2014 4* DT Elisha Shaw (Alabama signee)

TigerEye24

Yeah Hooks not making the grades really sucked. He looked good in Ole Miss's half/half spring game

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a position that I have concerns about. This is a position that a player needs development before being thrown to the wolves.

Whitaker (senior)

Ben Bradley (soph) JC

Blackson (junior)

Carter (senior) Still counts even though he is getting a look at DE.

Wright (junior)

Seagler (dismissed)

It seems to me that DE has been addressed fairly well but at DT we need some bodies.....

Nero (rsf)

Niles (soph)

Adams (true freshman)

Walsh (soph) Walk-on

I hope we pull one or two this coming year even if one is a JC.

The coaches plan on 3 or 4 DTs in the class FWIW

This is a position that I have concerns about. This is a position that a player needs development before being thrown to the wolves.

Whitaker (senior)

Ben Bradley (soph) JC

Blackson (junior)

Wright (junior)

Seagler (dismissed)

It seems to me that DE has been addressed fairly well but at DT we need some bodies.....

Nero (rsf)

Niles (soph)

Adams (true freshman)

Walsh (soph) Walk-on

Good but I have no idea who is on the list.

Shaw (states that UGA and UA lead after Big Cat)

Frazier ( we didn't make the top five on his list)

Gaillard (UF leads)

Mosley (UA leads)

That leaves two Juco's DT's that have offeres out to. Who knows who they are leaning to.

Lamin and Lawerence

IE: My fear

Whitaker (senior)

Ben Bradley (soph) JC

Blackson (junior)

Wright (junior)

Seagler (dismissed)

Nero (rsf)

Niles (soph)

Adams (true freshman)

Walsh (soph) Walk-on

Good but I have no idea who is on the list.

Shaw (states that UGA and UA lead after Big Cat)

Frazier ( we didn't make the top five on his list)

Gaillard (UF leads)

Mosley (UA leads)

That leaves two Juco's DT's that have offeres out to. Who knows who they are leaning to.

Lamin and Lawerence

IE: My fear

UGA leads for Gaillard. You forgot a couple. Dontavius Russell (UGA commit) and Kendall Baker. UGA leads for Russell, Baker, Gaillard, and tied on top with Shaw. Auburn should stay pretty hard on all 4 of them because there is no way UGA signs all 4 since there base D only uses 1 DT in there 3 man front.

And we have not even held Summer Camps as there will be kids that were "Tweener's" that grow an inch or two and add the needed weight over the off-seaon. Coach Garner knows all those guys and recruited them at THuga.

UGA leads for Gaillard. You forgot a couple. Dontavius Russell (UGA commit) and Kendall Baker. UGA leads for Russell, Baker, Gaillard, and tied on top with Shaw. Auburn should stay pretty hard on all 4 of them because there is no way UGA signs all 4 since there base D only uses 1 DT in there 3 man front.

Bingo. And yes, CRG should be able to flex his muscle with some of these guys.

So, what you're saying is that if things go in our favor, our DL's in a couple of years could be Montravius and Dontavius? PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN.

So, what you're saying is that if things go in our favor, our DL's in a couple of years could be Montravius and Dontavius? PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN.

Technically could but I doubt Russell flips.

And people say money can't buy happiness. Of course this is pure speculation on my part, however, this is the guy who seemed had his heart set on going to Bama or UGA. And after big cat which from all reports I saw was absolutely amazing only put Auburn at a distant third. I wonder what they have on the Grove that would be that nice....

Ok so this stuff kinda happened weeks before this past NSD. Recruits naming ole miss the leader out of nowhere. Sketchy..

Maybe he has a brother who just recently walked on at Ole Miss and they are promising a scholarship if Shaw signs in February.

Heard that Freeze is very good at selling the program and that is why the recruits are buying what he is selling. If Ole Miss has a good season this year they should continue to stay a hot program. Just the way it is right now, seems a little weird, but that is just how I see it.

I am not going to say anything fishy is going on at Ole Miss unless there some evidence.

Heard that Freeze is very good at selling the program and that is why the recruits are buying what he is selling. If Ole Miss has a good season this year they should continue to stay a hot program. Just the way it is right now, seems a little weird, but that is just how I see it.

I am not going to say anything fishy is going on at Ole Miss unless there some evidence.

I agree, I also don't like to accuse someone of doing what many accuse us of doing because even though there has been no evidence it still hurt our image even if it was just slightly.

And people say money can't buy happiness. Of course this is pure speculation on my part, however, this is the guy who seemed had his heart set on going to Bama or UGA. And after big cat which from all reports I saw was absolutely amazing only put Auburn at a distant third. I wonder what they have on the Grove that would be that nice....

was mot a distant third FWIW

Well my personal take: 1) Very good looking young ladies with deep pocketed daddies. Who now don't mind their little princess dating certain football players (aka Black Guys) 2) A chance to be in on the Re-Making of Rebel Football 3) Good Party Favors Ole Miss is able to bring all these together like few schools can. I just believe Freeze is the first to be able to get recruits to look past all the racial issues that have plagued that school for fifty years.

'Bout time someone played it...

racecard8lndu7.gif

:timeout: I went on a visit there my SR year of HS. AU has more than our fair share of local "talent" that is easy on the eyes but Oxford is on a level all it's own.

I dont think that there was foul play involved. UGA was the leader, but aren't they recruiting a ton of DTs this year? Also he may not want to play bama scheme. At Ole Miss he can play early and will have the help of Robert N. at his side. Also, we came out of nowhere to get our fair share of recruits last year.

Lawson, Daniels and Adams will no doubt do some recruiting with their play as well. I have questions with Shaw anyway. I'm certain CRG will find us a DT.

Archived