2014 4* QB Justice Hansen (Oklahoma signee)

ellitor

Eliminated us for Okla-freaking-homa?!?! Mr. Hansen - you are no longer my favorite and I will be taking my last name back now.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not surprised. I believe he is the Sooners #1 target and he grew up an OK fan if I am not mistaken. I think Doss is who AU will end up with this cycle with Cornwell more than likely going to bama. I still have hope at us getting in the Watson sweepstake as I think Chad Morris gets a HC gig at end of the year this season which might cause Watson to look around

Per 247, Justice Hanson released a top 2 today...

Oklahoma and Texas A&M

-that stinks.

It's not just they lead. He eliminated all other schools. This free tweet for example.

Sooner_Nation SoonerNation

QB Justice Hansen, down to #Sooners and #Aggies, talks about differences in practice structure at both schools: http://t.co/PXb03sK2w3 ($)

Its a long time to 2014 signing day.

Its a long time to 2014 signing day.

QB recruits dont typically flop around, and even if he was, it is unlikely that we'd be waiting until NSD to see who our QB signing was going to be.

Not surprised. I believe he is the Sooners #1 target and he grew up an OK fan if I am not mistaken. I think Doss is who AU will end up with this cycle with Cornwell more than likely going to bama. I still have hope at us getting in the Watson sweepstake as I think Chad Morris gets a HC gig at end of the year this season which might cause Watson to look around

Pretty much what I wrote a couple of weeks ago. No chance with Cornwell or Justice. Not the right fit. I do like that we at least recruit them as long as we don't spend too much time and money that could be better invested elsewhere for more critical needs. Watson on the other hand would be a great fit. I just think he is a longshot at best because he's probably looking for a place where he could contribute early. At the end of the day Doss is our guy and if we sign another QB/athlete it could be Moss who might get a look at QB then quickly settle into another position.

Hansen and Cornwell are not the best fits. Ross, Watson and the Kentucky Kid are really better suited to a HUNH offense but have enough ability as passers that you have to make an effort IMO. I am pretty happy with the QB position going forward with the ones we have. Whether its this year, next year or the year after that, JJ will be the guy for 3-4 years once he earns the start.

Hansen fits fine. Otherwise, how would he fit at Texas A&M (one of his finalists)? The kid from Kentucky fits no better than Hansen or even Cornwell.

Guys. Enough with this "he does not fit' mess. Apparently many have created this false myth that QBs in Gus's offense have to be a read/option QB. because of Cam's success. That is simply not the case. Gus has proved his offense can adapt to any mobile or pocket QB as long as he is efficient. For example, Chris Todd in 2009 had 22 Pass TDs (then Auburn record) and only 6 NTs. At Tulsa, in 2007 Paul Smith threw for over 5000 yards and 47 TDs. In 2008 David Johnson threw for over 4000 yards and 46 TDs. All 3 were pocket QBs that worked very well in Gus's offense. Last year at Arky St. Ryan Aplin actually had 60 less rush attempts under Gus than he did the year before under Freeze. The reality is a mobile QB is nice but far from needed or a necessary fit. Gus and Rhett Develop QBs period, regardless if they are mobile or pocket QBs..

Guys. Enough with this "he does not fit' mess. Apparently many have created this false myth that QBs in Gus's offense have to be a read/option QB. because of Cam's success. That is simply not the case. Gus has proved his offense can adapt to any mobile or pocket QB as long as he is efficient. For example, Chris Todd in 2009 had 22 Pass TDs (then Auburn record) and only 6 NTs. At Tulsa, in 2007 Paul Smith threw for over 5000 yards and 47 TDs. In 2008 David Johnson threw for over 4000 yards and 46 TDs. All 3 were pocket QBs that worked very well in Gus's offense. Last year at Arky St. Ryan Aplin actually had 60 less rush attempts under Gus than he did the year before under Freeze. The reality is a mobile QB is nice but far from needed or a necessary fit. Gus and Rhett Develop QBs period, regardless if they are mobile or pocket QBs..

:bow: thank you

:bow: thank you

My bad. The even worse part is I know CGM has been successful with a variety of QB's. It just seems logical that a mobile QB would be preferred for some reason.

For the record, I am agreeing with y'all.

Funny thing is, half of this guys highlights are runs from the read-option...

Sure, CGM's has adapted his offense to fit the available talent at QB but his preference is clearly a dual threat QB. Gus didnt recruit Todd or Alpin. He inherited them. I believe he inherited his Tulsa QB's as well. He did, however, recruit and sign Rollison, Newton, Frazier, Pike, Johnson, Marshall and Smith, all dual threat QB's.

Sure, CGM's has adapted his offense to fit the available talent at QB but his preference is clearly a dual threat QB. Gus didnt recruit Todd or Alpin. He inherited them. I believe he inherited his Tulsa QB's as well. He did, however, recruit and sign Rollison, Newton, Frazier, Pike, Johnson, Marshall and Smith, all dual threat QB's.

That was not the issue of the discussion. The issue is fit. Gus can adapt to and has excelled with any kind of QB so as I said before, enough with this "he does not fit" mess.

That was not the issue of the discussion. The issue is fit. Gus can adapt to and has excelled with any kind of QB so as I said before, enough with this "he does not fit" mess.

You are right E, but my original statement that he nor Cornwell were the preference of CGM began this. I still say all things equal I'll take a QB that can run as well as throw over a pure drop-back guy anyday. Not that he couldn't be successful because you are exactly right.

You are right E, but my original statement that he nor Cornwell were the preference of CGM began this. I still say all things equal I'll take a QB that can run as well as throw over a pure drop-back guy anyday. Not that he couldn't be successful because you are exactly right.

My posts were not directed at you. There are a few that said Hansen and Corwell are not "fits".

• 2 weeks later...

Other than Doss, who's left? I strongly believe we need to sign a top QB stud that no one thinks we have no chance in heck of signing.

Other than Doss, who's left? I strongly believe we need to sign a top QB stud that no one thinks we have no chance in heck of signing.

Watson is my #1 QB pick for the 2014 class.

At this point another one has not emerged. We have a whole season to go though. Some guys to watch however are Drew Barker, Zack Darlington, Cole Garvin, Will Grier, Tyler Harris, Rafe Peavey, and Luke Ward

Archived