2014 4* RB Tony James (Oregon signee)

ellitor

4_617140.JPG

Auburn offered today

Gainesville, FL (Gainesville)

Ht: 5-10 | Wt: 170

Lead Recruiter: Tim Horton

Averaged 10+ yards per carry in 2012

Has 12 BCS offers including notables Auburn, Florida, Ohio St, Oregon, FSU, GT, Miami, Nebraska, and Ole Miss

Highlights

• 3 months later...

We could certainly do worse. I do hope that this is not a sign against us getting Roc. I really want to watch him play for the good guys!!

How fast is he cause he isn't going to run over a lot of folks.

How many did OMac run over in the Speed role?, which is what James is being recruited for by the staff.

How many did OMac run over in the Speed role?, which is what James is being recruited for by the staff.

It was just a question and observation. Is he Omac fast?

It was just a question and observation. Is he Omac fast?

Not sure but look at his offers. Teams that have a rep fpr quality speed backs.

Only watched half of the Hudl highlights. Kid can play. Especially like his vision, in addition to speed. Would be interesting to see him returning kicks, too.

I always had a feeling this coaching staff was looking for another RB for this class. I didn't and still don't believe if you run a 2 back system (as Malzahn states all time) and you have 3 of your 5 scholarship backs as upperclassman you would only want 1 RB in this class. 1 brusier back maybe but Malzahn uses a brusier and a speed guy so I would think you would atleast want one of both. I still want Roc but if he wants to go elsewhere so be it and bring a guy like James in. Looks like he is a good fit for they speed role as his HS lines him up out of the slot for sweeps and quick passes already. I like that bunch formation on the short side and the sweep to field side his offenses uses. Just straight speed there. To answer his forty time I gonna guess its somewhere around Quan Brays time maybe mid 4.4s but probably 4.5ish from what I remember from watching some of his highlights. Just my guess. I am probably way off as I did horrible guessing forty times watching the combine last year.

Ellitor, I know youve been asked this before, but who are the guys in the picture..... :-\

L-R Deshaun Davis, Kam Pettway, Justin Thornton, Tre, Stanton Truitt.

E, I listened to the interview and have watched his film. He can really play. He seems almost like the same player that Truitt is. Is that the way u see or others see it. Interesting we would take two burner RBs in the same class. That being said, you can't coach speed, and that always made FL soo difficult in past years. These guys can be a bit fragile, and having a few to go to sure couldn't hurt.

E, I listened to the interview and have watched his film. He can really play. He seems almost like the same player that Truitt is. Is that the way u see or others see it. Interesting we would take two burner RBs in the same class. That being said, you can't coach speed, and that always made FL soo difficult in past years. These guys can be a bit fragile, and having a few to go to sure couldn't hurt.

Truitt is recruited as a slot WR. James is recruited as an edge back.

I could see Gus and Rhett adapting the O so that you have a QB that is a threat a well as multiple 4.3 - 4.4 backs/slot and a couple 6'-03" WR or Uzomah, who you gonna key on? I can not wait!!!! I want to go to sleep tonight and wake up and it be August 31st!!

• 2 months later...

Archived