss or UGA. I have not heard any Bama rumblings on him in about a month.

AUeng, are you sure you aren't thinking about Daron Payne? He named sabear as his current BFF yesterday. If not then :dunno: cuz he (Shaw) is all Ole Miss/THuga currently.

Please reference the al.com article instead. Summarizing from premium sources is against AUF rules...and UGA did make the cut and was actually #2. http://www.al.com/sp..._dt_elisha.html

That list, in order, has the Tide followed by Georgia, Ole Miss, Auburn, Florida State, Miami and Texas.

why talk about a kid that AU has no chance in signing...makes no sense

The odds are long but since we are 4th on his list it's not no chance yet.

Better chance than most think. If he waits to see our on-field product, we will have a good shot come January.

Better chance than most think. If he waits to see our on-field product, we will have a good shot come January.

I will gladly accept your optimism pops over my previous stance! :bow: I do believe that if this season goes well that the sky is the limit for 2014 and beyond. Especially with the states of GA and FL sharing borders not so far away!

JMO, but I seriously doubt that we get this fellah, he is too far down the line for us. If we miss on the Williams kid from GA, then we will most likely flip the guy from University School (I think that's right) in Florida who is committed to Cincy.

Archived