2014 5* DE Da'Shawn Hand (Alabama signee)

pado1974

Unless we win 10+ games I don't think we get this kid. Just my gut feeling

Respectfully disagree. We may not get the kid but it won't be because we don't win 10+ games. With the recruiters we have plus going 8-4 or 9-3 as I expect in turning things around every player the coaches want will take a hard look at Auburn.

I think we'll have a great recruiting class probably in the top 10 again but I just don't see us getting this kid in particular

We may not but a 10 win season as opposed to an 8 win season will not be a factor.

E, I don't think many of us will agree with your statement. You never know exactly what all influences the minds of different recruits. And a 10 win season in year 1 for Gus would be huge...

I don't think that 8 vs 10 wins is any deciding factor in itself...but winning 10 means that out of UA, LSU, UGA and aTm, we've beaten at least two. And that in itself is big...showing we can beat these kind of teams.

Big on the field yes but history has shown in most cases relationships win recruiting battles as oppsed to any record from the range of 7-5 to 11-1

• 2 months later...

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Free nugget from Bryan Matthews on Mr. Hand that seems a bit surprising.

I think there's an excellent chance he (Da'Shawn Hand) visits. I'd be surprised if he doesn't.
Link

I think there's an excellent chance he (Da'Shawn Hand) visits. I'd be surprised if he doesn't.
Link

Hopefully something comes of it

Unless we win 10+ games I don't think we get this kid. Just my gut feeling

Respectfully disagree. We may not get the kid but it won't be because we don't win 10+ games. With the recruiters we have plus going 8-4 or 9-3 as I expect in turning things around every player the coaches want will take a hard look at Auburn.

I think we'll have a great recruiting class probably in the top 10 again but I just don't see us getting this kid in particular

We may not but a 10 win season as opposed to an 8 win season will not be a factor.

E, I don't think many of us will agree with your statement. You never know exactly what all influences the minds of different recruits. And a 10 win season in year 1 for Gus would be huge...

I don't think that 8 vs 10 wins is any deciding factor in itself...but winning 10 means that out of UA, LSU, UGA and aTm, we've beaten at least two. And that in itself is big...showing we can beat these kind of teams.

I realize I'm only one person but I happen to agree with E here. If we get to 8 wins and the brand is physical, gritty type of football we will get everyone's attention enough so that it could swing a few kids but as E said it's the relationship built between the position coach/recruiter that is referred to time and again by the kids. Many need that father figure/mentor quality that is sought after by schools in need of a recruiter.

Link

No doubt. Don't sleep on the fact that two former AU guys coach there at this HS!

Link

No doubt. Don't sleep on the fact that two former AU guys coach there at this HS!

Now does this mean he visits for BCW or simply that he visits in general?

Link

Now does this mean he visits for BCW or simply that he visits in general?

No clue. He did not say anything else about it.

Basically the deal is this so far; We didn't have a chance for a visit with the other staff IMO. Now with Gus and Co. having two former AU players on staff and the fact that Hand has two coaches that played at AU as well (Not sure if they played with CDC or not) at his HS, Bryan Matthews feels we are in good shape for a visit. Right?

In other words, he's an AU lock!! :jossun:

8 wins this year would represent a stark improvement in our program. I'm with E, I think 8 wins puts us in play for many 4* and5* players. Don't forget, we have 5 0r 6 ex-recruiting cordinators on our staff.

Who are the former AU players that coach D Hand?

Karibi DeDe HC and T-Will DC.

We have checked #1 off the list of things needed to happen before he plays at AU 1) Get him on campus. 2) Make sure he loves his visit 3) Make sure Karibi and Travis stay on him 3) get him committed 4) Signs LOI to AU!

We have checked #1 off the list of things needed to happen before he plays at AU 1) Get him on campus. 2) Make sure he loves his visit 3) Make sure Karibi and Travis stay on him 3) get him committed 4) Signs LOI to AU!

Make sure to show him how much AU family we are! WDE!

@jcshurburtt38m

Nation's top prospect heading to #Auburn this weekend (FREE) http://bit.ly/ZCSRGN @Auburn247

When I posted the twitter link your post said something about Orlando Brown Jr. lol Did u copy and paste the wrong twitter link like I did? Haha

@jcshurburtt38m

Nation's top prospect heading to #Auburn this weekend (FREE) http://bit.ly/ZCSRGN @Auburn247

When I posted the twitter link your post said something about Orlando Brown Jr. lol Did u copy and paste the wrong twitter link like I did? Haha

Yup.! That's the great thing about editing and deleting on this site.

From what I am able to gather the mere fact that he is even coming means he is serious. He isn't a "see how many schools will kiss my butt" kinda kid.

From what I am able to gather the mere fact that he is even coming means he is serious. He isn't a "see how many schools will kiss my butt" kinda kid.

Reality is he figured he might as well come check Auburn out since Karibi is coming down this weekend

Good info. Just because his coach is coming here doesn't mean the kid has to jump in the car. Were he not interested, the fish are biting in Georgia and he could just stay there. Him coming has to be a positive sign.

Good info. Just because his coach is coming here doesn't mean the kid has to jump in the car. Were he not interested, the fish are biting in Georgia and he could just stay there. Him coming has to be a positive sign.

It is and I apologize if I made it seem otherwise.

It is and I apologize if I made it seem otherwise.

No apologies needed. I certainly understand he could just be pacifying his Coach out of respect. Dede has said however that he will never push AU on a player. He can't be blamed if he doesn't know anything bad to say about our beloved Auburn!

This could be fun...

Yes it could. I have seen several of the Top Recruits @ 247 have mentioned publicly that they want to play with him. It's just kids talking I know, but my point is having him even visit is awesome. Look what Nkemdiche did for freakin' Ole Miss for God's sake!

Archived