2014 4* QB David Cornwell (Alabama signee)

PCBAuburnaFan

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bammer thinks they have this kid locked up... He's camping with them in June (so he can throw for them in person), and a decision will come soon after that...

They are in good position.

Yeah, attempting to read between the lines of his comments. I think a case can be made for the turds if you look at his choice of words in certain statements. I do believe he likes CGM and AU but the bright lights of Turd-a-loser may have him blinded.

Bammer thinks they have this kid locked up... He's camping with them in June (so he can throw for them in person), and a decision will come soon after that...

Yeah, attempting to read between the lines of his comments. I think a case can be made for the turds if you look at his choice of words in certain statements. I do believe he likes CGM and AU but the bright lights of Turd-a-loser may have him blinded.

I don't know what lines you were reading between but he didn't say much about bama at all. He stated he liked the state of Alabama in the article but not much about the uat. I actually read it the other way, Auburn has just as much chance as bama and ut, imo. I don't know what he said to other reporters for other schools but he gave Auburn some really nice reviews. And also I don't expect anyone to truly know but didn't bama sign quite a few QBs last year and this year?

I don't know what lines you were reading between but he didn't say much about bama at all. He stated he liked the state of Alabama in the article but not much about the uat. I actually read it the other way, Auburn has just as much chance as bama and ut, imo. I don't know what he said to other reporters for other schools but he gave Auburn some really nice reviews. And also I don't expect anyone to truly know but didn't bama sign quite a few QBs last year and this year?

About his bammer trip...

He said, on the record... When they see him throw, and he gets his "committable offer", that he wouldn't turn it down.

Tough to read that any other way...

Sucks, but it is what it is... There are plenty of other QB options.

About his bammer trip...

He said, on the record... When they see him throw, and he gets his "committable offer", that he wouldn't turn it down.

I guess I don't know what article you were referring. The free article from rivals didn't state what you wrote. I'm assuming it's another article, thanks.

After reading the article I think Auburn is in the mix. My ears are always perked up a bit when an uncommitted recruit says "we" when referring to Auburn, which Cornwell did.

After reading the article I think Auburn is in the mix. My ears are always perked up a bit when an uncommitted recruit says "we" when referring to Auburn, which Cornwell did.

I think Cornwell will either decide on NSD or sometime before his senior season. So this can either be a short wait or a long drawn out recruitment.

About his bammer trip...

I guess I don't know what article you were referring. The free article from rivals didn't state what you wrote. I'm assuming it's another article, thanks.

I hope he proves me wrong but he is fascinated with sabear and they do not have a QB with his size/arm and they do have an impressive O-Line going forward several years. I spoke with someone that has proven to be accurate as far as bammer recruiting for a long time and knows folks in t-town. He rarely makes these kind of calls. For instance he doesn't currently think they will get Roc Thomas. This seperates him from most bammers I know. (Well that and he is educated.)

I think Cornwell will either decide on NSD or sometime before his senior season. So this can either be a short wait or a long drawn out recruitment.

He will be an EE so he will already be in school on NSD. He is scheduled to commit in June.

He will be an EE so he will already be in school on NSD. He is scheduled to commit in June.

All we can do is hope.

It's interesting that AU is in the mix for many national QB recruits like Cornwell, Watson, Hansen, Barker, and Grier. Of course we recruited many of the big-time prospects last year as well. It's got to be good for the program to get that kind of exposure. But getting real at the end of the day I would say Doss and Rosier will be our signees. I could see Watson as a longshot but he would probably have a much better chance of playing early at Clemson. But I just don't see any of the others in Orange and Blue (AU type anyway), but I sure would like to be wrong.

It's interesting that AU is in the mix for many national QB recruits like Cornwell, Watson, Hansen, Barker, and Grier. Of course we recruited many of the big-time prospects last year as well. It's got to be good for the program to get that kind of exposure. But getting real at the end of the day I would say Doss and Rosier will be our signees. I could see Watson as a longshot but he would probably have a much better chance of playing early at Clemson. But I just don't see any of the others in Orange and Blue (AU type anyway), but I sure would like to be wrong.

Don't expect Auburn to sign 2 QBs. The plan is to sign 1. The spring and summer camps may change things but as of now I would be shocked if Rozier gets a commirrable offer from Auburn.

I sure hope we don't settle for Doss... That would mean we miss on all of our top targets.

Doss is a big-time athlete, no doubt... but needs a lot of work throwing the ball...

I sure hope we don't settle for Doss... That would mean we miss on all of our top targets.

Doss is a big-time athlete, no doubt... but needs a lot of work throwing the ball...

Well one positive about that were it to happen is he should have 2+ years to do just that.

Well one positive about that were it to happen is he should have 2+ years to do just that.

true

Recieved a fifth star from 247.

Could that be an indicator that he's a strong lean to the dark side?

No, mostly because he is from OK and this is 247's first update since the HS seasons ended. (I think) But he is a true 5* QB. Anyone that ranks him lower than that needs to be drug tested!

E, how is Oklahoma not in the picture with this kid being from Norman?

They only offered Justice Hansen and apparently prefer him over Cornwell.

From the department of tweets you don't want to see.

@DavidCornwell56m

Sometimes it's just fun to say it, Roll Tide

He seems to be recruiting for them also.

:puke: I'm starting to believe we should move this thread to the Rivals section.

@DavidCornwell56m

:puke: I'm starting to believe we should move this thread to the Rivals section.

Not until he commits.

@DavidCornwell56m

Not until he commits.

I know, I just feel like it's a foregone comclusion at this point. I believe Okie has written him off as well, as they have more than likely reached the same conclusion. They were told he wanted to play in the SEC (or at least that is what his Dad wants) so they moved on. Wish him the best but if he signs with bammer that wish will change.

Archived