2014 5* DE Da'Shawn Hand (Alabama signee)

pado1974

AU may or may not sign Hand but AU will be in the mix till signing day no matter what you read or hear.

We will likely pursue him til signing day, but as long as we hear straight out of his own mouth that we aren't in his top 5, then we aren't in the mix. if we go win 8 or 9 games and play solid defense, we may jump into the mix.

Some of these kids will not consider us til we go obtain results on the field.

We are in the mix. Don't always read so much that is said publicly. Focus on the important stuff. If he does not come for an OV then we will be out. Plus WDEWDE has some good sources. He knows what he speaks.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I second E's post above. If we get an OV then we have a shot, otherwise we move on as DE is one position where we have some depth. And WDEWDE is someone that I trust as well. He's got the Hook-up!

• 4 weeks later...

@rivalsmike

The nation's No. 1 player, Da'Shawn Hand, has eliminated two schools from his top five and has named a top 3. More to come shortly.

Michigan, Alabama and Florida.

Da'Shawn Hand on Smashmouth: My top 3 is Alabama, Florida and Michigan.

Da'Shawn Hand on Smashmouth: Spent 4 days at Ala. They know how to put on a show down there. Players. Staff. They have formula for greatness

Da'Shawn Hand on Smashmouth: Will take 5 officials. Alabama, Michigan, Florida, USC and LSU. That's the list. Won't change.

Da'Shawn Hand on Smashmouth: Doesn't plan to graduate hs early. Wants to stay a kid as long as possible.

Da'Shawn Hand on Smashmouth: Says he's 6-4 1/2, 262, 10 percent body fat.

Da'Shawn Hand on Smashmouth: South Carolina prof didn't wow me. Va Tech doesn't offer sports marketing.

@KevinScarbinsky

Da'Shawn Hand on Smashmouth: Spent 4 days at Ala. They know how to put on a show down there. Players. Staff. They have formula for greatness

Da'Shawn Hand on Smashmouth: Will take 5 officials. Alabama, Michigan, Florida, USC and LSU. That's the list. Won't change.

Da'Shawn Hand on Smashmouth: Doesn't plan to graduate hs early. Wants to stay a kid as long as possible.

Da'Shawn Hand on Smashmouth: South Carolina prof didn't wow me. Va Tech doesn't offer sports marketing.

@KevinScarbinsky

that's gonna make this coffee go down smooooooth. great.

@KevinScarbinsky

Da'Shawn Hand on Smashmouth: But I'll tell you this: that Auburn construction site is Signing Day-flip material. War Damn Bricks and Mortar.

We are gonna have to yank the Doctorate degree from Coach Dede if it goes down like that! Guys, Hand is a great DE. However, he is in the same position as Nkemdiche was for the 2013 class. He got out to camps, he plays at a big-time school and has been physically mature for a good minute. I promise you if we sign Thornton, Sawyer and Williams we will be fine. Heck even if we miss on one we have other irons in the fire. CRG will provide us with DL, of that I have no worries.

All that said, I hope he ends up at Michigan. (Buck Fama!!!)

AU will be in this till the end.

Yes they will. You have to look a some of these tweets as over-reach at this point. I'm loving it!!

Michigan fans a fairly confident in Hand. bama fans lie/exaggerate so much it is hard to know what is really going on with them about Hand.

I hope we are an option for Hand that would be insanely AUsome.

Who moved this over to the rivals recruiting side. I'm telling you, I have a pretty good source on this, that AU will be in this till the end. I don't care what you read or hear.

I did based on his comments Is the info more recent than his Auburn visit a while back? If yes then it can be moved back.

Who moved this over to the rivals recruiting side. I'm telling you, I have a pretty good source on this, that AU will be in this till the end. I don't care what you read or hear.

I did based on his comments Is the info more recent than his Auburn visit a while back? If yes then it can be moved back.

Might have let that trigger-happy finger move too fast there, E.. At the same time, I can't source you or provide a link, so I'll just tell you, don't believe everything you read.

According to all reported quotes from Hand we are not in the picture. Lets turn up the heat on the ones that we are in the picture. There are plenty of goods out there.

Might have let that trigger-happy finger move too fast there, E.. At the same time, I can't source you or provide a link, so I'll just tell you, don't believe everything you read.

Be more specific Pops are you hearing anything right now on Hand and Auburn? You know I trust you

Be more specific Pops are you hearing anything right now on Hand and Auburn? You know I trust you

I probably have said too much already. Not saying he will sign with us, but don't forget him.

I probably have said too much already. Not saying he will sign with us, but don't forget him.

You have not said too much. Just needed to know if Auburn being on his radar was current. Thanks.

This is the most, uhm, optimistic outlook for any recruit this entire recruiting season. More power to ya, guys!

• 4 months later...

Has there been anything new on Da'Shawn's recruiting? I know this is a blast from the past but with our recent success AND his coach being an Auburn player.....

Archived