2014 4* QB David Cornwell (Alabama signee)

PCBAuburnaFan

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

He has a rocket arm. He may be a great one, whoever gets him. Just watched his Junior highlights on youtube. The kid is physically strong too. I would be shocked if Texas and Oklahoma were not all over him. He is way better than his HS competition. (man playing against boys)

Has a top4 4 but has not stated the schools publicly yet. My guess is Bama, UGA, Tennessee, and Va. Tech.

I would love to see Gus with a pure passer like this kid! Him + some take it to the house skill guys and I believe we would see some offensive #'s unlike any we have seen on the Plains!!!

My guess on Cornwell's final 4 looks to be partially incorrect. He is visiting Auburn on April 6th. He is still scheduled to commit on June 1st.

I would prefer Watson or some other dual threat QB over a pro style QB in Gus' offense, but the way he throws...I guess we could make room for him :hellyeah:

I agree with the above post that I'd prefer a mobile quarter back over a pocket passer but ill take either if the pocket passer is already making college level throws.

I thought Gus wanted dual-threat guys but I was advised that he can work with either style of QB. He may prefer it actually (I don't see it) if there are a couple of great backs and recievers for him to work with. Heck, bring him down, I'm sure we can find something for him to do. Lol

Guys, even though Cornwell has great pocket skills let's not stereotype him in a catagory that is not him. Yes he is a throw first guy but he is nowhere near a cement footed Ryan Mallett or Drew Bledsoe. Cornwell is very mobile. He had 755 rush yards last season in 128 carries. That's a 6 yards per carry average folks.

Guys, even though Cornwell has great pocket skills let's not stereotype him in a catagory that is not him. Yes he is a throw first guy but he is nowhere near a cement footed Ryan Mallett or Drew Bledsoe. Cornwell is very mobile. He had 755 rush yards last season in 128 carries. That's a 6 yards per carry average folks.

Agreed. I had not looked up his rushing stats but I assumed he was a very athletic kid. He's pretty darn strong to boot.

Does AL lead for Cornwell? I saw a tweet 5 days ago that said: "Had a great conversation with Coach Saban #Blessed."

Ech.

Does AL lead for Cornwell? I saw a tweet 5 days ago that said: "Had a great conversation with Coach Saban #Blessed."

Ech.

I think UGA will be a team to watch here if they offer.

Ech.

I think UGA will be a team to watch here if they offer.

They will from what I hear, but the fact that Richt has been signing out of state QB's has not gone unnoticed by local media. When the got Bryce Ramsey I was shocked. He has signed a few in-state but they don't ever see the field as a QB. I would like to hear Nick Marshall speak as to why he let them talk him out of going to a school that would let him at least try to play QB? Or did they pull the old Vince Dooley "Bait -n- Switch"?

• 2 weeks later...

Bryan Matthews ‏@BMatt247

4-star QB David Cornwell visiting Auburn (Free/Mobile) http://auburn.247sports.com/Board/Topic/42/17479007 … via @247Sports

4-star quarterback David Cornwell from North in Norman, Okla., is visiting Auburn Sunday. He also plans to visit Tennessee Saturday and Alabama Monday. He visited Auburn for a game last fall and is one of the Tigers' top targets

4-star QB David Cornwell visiting Auburn (Free/Mobile) http://auburn.247sports.com/Board/Topic/42/17479007 … via @247Sports

4-star quarterback David Cornwell from North in Norman, Okla., is visiting Auburn Sunday. He also plans to visit Tennessee Saturday and Alabama Monday. He visited Auburn for a game last fall and is one of the Tigers' top targets

This is the guy I want...

I agree with Altima. This is my number one target for qb. I know people like running qbs but I want one who first and foremost is great at throwing the ball( a qb) and can run when needed. That what this guy brings. Plus Gus can use any type of qb and work the offense around him. We have already seen gus do this with Chris Todd and then Cam . Two very different types of qbs who found success in the offense. This kid could be great with this offense and gus's teachings.

4-star QB David Cornwell visiting Auburn (Free/Mobile) http://auburn.247spo...c/42/17479007 … via @247Sports

This is the guy I want...

Between this kid and JJ, if Gus had both and couldn't get it done I would get worried. That would give us TWO QB's with very HIGH (that word again) ceilings. I'm not sure you will find two guys with MORE talent.

EDIT: I believe he signs with one of those three. (AU, bammer or UTe)

I agree with Altima. This is my number one target for qb. I know people like running qbs but I want one who first and foremost is great at throwing the ball( a qb) and can run when needed. That what this guy brings. Plus Gus can use any type of qb and work the offense around him. We have already seen gus do this with Chris Todd and then Cam . Two very different types of qbs who found success in the offense. This kid could be great with this offense and gus's teachings.

The kid has all the measurables but I would like to see him more accurate than the 56% completion percentage he had last season in high school.

The kid has all the measurables but I would like to see him more accurate than the 56% completion percentage he had last season in high school.

So, you would rather have the KY kid than Cornwell? (Not being a smart-a$$, just curious E)

So, you would rather have the KY kid than Cornwell? (Not being a smart-a$$, just curious E)

Not necesarrily. I also like Justice Hanson also.

Not necesarrily. I also like Justice Hanson also.

I haven't really seen much on him. Would you care to make it easy on me? (i.e. post his profile so I can remain lazy today)

Archived