2014 4* QB David Cornwell (Alabama signee)

PCBAuburnaFan

I agree with Altima. This is my number one target for qb. I know people like running qbs but I want one who first and foremost is great at throwing the ball( a qb) and can run when needed. That what this guy brings. Plus Gus can use any type of qb and work the offense around him. We have already seen gus do this with Chris Todd and then Cam . Two very different types of qbs who found success in the offense. This kid could be great with this offense and gus's teachings.

The kid has all the measurables but I would like to see him more accurate than the 56% completion percentage he had last season in high school.

So, you would rather have the KY kid than Cornwell? (Not being a smart-a$$, just curious E)

Not necesarrily. I also like Justice Hanson also.

I haven't really seen much on him. Would you care to make it easy on me? (i.e. post his profile so I can remain lazy today)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with Altima. This is my number one target for qb. I know people like running qbs but I want one who first and foremost is great at throwing the ball( a qb) and can run when needed. That what this guy brings. Plus Gus can use any type of qb and work the offense around him. We have already seen gus do this with Chris Todd and then Cam . Two very different types of qbs who found success in the offense. This kid could be great with this offense and gus's teachings.

The kid has all the measurables but I would like to see him more accurate than the 56% completion percentage he had last season in high school.

So, you would rather have the KY kid than Cornwell? (Not being a smart-a$$, just curious E)

My $.02, No!!! The "KY kid", Barker, has an awfully slow release and that is just one of those things that is soooo terribly tough to break. Cornwell has a fluid and very fast release. Ability to be accurate using multiple arm slots (aka has "arm talent")

My $.02, No!!! The "KY kid", Barker, has an awfully slow release and that is just one of those things that is soooo terribly tough to break. Cornwell has a fluid and very fast release. Ability to be accurate using multiple arm slots (aka has "arm talent")

There you have it folks. KK scouts players much more than I do.

Whoever we get, I just want him to be a real man of his word and still to hs commitment to Auburn. Not one of those guys who flips over like a fish evertime the wind blows.

BTW, I heard we've also been looking at Justin Hansen of Edmond, Oklahoma. Have yall heard if we've offered Justin?

Justin Hansen is my friends favorite qb this year and if you watch his highlights it is hard not to like him. They list him as a pro style qb but he runs all over the place. Really good looking prospect. He would be my # 2 for this class. Really like him.

BTW, I heard we've also been looking at Justin Hansen of Edmond, Oklahoma. Have yall heard if we've offered Justin?

Justin Hansen is my friends favorite qb this year and if you watch his highlights it is hard not to like him. They list him as a pro style qb but he runs all over the place. Really good looking prospect. He would be my # 2 for this class. Really like him.

Lol. There is no Justin Hansen guys. It's Justice Hansen. Link

We will get one of these QB's if things go well this fall. Why wouldn't a QB want to play for CGM? Seriously, can anyone see why a QB with a Good to Great arm and the ability to make plays with their feet not want to be in this offense?

Hey, I would to E. Knock em out, make a decision and stick with it. The recruiting game is exciting I'm sure. Everyoe treats you like a king. Then....it gets real.

E - Can you check with 23 or maybe KK knows, who is on top of our board at QB? We seem to have several we are looking at. I'm liking the OK kids myself but if we could sway Watson away from AUjr. (Clemson), I'd be thrilled with him as well.

E - Can you check with 23 or maybe KK knows, who is on top of our board at QB? We seem to have several we are looking at. I'm liking the OK kids myself but if we could sway Watson away from AUjr. (Clemson), I'd be thrilled with him as well.

Top targets in order are Watson, Cornwell, Hansen, Dodd.

Andrew Bone@AndrewJBone

Just had a great convo with #Rivals100 QB David Cornwell (@DavidCornwell5). He is set to visit #Auburn on Tuesday.

retweeted by E

To be followed up as soon as Bone thinks he is finishing AU visit with: "After speaking with 4* David Cornwell yesterday he indicated to me that (Choose one: UA leads/He is Silent to UA/He is a UA lock)"

Thanks, been trying to figure that out.

Are we taking 2 QB's this year?

I t will be interesting to see what is said after his visit today. For some reason he seems a more likely get than th others. I have not seen anything but has Watson given us any reason to think he is open? I think he said he was taking visits.

Bammer thinks they have this kid locked up... He's camping with them in June (so he can throw for them in person), and a decision will come soon after that...

Thanks, been trying to figure that out.

Are we taking 2 QB's this year?

The plan right now is one.

I t will be interesting to see what is said after his visit today. For some reason he seems a more likely get than th others. I have not seen anything but has Watson given us any reason to think he is open? I think he said he was taking visits.

unless the visit today is a grand slam I do not expect him to pick Auburn. Would love to be wrong though.

Bammer thinks they have this kid locked up... He's camping with them in June (so he can throw for them in person), and a decision will come soon after that...

They are in good position.

Archived