Men vs. Florida Game Thread

WarTiger

Florida is just far more talented than Auburn. All the coaching in the world can't change that.

I agree. However, it's about time some of Barbee's recruits started to show their own talent. So far we're not seeing much.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they will. There are still some big holes to fill, and the team has to learn to play together. Let Barbee put all his pieces to the puzzle together first before the lynch mob starts.

Think about it from a very talented recruit's perspective. Auburn is not on the top of anyone's list right now. Barbee has a very tough job just getting the talent in place. It will take some time.

Florida is a great team. I watched them play Arizona earlier this year in a close game that they lost on the road. I think UF and about 10 other teams like Duke, Indiana, Miami, Michigan, Syracuse are all about even. UF is coached as well as Butler but they have much better players.

When you don't know how to block out, go up for a rebound, or play half court offense (except Denson) and your best ball handler is a walk on who couldn't hit the side of a barn then you have problems and end up with a 3-9 record in an absolute terrible conference. The fact that Southern, Sacred Heart, and a lot other teams that you have never heard of that posses zero resources are ranked ahead of us is justified. Coaching and recruiting are sub standard even for AU.

UF is a great team in a very bad basketball conference. I really dont remember the last time the SEC sucked this bad. Bama is in second place and they are awful. We need a new coach, no doubt, but I don't want Jacobs making anymore hires. If we need to keep lame duck barbee until jacobs is out, so be it.

This is the way I see it. If they are really good, they get hurt. If they don't get hurt they have serious character flaws, If they don't get hurt orf have serious charcter flaws, they flunk out. If they don't get hurt, have serious charcter flaws or don't flunk out, they don;t want to stay. To sum it up, it is what it is.

I truly thought when AU jumped out to a 2-0 record in league play things were starting to turn around. I guess I was WRONG.

Don't worry, you weren't alone. But if you were to go back now, in light of what you know about this team today, I think you'd see that AU hasn't really changed much, the other teams have just gotten better.

I truly thought when AU jumped out to a 2-0 record in league play things were starting to turn around. I guess I was WRONG.

Don't worry, you weren't alone. But if you were to go back now, in light of what you know about this team today, I think you'd see that AU hasn't really changed much, the other teams have just gotten better.

Actually it seems that a couple of our key players are in a prolonged slump and no one has stepped up to fill the gap. It's expected that every team should/will get better as the season goes along but that's not the case with AU...and JMO but the team is not playing as well.

Just bad....no leadership, no offensive identity, no scoring threat on ANY level, upperclassmen look timid/ scared when on the court....just bad...bad, bad, bad, bad, bad. But hey, at least our free throw percentage has gone up.

Just bad....no leadership, no offensive identity, no scoring threat on ANY level, upperclassmen look timid/ scared when on the court....just bad...bad, bad, bad, bad, bad. But hey, at least our free throw percentage has gone up.

There it is....... :jossun: . I have been looking for it. lol

Archived