Problems in Texas...

aupops2

It was asked on another site why we are going after a lot of prospects from Texas. People, things are about to explode at the University of Texas, and it's gonna happen this year. The lawsuit by the former women's basketball coach, plus the undercurrent from other accusations will no longer be ignored.

It was asked on another site why we are going after a lot of prospects from Texas. People, things are about to explode at the University of Texas, and it's gonna happen this year. The lawsuit by the former women's basketball coach, plus the undercurrent from other accusations will no longer be ignored.

Interesting. I guess our new staff has some decent Texas connections, as well? Maybe a good time to take advantage of that.

Wow, that will be a positive for ta&m for a couple years. They got a bunch of cash at UTw though. They would be better equipped I would think to deal with a financial blow than Penn St. wouldn't they? I realize the NCAA sanctions bother them more than the money but they aren't rollin' in it like them 'horns I wouldn't think.

It's a perfect storm of many things coming together at the same time.To put it in perspective, think of being the big dog on the block for many, many years. Now, think of all that coming to an end. Texas A&M made a successful move to the SEC and announced a 400 Million stadium expansion. Baylor is building a new stadium on an island that looks like something from Star Wars. But the real problem is the football infrastructure, where Mack Brown, just like our own Gene Chizik, can't decide on an offensive strategy. Then finally, there is the lawsuit from a former Basketball coach for sexual harassment in criminal court, not the NCAA, plus Major Applewhite admission of infidelity. All of this lands at the feet pf the AD, Dodds, who is under a lot of of fire to get this mess straightened out. This year, they simply are not prepared for all this coming down at one time. There's a lot of fodder there for the right recruiter to mention.

Interesting, if true ta&m may become even tougher. The SEC West ain't no joke guys. With ole sis coming around, Arky will be solid soon as well.

Interesting, if true ta&m may become even tougher. The SEC West ain't no joke guys. With ole sis coming around, Arky will be solid soon as well.

Disagree here. Brett B bit off more than he can chew. Arky will be anywhere from 5th to 7th in the West on a yearly basis.

Disagree here. Brett B bit off more than he can chew. Arky will be anywhere from 5th to 7th in the West on a yearly basis.

I agree also.

I agree also.

Third.... Bret has no idea what he is signing up for, I give him 3 years max.

I agree also.

Third.... Bret has no idea what he is signing up for, I give him 3 years max.

A quick look at some recruiting numbers will illuminate the idea that Big Ten Brett did indeed bite off more than he could chew. Using rivals recruiting numbers we find that Arky finished 27th in recruiting. You might say that's not too bad but when you finish 12th in the SEC and last in your division and even Vanderbilt out recruited you, that should give a dedicated Hogs fan pause. The only SEC teams you out recruited are Missouri and perpetual SEC doormat Kentucky. One might say, "well he was a new coach in the SEC give him a chance", but of the three other new coaches in the SEC he was out recruited by two of them and only out recruited Mike Stoops the coach of that perpetual doormat Kentucky. There was a reason why Urban Myer at Ohio State told the Big Ten coaches that they needed to step it up as far as recruiting was concerned. When the last seven NCAA national champs have come out of the SEC and 5 of the last 6 out of the SEC West and you are still recruiting like you are in the Big Ten your not setting yourself up for success.

It's a perfect storm of many things coming together at the same time.To put it in perceptive, think of being the big dog on the block for many, many years. Now, think of all that coming to an end. Texas A&M made a successful move to the SEC and announced a 400 Million stadium expansion. Baylor is building a new stadium on an island that looks like something from Star Wars. But the real problem is the football infrastructure, where Mack Brown, just like our own Gene Chizik, can't decide on an offensive strategy. Then finally, there is the lawsuit from a former Basketball coach for sexual haressment in criminal court, not the NCAA, plus Major Applewhite admission of infidelity. All of this lands at the feet pf the AD, Dodds, who is under a lot of of fire to get this mess straightened out. This year, they simply are not prepared for all this coming down at one time. There's a lot of fodder there for the right recruiter to mention.

Ouch. Hope you're wrong because I like Texas, but even as a Horns fan I have to say that this shift in power is in large part to UT's greed in the conference realignment/LHN fiasco. If they fail to win at least 10 games this year I say they should fire Brown and hire Petrino.

I hope y'all are right about Arky, because we're gonna need a relatively easy SEC West game.

It's a perfect storm of many things coming together at the same time.To put it in perceptive, think of being the big dog on the block for many, many years. Now, think of all that coming to an end. Texas A&M made a successful move to the SEC and announced a 400 Million stadium expansion. Baylor is building a new stadium on an island that looks like something from Star Wars. But the real problem is the football infrastructure, where Mack Brown, just like our own Gene Chizik, can't decide on an offensive strategy. Then finally, there is the lawsuit from a former Basketball coach for sexual haressment in criminal court, not the NCAA, plus Major Applewhite admission of infidelity. All of this lands at the feet pf the AD, Dodds, who is under a lot of of fire to get this mess straightened out. This year, they simply are not prepared for all this coming down at one time. There's a lot of fodder there for the right recruiter to mention.

Ouch. Hope you're wrong because I like Texas, but even as a Horns fan I have to say that this shift in power is in large part to UT's greed in the conference realignment/LHN fiasco. If they fail to win at least 10 games this year I say they should fire Brown and hire Petrino.

I hope y'all are right about Arky, because we're gonna need a relatively easy SEC West game.

Texas needs Saban or Miles. IMO.

A 10 win season MIGHT save him, but Oklahoma better be one of the ten, along with a&m and okie state.

A 10 win season MIGHT save him, but Oklahoma better be one of the ten, along with a&m and okie state.

They don't play TAMU anymore Pops.

They don't play TAMU anymore Pops.

Brain fart

Saban and Miles aren't going anywhere. They can get Petrino, on the other hand, for a relatively cheap price.

Saban and Miles aren't going anywhere. They can get Petrino, on the other hand, for a relatively cheap price.

If Texas offered any of the three coaches, 7-10 Million, the coaches would be stupid to refuse. They get easily a top 10 class without basically doing any recruiting. Get to be head of a top 5 program. Have unlimited resources. It would be too easy. Mack Brown has had his day.

Bama and LSU would be able to (and gladly would) match what Texas could offer Saban or Miles for. Western Kentucky with Petrino...not so much.

Archived