AUBURN or OKLAHOMA

Tigermike

I realize I am biased toward Auburn, but I do admit it in advance. With that said, here is my take.

Auburn should be 2nd in all polls and most importantly in the BCS standings. Why not Oklahoma? Easy, OKLAHOMA had their chance last year and screwed the pup. Last years championship game should have had LSU and USC playing for the national championship. But for some reason they had LSU playing OKLAHOMA. You might say that you can't screw OKLAHOMA because of last year but last year OKLAHOMA screwed SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA. So in a sense screwing OKLAHOMA this year would do two things: It would make things right that were screwed up last year and more importantly it would put a better team AUBURN in the championship game. See, it's easy if you just think about it.

:big:

Auburn and Oklahoma should be in

USC is reaping the benifit of not playing in it last year and has not had to play as hard a schedule as us eventhough I think they are better than Oklahoma

You are correct there is no championship game for the PAC 10. BUT USC beat Virginia Tech in the BCA CLASSIC. Therefore if they win out, they will be 12 - 0. They still have to play Notre Dame and UCLA.

One thing I would have to look at is the fact that OU has lost two games since the last time AU lost a game. USC hasn't lost since mid-season last year. I think AU and USC are the two best teams with OU right in there at a close third. OUs biggest win was against a UT team that had to score 30 straight points week before last and 14 staright points in the last 4 minutes to beat bad teams.

It seems to be a consensus that AU should be at least 2. But what is killing AU is the BCS computer rankings. ULM and The Citadel have killed our SOS and the computer uses that rank. OU plays two more patsies, Baylor and in the CG against a team with probobly 3 or 4 losses. A win by UA against LSU might have helped us if we beat them this weekend. The UT loss to ND also hurt us, but we beat them in the SECCG and things look good. I still believe that if we win out, we eventually get above OU in the BCS. Have confidence!!! I know it's hard, but we will get there!!!

Well, all of this should be settled on the field. If unbeaten, USC, AU and OU have a right to play for the championship.

I do not understand any poll having OU as No. 1.

I truly believe that USC or AU would beat OU.

I also believe that USC would play us a tough game, but we would win.

Has anyone heard from the OU camp? Are they just staying quiet and hoping things don't change?

It's a shame that any of these teams are left without the opportunity to prove who's best on the field.

Well, all of this should be settled on the field.  If unbeaten, USC, AU and OU have a right to play for the championship.

I do not understand any poll having OU as No. 1.

I truly believe that USC or AU would beat OU.

I also believe that USC would play us a tough game, but we would win.

Has anyone heard from the OU camp?  Are they just staying quiet and hoping things don't change?

It's a shame that any of these teams are left without the opportunity to prove who's best on the field.

121988[/snapback]

I sincerly hope that if Auburn goes thru the championship game without a loss that you get to go for the championship. Win, lose or draw, you would deserve that, and without getting to play in that game, you would always wonder "what if?"

That just would not be fair. It is a very hard thing, and I don't care what year it is to go the entire season in the SEC and not lose a game. Not many teams have ever done that, and if they did, they played for the national championship, and this year should be no different. Of course, I do hope that you lose this week-end, but that's just my BAMA roots coming out. If it makes you feel any better, Auburn could have knocked us out of it the 1992 season, and wasn't able to do it, so I wouldn't count on us spoiling your plans this year.

Archived