bama's numbers to 85

WhiteTiger

I was reading a transcript of a chat with A Scarborough about and some gut asked

"How many more departures should we expect before this summer as the roster is reduced to 85 with the incoming class?"

Alex Scarborough replied.

As a matter of fact, expect three today: Jonathan Athchinson, Chris Bonds and William Ming. That news should become official soon. Coupled with Danny Woodson's suspension, Marvin Shinn's absence and the four players being kicked out of school, that puts Alabama at 86. One more departure will come at some point before fall to get that number to 85.

Again, typical uat..................

As much as I hate UAT, I have to say this happens everywhere. Hopefully by the time a couple of years pass we'll have to have some disappear in order to get down to 85.

Remember, normal attrition is seven to nine a year, every year. Auburn has plenty of space and we've already lost seven since last season ended. I wouldn't be surprised to see us lose six or seven more before fall camp starts. Attrition is always higher in years when there's a coaching change.

I love how normal attrition works. You start with +/-95 each year and always hit 85 on the nose. Crazy!

As for AU - I do expect a few more, but I just cant beleive it would be 6 or 7 more. I figure 3 guys will probably transfer after the incoming class gets here.

It wouldn't be unusual to lose three to injury alone between now and the end of fall camp, particularly if there is a tough spring. Then too, when guys end up 5th on the depth chart after spring practice they tend to wander away. I can't recall a single year when we didn't lose more than three from now until the beginning of the following season.

I hope we don't lose many, we need the warm bodies and the 85 limit is not a problem but history says six or seven more will fall by the wayside before the first game of the season.

Archived