2014 5* DE Da'Shawn Hand (Alabama signee)

pado1974

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, DE ... we put 2 of them on the field at the same time and EJ's defense doesn't have them swapping sides so they can both be on the field at the same time.

LOL, yeah I get that they are both ends. The latter part of your response addresses my question. Just curious if having Lawson would limit Hands playing time. If they could both be on the field at the same time, that's a pretty good sales pitch.

The updykes are wringing their hands over the DH visit. A few are even conceding that he isn't going to UAt. They won't say he is coming to AU but I believe the term was "Hand's recruitment has taken a big turn." This is all great news but until he signs it means ZIP. It is fun to consider the front 4 we could potentially put on the field for 2014 and beyond however.

The updykes are wringing their hands over the DH visit. A few are even conceding that he isn't going to UAt. They won't say he is coming to AU but I believe the term was "Hand's recruitment has taken a big turn." This is all great news but until he signs it means ZIP. It is fun to consider the front 4 we could potentially put on the field for 2014 and beyond however.

Yes it would. These would be some pretty stout 4 man rotations in '14.

DTs- Wright, Blackson, Bradley, Adams.

DEs- Lawson, Daniel, Hand and 1 of (Delaine, Harrell, President or even Owens depending on how the LB thing works out.)

Expect to hear a new rumor about us any day now. If they think we have a chance at all a new rumor will need to be started.

Yes it would. These would be some pretty stout 4 man rotations in '14.

DTs- Wright, Blackson, Bradley, Adams.

DEs- Lawson, Daniel, Hand and 1 of (Delaine, Harrell, President or even Owens depending on how the LB thing works out.)

Don't sleep on Justin Thorton.

Will Hand and Lawson play the same position?

No.Carl prefers the right side. Hand prefers the left...Which mean he is in his right mind. ;D

Anybody got a summary?

Can't. It's premium right now.

Hopefully his visit this weekend kept us even with LSU.

You are getting Hand mixed with Thornton. LSU is the main competition for Thornton right now while Michigan and Va. Tech are the teams on Hand.

I was following the post above mine that said "don't sleep on Justin Thornton". Come on E, give me more credit than that!

I was following the post above mine that said "don't sleep on Justin Thornton". Come on E, give me more credit than that!

Well then quote it when the recruit is not the recruit in the thread title. lol :tease:

Two seriously great Auburn men are his high school coaches. His position coach at Auburn is a fantastic Auburn man who happens to be one of the best recruiters anywhere and Garner has sent a ton of guys to the NFL. If we don't get him its because he really wants to go somewhere else. Its as good a situation as we could have.

From the Birmingham News

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2013/05/star_defensive_line_recruits_i.html

The nation's top overall recruit, Woodbridge, Virginia star Da'Shawn Hand, was in Auburn for the weekend accompanying his head coach, former Auburn star Karibi Dede, who was in town to receive his doctorate from Auburn. The 6-foot-5, 245-pound Hand, who is the consensus choice of the recruiting services as the nation's top prospect for 2014, told Auburn Undercover that he was surprised by the visit.

“It exceeded my expectations,” Hand told Auburn Undercover. “I thought the visit was going to be real boring, I ain’t gonna lie. But it turned out to be good."

Entering the weekend, Hand listed the five schools he was most interested in as Virginia Tech, Michigan, Florida, Alabama and South Carolina, but now said Auburn will receive consideration for a possible official visit sometime this fall.

I think Hand is all about some CDC and CRG. I really like the fact it's VA Tech and UM we are up against instead of some others I won't name.

I think Hand is all about some CDC and CRG, and some southern cooking. The boy loves to eat. I really like the fact it's VA Tech and UM we are up against instead of some others I won't name.

Bama is in it too and I added something to yout post. Auburn rolled out the red carpet food wise.

I think Hand is all about some CDC and CRG. I really like the fact it's VA Tech and UM we are up against instead of some others I won't name.

Don't sleep on VT - Foster can recruit and he's in his backyard.

Don't sleep on VT - Foster can recruit and he's in his backyard.

For clarification for the audience that is VT coach Bud Foster, not to be confused with that other Foster who is not our bud.

I think Hand is all about some CDC and CRG, and some southern cooking. The boy loves to eat. I really like the fact it's VA Tech and UM we are up against instead of some others I won't name.

Bama is in it too and I added something to yout post. Auburn rolled out the red carpet food wise.

I'm the same way. I just feel like VT may be the ones to beat.

VT is going to be a VERY bad football team this year so I'll say it will come down to AU, uat & Mich. uat is going to beat VT like a drum opening weekend.

VT is going to be a VERY bad football team this year so I'll say it will come down to AU, uat & Mich. uat is going to beat VT like a drum opening weekend.

My only reason for saying that is the fact that they are the home team. Maryland was awful as well yet somehow they signed S. Diggs. Bet he wouldn't do that again.

Hand's been talking about enjoying and wanting to play with Wyatt Teller for the last year - that could end up playing out in all of this as well. Just another thing to think about that adds to the fun.

Archived